Ts22 - Chatham Main Line Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 10, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  2. ArTrailfanRaf214

ArTrailfanRaf214 Member

3. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

Amazing. Will the Class 395 have an upgrade?
    Any chance to a Thameslink DLC?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I am not that familiar with the English network, will this be an extension of Chatham mainline or a full new route?

5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

You don't know how happy I am to have Dover in TS. That said, the use of the old Class 375 is not something I am happy about at all. I am almost certain that white 375 is going to be identical to the London to Brighton one, bar the removed CCTV cameras.

I wonder, is Chatham Main Line now the only route to be extended twice?

And also, since Dover is very close to where I live, I will absolutely tear Dovetail apart for everything they get wrong.

6. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

If it means anything Dover was done by someone who went to school there, worked there and lived about 13 miles away from :) If that means anything, granted it won't be perfect of course (but then nothing really is)

• Like Like x 6
  7. LPSimulation

LPSimulation Member

I take it this is based off your freeware route?

8. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

It has used the Track to Dover (and Herne Bay) but isn't the same route in regards to scenery that has been improved upon since that route. (then again the workshop route didn't have much scenery for Dover, but for this route I was part of a team, so has stations and completed scenery compared to a unfinished route, which will be updated when the DTG route is released though.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Wooooooooooooaaaa!! What a news, super))

10. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

So we can expect St Pancras to Dover via Faversham?

• Like Like x 1
  11. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

On workshop? Maybe :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

So, I'm guessing a workshop route, being made into a payware, which I'm not against if the amount of work put into justifies it. Always wanted more of the SE routes implemented somehow. I also wish more was expanded from the BML as well, east or west of it. Still one of my favorite routes to this day.

This hopefully alleviates what Danny has in his backlog. Honestly, I think anything he expands upon should be officially implemented. He deserves a lot of credit. Because his efforts to me are what really heightened my interest in TS in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  13. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

It does use some of the workshop route but it's not a workshop route gone payware (the workshop route is still on workshop :) ), but that being said a few people have worked on the route for scenery and for the station modelling too.

PS Thank you though :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I'm excited about it either way. Thank you for your efforts.

15. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Ooh very interesting. Does including Blackfriars mean we could get an update to the South London and Thameslink workshop route?

16. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Maybe :) (it's the same track for that area :) )

• Like Like x 2
  17. Vaffelen

Vaffelen Well-Known Member

Quite excited about this. I'm assuming Medway valley will be excluded from this version?
    Also glad to have a better looking 465 in TS1.

18. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

Please God let there been a class 700 in it, or as a separate DLC shortly after.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this and as the proud owner of APs Class 411 this is just fantastic news.

However, DTG's home stations of Chatham and Rochester have featured in 4 DLC but only 13 miles North East across the Thames Estuary. Britain's newest city, Southend still has none. In fact it's Kent 5, Essex 1. It's an outrage, cockney outrage at that.

Please look north across the mud for your next South Eastern release. Don't make us send a consignment of jellied eels and a crate of Babycham.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Doomotron

@atomicdanny Did your Workshop route have the Medway Valley?

Also I'm not sure the 465 is upgraded; it looks like the same awful model from the Chatham Main Line. The 375/8 and /9 are just the London to Brighton models (from 2012), and the old headlight variants are the Chatham Main Line ones, which are a slight upgrade but not by much. The 395 will probably be identical to the London to Faversham one from 2013. Hopefully the scenery will be better quality than the trains!

21. Andrew Tiffin

Andrew Tiffin Member

It will be so great to have London Blackfriars in Train Simulator 2022. It will be so good to have two London termini in this route

22. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Aye a nice C2C route would be very welcome. Has never been replicated in any sim ever. The 357 is also the best electrostar around

• Like Like x 1
  23. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

I have a few workshop routes, some that include the Medway Valley (this route doesn't as it says in the article I believe), but as I've said this route is not "an upgraded workshop route". The 375s you'll be disappointed - they are from this pack (I'm not going to lie about it, they are the Chatham Versions with minor alterations, like handrails inside and differences to the lights) - the 465/9 however is new (well to TS1).

