Open Letter To Rivet

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by paintbrushguy, Dec 7, 2021.

1. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Very happy with the price point on this pack, if we remember Rivet also has discounted their routes at launch to what they see as a fair price, considering the liveries, observation coach, 4(?) scenarios, two of which are Christmas related and even has us delivering presents with unique freight, and 10 extra services on top of the free update that is a revised time table, adds holiday decorations and fixes some of the route physics. I’m actually very happy to see Arosa get some attention it deserves and I’ll be more then happy to pay for this DLC not only because I think it’s worth it, but because I want to support Rivet so they can continue to make TSW2 content in the future.

• Like Like x 5
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

It pains me to say the route looks good in snow. It’s the non snow that’ll ruin it for me. Some nice touches though and improvements seen.

3. appledates#4945

Saying that Arosa looks good in the snow shouldn’t pain you. It does look great in the snow, which I think it will look even better with Christmas decorations!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It really does look great in snow, the only thing I don't like (judging from videos) is the completely clear snow layer in the city. I mean roads don't stay clean for long after snowfall, as it will either be completely cleared or at least some cars will drive over it. Some tyre marks on the road could really improve the look, just like the dirt road tyre marks remain visible on winter as well on Sherman Hill. The same asset could be used on the roads on Arosa.
    [​IMG]

5. appledates#4945

Why do you hate Rivet?

Why, oh why?

Is it the way they build mountains?

Or put birds in the sky?

You write an open letter

In hopes they get better

But your really just another

Wearing an “I hate Rivet” sweater.

Rivet puts out good routes and trains

Maybe you would be happier

Flying a plane.

They might have some bugs

Just like them all

But to point out “it’s just Rivet”

Makes you seem small.

• Like Like x 3
  6. zzw1983

zzw1983 Well-Known Member

Wow. The sadness factor of this forum just reached new heights.

• Like Like x 2
  7. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Yep. And the sadness levels were always high

• Like Like x 1
  8. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

To be honest, the liveries do not interest me that much, however the observation coach is nice. I have to admit though that the Christmas-themed scenarios and decorations are very cute. Since I could probably only stand playing Arosa in the snow, that is a bonus. I am drawn to buy the route just for that corny holiday spirit more than I would like to admit.

It looks like a good bit of fun, and Rivet politics aside I do think it is a fitting and appealing addition to the route for those to own it, and I encourage developers to try more of these experimental gameplay packs in the future to expand the possibilities of the game (like DLGW). Unfortunately I just don't think it's quite enough to make up for the rest of Arosa's shortcomings.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  9. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

They said on the stream that there is a free bug fix update coming for Arosa in addition to the pay pack. Those updates normally come out on the Tuesday UK time before new packs are released so try it then.

• Like Like x 2