Train Sim World 2 - Rhb Anniversary Collection Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 6, 2021.

1. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

The Christmas decorations like the viaduct is stated to come free with the timetable update. The extra 10 services, observation coach, liveries and scenarios which add extra decorations will be if you buy the gameplay pack. My opinion is that this is the perfect route for a Christmas themed update and I look forward to it and it also looks like we will have some new freight to deliver, Christmas presents!
    3855E6B1-5FAD-4373-BB1B-741609183D50.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

I enjoyed the TS classic halloween DLC and would love more 'fun' updates like it - this looks like a nice addition and I will buy it as long as the price is reasonable

• Like Like x 3
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

As much as I still am not a big fan of Rivet... we have a UFO crashsite in the game. Some fun can be had and should be had as long as you can turn it off when wanting a serious simulation.

• Like Like x 8
  4. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Do you know if Rivet has given any information about additional fixes apart from the timetable in the next update? Sounds, for example?

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I changed my mind about the UFO and other such Mastery rewards. I don‘t bother with them myself and at first I thought it was a bit ridiculous but then, after a while, I came round to the idea that these things are just a bit of fun and are harmless. As you say, you can partake if you wish or ignore them. The same will apply to the themed scenarios here, which I look forward to enjoying at some point, just for the sheer novelty and joy of them. I can then get back to the serious business of completing every service on London Commuter. All with a smile on my face, whatever I’m driving.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I think I like this. Nice instead of all this real life kitsch stuff you can buy in shops. It will add to the fun of a relaxed Xmas.

7. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Made a suggestion a while ago on rivets forum for additional rolling stock:

1B.jpg

1A.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The stream running now and jd said it will cost less then a route.Yea?

9. rcholmes85

rcholmes85 Active Member

Price just announced as £9.99/€11.99/$14.99

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Seems reasonable for a coach, scenarios and some very nice liveries.

I hope we can turn that Christmas music off!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  11. SHINO BAZ

Well i guess i know what the topic for the next week will be about.

I was on the fence about buying this,i think i'll wait and see if it's broken before deciding one way or the other.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Hmm. A bit steep I think. Should have been £7.99 considering we only get a coach, some liveries, scenarios and some very small route assets. Feels like they are including the cost of fixing the timetable.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Nice, price is OK for what you get. Liveries, five scenarios, additional timetable drives and additional scenery for the scenarios and timetable.

If you don't want it, you get some free bug fixes, so that's good.

• Like Like x 2
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The price isn’t too bad because there are new assets, services, scenarios and 5 new locos (joke). I don’t have Arosa on my PS5 at the moment because of the DLC limit and the lurching bug but I can’t wait to get it back on my machine because I miss driving the route. I’ll be getting this add-on pack to add to the atmosphere but not at launch because I don’t want to be swapping DLC around on the PS5 just yet (I haven’t bought anything since the limit was imposed because of it). It’s been added to the list. Sherman Hill is at the top of that list for when the fix comes but this isn’t far behind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

£9.99 no thank you

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

I don't have problem with price, but are the bugs fixed? Sounds and the nitro-like take off? If yes, then it's an instant buy for me, otherwise I will wait for a sale or ignore this DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  17. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I disagree that it is a fair price. Is it fair that this product costs €2 less than building a new train or locomotive, with new physics, new sounds, new livery, new scenarios, new tutorial with voice instructions, new service schedules?
    Well, I compare it to, say, the G6, 101 or 363 DLC and it seems like a joke.
    Maybe by Christmas next year, with a 50% discount.

• Like Like x 9
  18. SHINO BAZ

Maybe i'll save my my money for the horseshoe or halem dlc routes.As for arosa/chur add another loco or loco/wagon combo dlc and i'll spend for that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Seems a fair price to me as your getting more gameplay as well as the liveries and the coach.

I know it's only a little cheaper than a loco but they usually only come with 3 scenarios and you're getting 5 here.

It won't be for everyone but it'll be a day one purchase for me.

• Like Like x 4
  20. SHINO BAZ

I wonder if whats his name who gave the go ahead to jd to release the price regrets it now.Because clearly it's a bit to high and to close to a add on loco dlc.But only time will tell if it work out on not.

