London Commuter Brighton Platform 3 Line Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by IfICanDream, Dec 9, 2021.

1. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

With about 13 miles left to go, I get a signal to stop. Presumably to wait for a signal change. One never comes. What do I need to do there?

2. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Rage quit and send a report to DTG so they can ignore it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

Red-Light-Issues are a thing in this game unfortunately.
    If you could name the service and used train, maybe DTG can address this and put it to the list of other issues of this kind.
    There is nothing you can do, if it doesn't switch it's a bug.

4. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

Thanks. I hoped it was that and not some bumble by me.

5. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

It depends on the situation.
    There are plenty of reports of stuck red lights across various routes but specifically on the Brighton Main Line, but personally I honestly cannot recall ever having this issue. Some red lights really do just take a while to clear, and that's because an AI service ahead of you has already requested and claimed the right of way on the tracks ahead of your signal.
    Depending on the route and how the services are set up, they can claim the right of way far far ahead of where their train actually is, it could be several miles/kilometers. Sometimes it can be a few minutes, but it shouldn't take longer than 10 or 15 minutes.

There's a few clues you can use to figure out if this is indeed the case.
    Of course you can just use the track map and check the signals around your vicinity. If there's any greens or yellow aspects, try following along the path until you see a train– it could be the one that's got the right of way ahead of you.

Also depending on the situation, contacting the dispatcher can bring up a few different responses. Sometimes you might get the message, "Wait for signal to change", which is a dead giveaway that a train is going to pass in front of you. If you get something along the lines of "Train appears to be off path" or "no path found" then something might be wrong.
    In which case, you can write down the service name, the time, and location of the signal and report it over on the technical forums or in the timetable feedback thread.

Sometimes these problems can be reproduced, sometimes they're can't. The dispatcher in TSW2 can be a bit finicky in certain situations; sometimes just arriving a few minutes early or a few minutes late can yield different results. So it's helpful to record as much information as you can when this does crop up.

By the way, did this issue happen at Haywards Heath station? I've noticed sometimes when you have a scheduled stop there, there is usually a red signal at the end of the platform (bound for Brighton). Trains usually come to join services or split up at this station, and as such you might have to wait a while for them to do their thing. This could potentially be the source of the issue, but it could honestly be something else

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  6. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

You really are lucky then, if you never encountered it, but I have to be honest, I played a lot in the last few weeks, so I had three, but that's not many too.
    Otherwise if this error occurs, it's very frustrating of course. (Rhymemaster '21)

7. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

When is London commuter going to be fixed we are waiting far too long and I want some actions