Community Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Guides' started by DTG Natster, Aug 11, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Really? Which service/scenario? You always start in your cab with services, and do normally start in your cab with most scenarios although the occasional one starts outside the cab but nearby. If you can tell me what the service is I'll give it a crack. If its like that it should be reported by a Service Desk ticket.

Paul

2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Bakerloo Route Learning video:

For anybody has difficulties with speeds or wants to learn a "no Hud experience", i can recommend following videos on youtube. They are used to train real drivers.

Following tutorials you can find in the channel.

1. Elephant & Castle to Harrow & Wealdstone full lenght in 4 parts - incl. Explanation.

2. Harrow & Wealdstone to Elephant Castle full route incl. explanations.

3. Elephant Castle Shunting movements
    4. London Road Depot movements
    5. Lamberth North shunting movement
    6. Piccadilly circus and paddington crossover movement
    7. Queens Park shunting and shed movement
    8. Willesden junction shunting movements
    9. Stonebridge Park Depot shunting movement
    10. Harrow & Wealdstone movement procedures

This helped me a lot to create my own speed chart. I can even hold timetables now. And with "No HUD", its just the ultimate experience.

Good luck

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. dudleybrooke

dudleybrooke Member

The route is in the BR363 DBB on the timetable menu, starts at 09:16. It consistently starts in the same place. I have tried a couple of other timed journeys and they seem to be fine, all commencing in the cab.

4. paul.pavlinovich

Confirmed, on this service I spawn at Radebeul West. This is a bug.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. dudleybrooke

dudleybrooke Member

Thanks for confirming that, I am a newbie at TSW (old hand at Train Sim Classic) really, and didn't know if it was me or what. I signed up to your Youtube channel, it's very good - I have to confess I almost enjoy watching other players as much as playing myself. Anyway, I recommend it to others here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. paul.pavlinovich

Thanks for subscribing :). Watching others is surprisingly cathartic although sometimes you feel like throwing things at the screen lol!! I had this particular issue happen to me live on stream today and another variant where I spawned next to my train just as an AI player drove it away. Well, I'm only assuming it was my train - it was what I picked from service mode!

7. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

How do you enable selected speed on the TGV? I've been trying to find out how to activate it and I'm still clueless. I've found the dial but turning it doesn't seem to do anything.

On a related note, are you able to drive with AFB on the 766.2 on Riesa Dresden? I can't find any sort of switch to enable it.

8. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

There’s no AFB for the control cars but on the locomotives yes and for the TGV to enabled the selected speed it’s the selector on the right of the combined power throttle:

05CE158F-4FBA-4600-8918-4EA33F5F7DDD.jpeg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. paul.pavlinovich

For the 766.2 there is no AFB - in the cab, the blanking plate is where the AFB lever would be if it had it.
    upload_2021-9-13_17-44-47.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

I've made a little guide for mod installations;

11. paul.pavlinovich

Nice video LWDAdnane but why don't you use TSW2 Mod Manager - makes everything so much easier! If you're curious watch this and you'll see how it works :)

12. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Thank you Paul, I used to use it in its early days, and had a few issues with it, so since then I've always done it this way. You can't really go wrong with this method, although admittedly it is a touch more complicated than using the mod manager tool.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. paul.pavlinovich

Its a touch better these days but you're right that moving the files around will also work.

• Like Like x 1
  15. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a good guide to how the DLC is interwoven? I've seen a spreadsheet about it but couldn't make ant sense out of it. I understand that there are Route and Locomotive DLC. But I understand that with the upcoming DLC there will be trains from other DLC in it if you own that DLC. I think I even bought a DLC route HRR that has trains in the Rush hour Dresden route?

• Like Like x 1
  16. paul.pavlinovich

I think I have seen something like that posted here someplace but I've not had any luck finding it.

17. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I am not sure I’d this is what you are after, but there are two spreadsheets about how German routes and DLCs combine. One is from Rudolf :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZEvHQMhiPoWxttGSty197sJxNqjp4H-C/view

This is not yet updated for the Dresden Rush Hour route. It is from his excellent set of TSW2 resources compiled here:

https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator/2-uncategorised/3-trainsim-world-downloads

The other is from breblimator who also provides excellent TSW2 resources for us. It includes the synergies on the Dresden route as well as future DLC on the roadmap:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W5-ueaP4-UmdhZMKpdH0yTADmY4gNyMw_dRNi86G57o/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. antwerpcentral

Yup that is what I'm looking for but made for noobs. I get headaches when I see spreadsheets. I'll have another look at the hollandthinking link. This game is harder to learn than I thought. Now that have the train driving basics, I need to learn to make sense out of the communities way of thinking. Train enthousiasts are a different breed it seems :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. paul.pavlinovich

A different breed. That's for sure. I'm planning out a set of short tutorials designed on understanding trains and managing them for non train people. There's a bit of work to do but they're coming :).

• Like Like x 2
  20. breamberg

breamberg New Member

Hi to all!
    Please advise which Steam edition to buy: Collector’s (Eastcoast, Rhein-Ruhr & Peninsula) or Rush Hour (Boston, Dresden, Brighton)?

21. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Hi welcome to the forums.
    The rush hour edition has the better quality routes in my opinion, also the original steam edition is usually on sale every few weeks.
    It also depends on your interests in railways ie passenger/freight/USA/Europe.
    Mike.

22. breamberg

breamberg New Member

Thanks a lot!
    First interest is British freight, but wish to try everything.
    Looks like I’ll take a Collector’s edition with additional Rush Hour season pass - it’s cheaper than buying routes separately)

23. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

I would also recommend buying tsw2020 for 4 extra routes
    Edit: Now unavailable on any platform

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If you are really into British freight, then the DLC to get - eventually - are Tees Valley Line, and Northern Trans-Pennine with the Heavy Freight Pack. Unfortunately all the extant modern UK routes are very passenger-centric, with a few freight services (always the 66!) tacked on.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  25. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hello Friends, can someone tell me the meaning of all the colors contained in the Route Map, some I assume, others I don't know:

Red: Line / Path
    Blue: Path to be covered;
    Light Blue: Season;
    Purple:
    Orange:

26. breamberg

breamberg New Member

Thank You very much, good idea!

Thanks a lot, I’ll definitely look at these.

27. antwerpcentral

When I overshoot a station, pass a green light and get into reverse to the platform the light will have turned red. I understand that this is because the safety thinks a train has passed. When contacting the signaller I get a notification that my train has gone of path. I always presume that I will need to restart the game but is this correct or will the light eventually turn green?

28. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

No, you will have to restart.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I just have to note that TSW manuals are not really "shelfware" (which is, however, an interesting term) for those who, like myself, have two monitors. I use the second one to display manuals and maintain icons for them on it. What can and should be considered "shelfware" or, perhaps "binderware" are the ptintable documents you also mention. I tried something similar long ago, but they kept sinking to the bottom of my piling system.

30. paul.pavlinovich

The answer is - it depends, if the signal is between you and the station before you reverse its game over man... But if the signal faces you when you've gone back to the station then sometimes as Anthony Pecoraro mentioned it will stay red forever, but often I find the signal clears when I pass back through it. Its worth noting you only need to put one door into the stopping zone to meet the station stop objective. This is totally unprototypical but it works and as long as your lead car doesn't pass the signal to do it then you'll be fine you can just drive on after loading.

LastTrainToClarksville I have two monitors as well, but my second one is usually running OBS, my stream, my stream notes and GoXLR and Elgato software and when I feel like it SmoothTrack for the head tracking so it is a little full for a manual, but hey each to their own. Make sure you respond (if you don't already) that you prefer manuals in the game survey.

Paul

31. antwerpcentral

Why don't they just end the mission when your train goes off path like when you cross a red light?

• Like Like x 1
  32. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

A very good question! Like when I got 'stuck' at a red light the other day between Gatwick Airport and Brighton! :)

33. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It does.

34. antwerpcentral

here it does only do that when you cross a red light. Pretty sure of that because the first time I played this game I remember I waited like forever for the light to go back to green. And every time I overshoot a station at a light I have to restart it myself. No game over or mission failed ever appeared.

35. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This was Anthony Pecoraro's response to a questioner who asked why activities don't end when the player's train leaves the scheduled path. I'd just like to point out what does happen in response to leaving the path. Very simply, all references to the next required destination disappear. The player may not notice this phenomenon for a while, but what's required is simply back-tracking until it becomes possible to return to the required path. More often than not, you have missed changing one or more switches, but setting that right may also involve reversing. If you've been really clever about saving, you may be able to quit the activity and restart it from a save point that precedes your error. This, of course, cannot be done by those who believe that restarting an activity from a save point is disastrous.

In any case, I'm completely content that losing the path does not result in being bounced out of an activity and, frankly, I wish that didn't happen as a result of passing a red signal.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. laciemouse

laciemouse New Member

I always play with my community no better way to get tips and running red lights because I was reading chat :-P no but seriously I learned so much because of people explaining things to me!

• Like Like x 1
  37. pterocles#7018

pterocles#7018 Active Member

I had an emergency stop triggered by TPWS along the way from Victoria to Brighton simply because I didn't pay attention, I was watching the scenery around the train.
    But how can I restart the BR 387? Tried many things for a long time......

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  38. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Sometimes for me I put the actual brake into Emergency setting once its come to a stand and then just take the brakes off, Most of the time it releases the brakes once I do that.

• Like Like x 1
  39. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

You can’t do anything with a TPWS brake. You have to wait for it to automatically disengage which usually takes around 60-90 seconds in game. I have had same thing on southeastern high speed route with class 375 and class 395.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

I have noticed, that the camera motion sway in cab view is too big, which makes the ride feel uncomfortable. The reason for this may be, that you can’t feel the actual g-force. But IMO, the driving experience improves, if you reduce sway level to 50%, or put ot off. (However, sway may improve immersion for some players.)

41. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

A Guide for the Rainham - Gravesend Commuter Section on the Southeastern High Speed Route:

42. Daniboi1703

Daniboi1703 New Member

43. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

There are two reasons why I make these pdf timetables.

1. To continue on what DTG where doing in the early days is TSW. During the early days is TSW, DTG did actually make pdf timetables for some of their routes they made, even though it wasn't every route. But after Northern Trans-Pennine, they stopped doing them altogether. I tried downloading some that people had made online, but they where either not that accurate or hadn't been updated when new loco add-ons added new services to a route, so I eventually decided to go ahead and make some myself. This was something I especially took on when the TSW 2020 update came out, which added the ability to view the entire service schedule from the pause menu.

2. To help other people get around each route. This is the most important one for me and why I do these in the first place. You might have these routes that have 200/300/400+ and now even 1000+ services, but how are suppose to navigate each timetable if you don't have a pdf of every service laid out? Especially if your trying to navigate this route on foot. So by having these pdf's, navigating these routes on foot becomes a lot easier as you can spawn into a route at a certain station when a certain train is due or when a major action point is about to happen or you could even use it when driving as you don't just see the times for your service, but the times for other services that might be happening around the same time as yours.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Hey guys! Today I made a tutorial, teaching you guys how to properly brake downhill in the SD70ACe. It is different from braking downhill in a train like the AC4400CW which is why I made this tutorial. I also cover how to stop such a massive train. Hope you guys enjoy it!

V
    ideo link:

• Like Like x 1
  45. paul.pavlinovich

I see from the quote there is a video, but it doesn't show in the forum?
    upload_2021-12-23_16-34-50.png

46. pterocles#7018

pterocles#7018 Active Member

Grat video, thanks!

47. lord everything

lord everything Well-Known Member

Hold down options

48. paul.pavlinovich

I've done some quick tutorials for the equipment from Tharandter Rampe Dresden Chemnitz turning on safety systems and a brief drive. I've kept them all as short as possible.

Tutorial 612

Tutorial 185

Tutorial 143

Tutorial 766.2

Tutorial 363

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  49. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I've decided to make a spreadsheet showing all of the different British routes that British trains/locomotives layer into, it is probably complete (until the next release).

The link is here :)

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  50. paul.pavlinovich

wow - nice one :)

• Like Like x 2