• Like Like x 3
  21. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A price is "fair" if you are willing to pay it. That's the only definition there is.

• Like Like x 7
  22. SHINO BAZ

Max price that would make this more appealing to more people would have been.
    7.55 GBP.
    8.84 EUR.
    9.99 USD.
    By pricing it to close to loco add on dlc it make comparing it to a add on loco dlc not make it look as good or as appealing.

• Like Like x 3
  23. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

I think 10 USD is the sweet spot for this kind of DLC but I will end up getting it anyways - I'm a sucker for holiday cheer

• Like Like x 1
  24. SHINO BAZ

I'm now wondering if the price was released to get a idea on how people would respond to it.Positively or Negatively,the question now is could the price change before release or is it already locked in.

• Like Like x 2
  25. meridian#2659

About compare with the g6. The reality is, heavy modeled and detailed loco dlcs like maiks shunter should be priced for 28 euro.

Just trains railjet advanced for ts is still sold 50 euro +.

Rivet decided to create a nice wagon, enhance the timetable with more services (according to stream they are gonna be freight and the use of the new coach) and 5 scenarios. On top we get 5 real liveries for the ge4/4.

All this you wont get for 2 pounds. I expect devs to go the extra mile when it comes to make tsw2 more accurate, a better sim with more gameplay choice, and im also gonna pay for that.

It took a long time now to fix arosa, but better late than never.

• Like Like x 5
  26. SHINO BAZ

[QUOTE="enhance the timetable with more services and 5 scenarios.[/QUOTE]

Well lets just hope all these new service and timetables and scenarios have been fully tests and work...Great now we have something else to worry about.

27. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I also think the price is fair. Not sure I want it, But for what you get it seems reasonable.

For those comparing it to the G6 price it may seem high. But as mentioned above. The G6 is probably far too cheap. I don’t think I would have complained at all if the G6 was double the normal loco price, given the quality of it.

• Like Like x 6
  28. bogallan1

bogallan1 Member

The price is reasonable in my opinion. The loco liveries are very well done and will add a great deal of enjoyment to my playing the route. The fixes too, though overdue, are most welcome. We need a bit of Christmas cheer at this time too I feel. Looking forward to Thursday.

29. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this, some DLC are too cheap relative to what they offer. But that's DTG's policy. I hope one day they will rethink it but until then I can only compare prices of TSW, not TS. If this price is fair, then definitely the price of other DLC is very unfair.

• Like Like x 2
  30. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Interesting timing here - it's a seasonal pack but a lot of PS5 users likely have the route quarantined and presumably will way into the new year. That may have an effect on sales.

• Like Like x 6
  31. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

My thoughts about the stream from yesterday (I did not watch everything due to not enough time, so correct me if I missed something):

- Loco designs very nice, good resolutions of the adds
    - Loco physics better, but still not good
    - Brakes still completely wonky
    - Coaches same sounds, but quieter. Better, but still not good
    - No scenery changes according to Jaspar, route looks better in Winter than in Summer
    - Less trees in the video, than after an update in-game for me. I don't know when it was updated, but in my game around Langwies there are way more trees, but in the stream, again back to the trees we had before. Pity. Adding more trees would really help a lot
    - despite you saying other things, the open cars do not run in Winter (from the RhB-Website: Die Cabrio-Wagen der RhB fahren vom 30. Mai – 30. Oktober 2022 täglich auf der Arosalinie.) Departures Chur: 11:08 and 14:08, departures Arosa: 11:49, 15:49 (well, if I bought the DLC, I will just tell myself, that a group reserved it, even if not 100% realistically)
    - in the scenario, Matt had to garage the loco on a siding, that had no overhead-wire.
    - if I saw correctly, at least one of the wrong speed boards has been changed [​IMG]

And I saw an other bug, I forgot to mention in my earlier bug-reports:
    Way too much space between the buffers, the buffers should touch when coupled. In game, there is always like 20cm between them. That would give a really bad drive in reality (don't know how to explain it, but the coaches will run up to to the coaches in front of them, go against the buffers with a shock, get back, get a shock from the couplings. And this on a line with this decline could be fatal, as there are too much forces in there.) There are only very few strict cases when you are allowed not to couple strongly.