PS I do agree though that a brand new 375 would have been nice but sadly for this route it's not the case. However, I think it's best that I refrain from commenting further in this post, to avoid confusion and to not give the wrong impression.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  24. AirbourneAlex

The 465 looks like a ported over version of the TSW one. (If this is possible, Class 166 next please!)
    Also will this include an updated version of the Sheerness branch? (I guess we'll find out next week anyway).

25. Doomotron

What does make me annoyed is that the 375s from the 375 the livery pack (which I believe was your work - if it is, that was a great job, thank you) aren't even included, so we have an alright CML 375 combined with the older one which was terrible. I don't know why they bothered; having a white 375 is unrealistic for the time period, and is a /8 and /9 really needed, taking into account the low quality? To be honest, I wish they'd done what they did with the 465 and transfer to TSW model over. That one looks quite good. Maybe they could have also thrown in a 377/5 as well to be nice, based on the TSW 377/4 of course. Luckily the 395 doesn't need much work other than sounds (then again, all three trains need work on the sounds); it has held up very well over the years.
    I see it now. The 465/9 from the 465 livery pack didn't have the correct seats in first class, while this one does. Hopefully it's done well, as I might get the route just for the new 465 - the original London to Faversham one is dated and the Chatham Main Line ones are a crime against humanity.

26. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Not true - the 375/8s and /9s are in the above-mentioned pack (well will be on release) - that pack is being included with the route :) - The scenario in question is set during the time when the white 375s were more prominent :), they 375/8s and /9s are based on the ones in the Livery pack not the London to Brighton ones. (I did those in my own time, so they wouldn't have done anything different)

That is a fair point, the one in the livery pack was just a reskin, I didn't have the skills to change the model (equally I did that in my own time, but it wasn't released until 3 years after I made it)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  27. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Don't we already have two versions of this route?

28. ArTrailfanRaf214

ArTrailfanRaf214 Member

yeah i think its a new route extension better than the default chatham line imo cuz it has more length to dover and a new london station plus a 395. hope they update the sounds on the 465

29. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

I hope owners of the original(s) get a discount as there will be a fair chunk of track we already own

30. Doomotron

I know the /8 and /9 were in the pack, but were identical to the original 377 from the VTB pack from 2012. Same awful model, same awful passenger view...

I'm glad to hear the livery pack is included.
    Yep. Three if you include London to Faversham.
    Definitely. I own much of the route already, so I don't know why I should be paying full price again.

31. ArTrailfanRaf214

ArTrailfanRaf214 Member

lol im always redirected here when i go to b&o retro pack discussion.
    Edit: the article got deleted.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  32. Wivenswold

Do we think we could see a release later this week?
    I'm looking forward to this. I have much of the route but I am happy to buy a deluxe, updated version with Blackfriars, Dover and the North Coast route added.

Just remember though DTG, us cockneys want a "beano" to Shoeburyness next!

33. ArTrailfanRaf214

ArTrailfanRaf214 Member

maybe, cuz i mostly see dtg releasing their dlcs at thursday or friday

34. jumbs10

jumbs10 New Member

It would be nice if this was a new route instead of an extension of an existing route. It's a bit of a con to expect people who have paid for the route previously to full price for the extension. Why can't you do the same as just trains and do an extension add-on which is slightly cheaper for those who have already paid for the previous route

35. AirbourneAlex

In past cases DTG have given discounts to those who already own previous versions of a route. This was the case with the Portsmouth Direct Line and Medway Valley Line I believe.

36. Doomotron

And of course in this case it's full price...

37. Wivenswold

Those choosing not to buy the new Chatham Line route might be delighted to know that their existing routes got a free update.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

What kind of update?

39. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Most of the trees were replaced (as in the asset), platform textures changed, road textures changed but that's pretty much it, the original route itself wasn't actually touched, only the assets.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  40. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I have the original route but it seems the recent Train Simulator update caused me to lose my original progress on the Chatham Main line. All of the career scenarios that I completed now show up as if I did not complete them at all. Is this a bug? How can this issue be resolved?

41. Doomotron

Likely the updates to the original route invalidated the Career scenarios (a game function to prevent cheating). If so, nothing can be done as the game as working as intended.

42. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

It must be something that affects only some, unfortunately - I had a look and for me at least, all scenarios are identified completed as before.

43. brummie

brummie Active Member

Ditto here too. I was playing route today and all mine are still there too, shown as complete.