Chatham Main Line Extension

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by johnmcglade30, Dec 10, 2021.

1. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Can we have Chatham main line extension on train Sim World 2 and can we have a extension down to to Margate Ramsgate because it's not fair are if train simulator gets it and all the other people like myself on train Sim World 2 2 we do not so not fair if one gets it everybody has to have it everybody on trains and more to we are sick and tired of everyone on train simulator rubbing it in a faces we want everyone to be fair one who is on change them later it has to be available on train Sim World 2 I'm now want everyone to be treated fairly

• Like Like x 4
  2. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

This should be in the suggestions thread. Also, the teams that work on the routes are different, there's a set of teams that work on TS and TSW2 respectively. One route being in one game doesn't necessarily mean it will appear in the other in a matter of weeks, months or years. Everybody has different tastes, there's no point in adding one extension/route if there's no demand for it, it doesn't matter whether it's fair or not because if it were a matter of fairness the only thing DTG would be doing is rehashing older routes from TS for years to come

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s just not fair… but I do have a solution…

The fairness of something being on Train Simulator and not being on TSW can be evened up by getting hold of Train Simulator to go alongside TSW. DTG has provided everyone with a fair and equal chance to get Train Simulator. All you need is a fairly decent PC (available in shops), the Train Simulator game (available on Steam and through other outlets), and then get whatever DLC that you want from the vast amount there is available (also on Steam and other places). DTG can’t be any fairer than releasing it on the open marketplace with no restrictions as far as I know on who can buy it. Just buy what is required and you can have it. Fairness restored.

If that doesn’t work, stamp your foot harder.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, Train Simulator currently has 648 dlc's, of which at least half are full routes. It would need a fairly large miracle to clone those routes into TSW and it's simply not going to happen. So it will have to remain " not fair " I'm afraid. Of course, if it's just the Chatham route you want, put it into the Suggestion forum and good luck with that.
    Having both games myself, I'm in the peculiar position of rubbing it in my own face every day. Not a pleasant experience I can tell you. But if that's what you want, follow the above advice and move to PC.

• Like Like x 2
  5. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Also let's not forget something that TSW2 that TS hasn't got, The ability to run services all day if you wish, We can get out of the train at one station, Spend an hour on the station watching other services and then choose to ride as a passenger or drive another train and do that all day. That's pretty awesome. I'd choose that over the limitations of TS all day long.

• Like Like x 2
  6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

A) Put it in the suggestions sub forum
    B) Try to make that paragraph make sense by using full stops
    C) When you do post it in the suggestions forum, make it detailed

• Like Like x 2
  7. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Are you five years old?

• Like Like x 9
  8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yes it would be nice to have the Chatham Mainline like Train Sim, not please Its not fair that TS has it.... life isnt fair at all. But hey ho thats what we get thrown just get on and deal with it the best we can.

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  9. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

What? Really? I was having a coffee and pastries and almost choked :o
    Sorry to divert the thread topic but I was very surprised by that figure. I started with TSW and I didn't know this because I'm not familiar with TS.
    So how much money has anyone who has the whole collection spent? :o
    And of all this DLC do you know approximately how many are from DTG and how many from third parties?

10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If anyone is crazy enough to have every dlc.........Well, let's just say it's a whole lot of moola.
    And there are a lot of 3rd party products, maybe a third of the total, I'm just guessing now.

And that total doesn't include the hundreds of dlc in the Steam Workshop and various websites such as UKTS and Railworks America.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the use of punctuation there, really brought everything together.

However, in my typical fashion, I'm going to dissect this post, for you - and everyones - convenience, because I have nothing better to do at 23:50 on a Saturday.

Suggestions forum. And, I'm going to stop you right there. Extensions ain't happening.

would be decent to see - but it would be a seperate route.

10/10 grammar right there.

Quick summary: "It's just not fair! :("
    Quick Reply: Train Simulator and Train Sim World are seperate games with different teams. If the CML came to TSW on PC, but not on Xbox/PS, you'd have a point.

Again, seperate game, seperate DLCs.

Everyone does have it...

...if they play Train Simulator. :)

(Also, it's not like they get it for free, they still have to buy it anyone, so the only people who get it are TS players who buy the DLC)

I presume this translates as "Everybody on Train Sim World 2"?

Please link us one post that has a TS Player coming into the TSW Community gloating about having the full CML. I'll wait.

You could get a pc and get train simulator if it's such a problem. It's fair - because it's a seperate game.

It doesn't "has to be" available on TSW2 - it could be, but it doesn't have to be.

Dovetail fan pretty much make what they want*, when they want*, for whatever game they want.

*subject to licensing, and business factors.

If dovetail make the Chatham Mainline for TS - that's fair. They have no obligation at all to make that in Train Sim World. It's a totally seperate piece of content, it's a totally different brand, actually, and the only connections between them are: Dovetail, Trains, and some routes that are on both. End of.

• Like Like x 12
  12. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I have to say I did buy two different versions, over the years, for a PC and Laptop, but unfortunately I ended up that they would not work due to the wrong graphics shader chip set, also other issues, so I gave up.

I like it on my PS4 console (Bar the current raft of bugs) fire it up and I am away. Not the constant issue of downloading new drivers, to get it to work. It was endless. The other reason I personally only play games on a console most of the time. But each to their own

Punctuation does help us all, in reading a post. Please do your best. Though do they teach English properly at schools anymore. Used to be a Core subject, like Maths.

I might like to see Kings Cross as a route, there is not a lot for my side of London, than extensions to a route, though get the point for others.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Sorry to be pedantic but if that’s a question, shouldn’t it have a question mark at the end? ;)

• Like Like x 4
  14. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

:);):D I was checking that people were reading it! To see if anyone noticed my "Deliberate" mistake :o;):love:

• Like Like x 2
  15. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

You don't forgive huh, hahahaha.

In any case, at SEHS I would at least like to be able to run the trains between St Pancras and Ebbsflet Intl. apparently it was planned to be able to do this, but canceled midway.

16. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

First of all Merry Christmas & a Happy new year to everyone in the TSW2 Community & to all at DTG.

Yes i fully agree South East High Speed was very Disappointing when it was released in February 2021

17. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

‘All you need is a pc’
    I’m guessing , my friend , that many people cannot afford a pc

18. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

No need to guess, lots of people can’t afford a decent pc

19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s right. I can’t justify or really afford a good spec PC so I don’t currently have access to TS myself. However, I am not demanding that DTG bring all of their TS routes to TSW because I don’t have the money for TS either. Many people can’t afford a console or the prices of the DLC for TSW so they get no train simulator at all. That’s not DTG’s fault either. Train simulators are a luxury not an essential part of life, so no point writing to your MP about it either. Life is unfair sometimes.

• Like Like x 3