On the next routes, please add PIS-screens, each station on the route has them. It is just so much better, if you want to run around free-roam etc, so you can see in-game, when the next train will come. (Arosa and Chur have big screens on the plattforms, and all the stations have PIS-systems included in the information-screens etc)
    I am waiting, what has been improved in the launch build, as you have said, that Matt did not have the newest build.

• Like Like x 5
  32. SHINO BAZ

I'll suspect this would sell 10x better(How well it work another story)then 5 professional paint jobs and bone chilling Regular/Christmas(lights,sound) Observation Car and Log wagons filled with a loads of unrealistic oversized Christmas Gifts.(Nothing wrong with a holiday theme in a dlc but this just doesn't have the same wow factor as a loco add on dlc.).

Note:Now if rivets where to surprise us with a announcement of some kind of at least in production loco add on dlc for arosa/chur that might help make this pack easier to deal with.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  33. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Yes! On stream Jasper said they are updating the sounds and updating the physics of the locomotive as well!

• Like Like x 3
  34. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Good! I am very happy to read this. Hopefully we can enjoy this beautiful route as it deserves.

• Like Like x 2
  35. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Oi! Now that's a statement to get excited about! :)

• Like Like x 1
  36. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Are they still in the process of updating them, or the lates preview stream was the updated final version? Because from what I've read, people are still a bit unhappy about what was seen on the stream.

37. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

The majority on playstation is on PS4. So no problem for Rivet Games.

• Like Like x 1
  38. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Not interested in the pack as I have not got the route but it looked OK. £9.99? I wonder if this will be one of DTG's experiments like Diesel Legends? I mean, if enough people buy it will we see DTG releasing Liveries for the same price?

• Like Like x 1
  39. docsnyder1911

TBH. It would be better Rivet made an Allegra loco addon.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Matt said there was an updated build with more fixes just before the stream started but it would have taken about 3 hours to update. Jasper did do a quick test on an internal build and said there were changes not in the build Matt had :) There is another stream on Thursday which will be the release build :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

$14.99 for a couple of new liveries, a coach that runs in the summer and some extra services that could've been included in the original timetable to begin with. Seems overpriced in my opinion.

I know that people don't have time to make liveries but this is why i believe that players should have the ablity to share liveries. That's been suggested multiple times. If a sharing option was available, then we probably wouldn't have this dlc and therefore dtg wouldn't have to do these experiments

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  42. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And then people would complain that they got physics wrong

• Like Like x 3
  43. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

It actually was Adam and his team that came up with the UFO. He has mentioned it several times on streams.

Rivet did help with the route but it is a DTG product not a Rivet one.

So as much as I love to pile on Rivet, in this case it was not their idea.

And you can turn it off in the configure overlays menu.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I know it was Adam's team, I mentioned the UFO in comparison to Rivet's Christmas gift train as an unrealistic thing people don't mind.

45. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

Wow so they are gonna make you spend almost 30$ for a route with one loco couple of coach cars on a route that only goes 20mph..? Sure the the views are nice but that’s pretty boring going that fast for god knows how long lmao. If they were smart they would lower the price but oh hey there’s a 3 dollar discount LOVE joke smh. THEN on top of that they are gonna make you spend 15$ for a couple of livery’s and new coach and a new scenarios..? Huh DTG you guy can’t be serious right now who is gonna buy that, that’s such a scam in a half.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  46. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I'm like 100% sure Rivet will do the Allegra. Jasper himself mentioned for months that Rivet consideres this train.

• Like Like x 2
  47. docsnyder1911

Especially for Immersion it would be much better. In real the dominant loco on that route is the Allegra not the Ge4.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

From what I saw on the stream an observation coach with no passengers.

49. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Timetable update free the rest has to be paid for.

50. meridian#2659

Jasper mentioned it will have passengers. The stream wasnt the newest built, which arrived devs 10min before stream.

• Like Like x 1