Tpr Route Can No Longer Pass Huddersfield

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VolvoB10M, Dec 11, 2021.

1. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I have been trying to do some timetable runs on the TPR but after reaching Huddersfield down I get stopped every time because of the positioning on 4. I have tried this on multiple loco hauled code 1 passenger scenarios but every time I stop at Huddersfield then I get no response after TRTS is sent, I have now waited excess of 30 minutes and there are services queuing on the down approach but nothing is happening. Why has this started happening?

I have also found the air brake system on the 47 are not working when player driven. I have the switch set to air as the train is fitted air but the pipe pressure will not blow up when the brake is released. What am I supposed to do to get with this as there is little on this route that still works?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2021
  2. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

I might be misunderstanding, but I think I have the solution to the first problem. At 09.06, a class 08 is supposed to couple to 2 carriages standing at Huddersfield platform 4 and take them into the sidings. After it couples to them, it has a yellow station exit signal and should be able to move. The problem is that it's sitting right on top of the mid-platform signal which is on red (the HUD says it's 0 yards away from the signal) and it seems not to know what to do. So it stays there forever and blocks platform 4. When you arrive at Huddersfield heading towards Leeds, your signal never clears because the class 08 still has a yellow and isn't moving anywhere.
    If that's the problem, then when you arrive at Huddersfield move the class 08 forward a couple of yards. Then get back in your train, and the class 08 will finish its shunting and your signal will clear. Alternatively, try driving a later or earlier train. It looks like this issue only occurs if you're in the game world at 09.06 when the class 08 gets stuck.

3. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I think that is the service, I don't know what the TRN is but it leaves MCV at 0848. It was either 0848 or 0948. The only problem would end up being the AP score clearing after leaving the service, although I seem to be unable to get the brake on the 08 to build up in air mode now too.

For the 47, I also asked on YT and someone replied saying I need to switch over the MU valve but I don't know where this is located on a 47, I can only find the air/vac pass/goods switch which is on air/pass when it loads but will not work in either air position. Vac should not work as the tank waggons are air, hence the red hose fittings.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2021
  4. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

It seems the 08 cannot be driven as the air brakes are released but the vac is sticking with the chamber gauge showing 21 but no pipe vac as it is an air scenario. Where is the release for the vac?

5. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Its where the + is pointing behind the chair. Just pull until the vac goes to 0. Dont forget to turn off the exhausters when operating in air condition. Its the selector nearby where you change from air to vacuum & light engine

20211212_121638.jpg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

For the 47, I also asked on YT and someone replied saying I need to switch over the MU valve but I don't know where this is located on a 47, I can only find the air/vac pass/goods switch which is on air/pass when it loads but will not work in either air position. Vac should not work as the tank waggons are air, hence the red hose fittings.[/QUOTE]

What were you hauling at the time - oil train or the vans?

7. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

Thanks for that.
    I am on the air braked tanks. I think they are TEA if I remember right. Is there a Vac release on the 47? I have had someone else respond to the YT comment agreeing it is the MU valve but I don't know where it is.

8. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

Sorry, can't find it. Whenever I start a freight service the settings are air pass by default. The only time I've needed to change anything is when hauling the wooden vans, in which case you switch to vac goods.

9. meridian#2659

The 47 vents the vacum automatic by turning the selector in the game, not sure its an upgrade because its a 47/4, but the release valve is located on the right side console, but its not working.

I know from the cl33 that the vacum is getting vented automaticly.

10. meridian#2659

Here the text of a 47 manual:

Screenshot_20211213-224315_Drive.jpg

So yes unfortunately dtg didnt model this as in other br diesels. But it happens automaticly when switching from air to vac.

Here a tip if you have trouble with air braked trains. Take your time and perform a brake continuity test. Spawn on foot and take over the service 10 mins earlier.

0. Apply straight air brake
    1. Automatic air brake to running. (Dsd isolated) & wait untile train pipe has charged
    2. Master key on
    3. Reverser to engine only
    4. Aws on
    5. Automatc airbrake into release for 1 minute. Wait 3-4 minutes until train pipe pressure has droped.

Activate dsd, set reverser to forward and release the straight air brake. your brake cylinder pressure should fall to 0 now.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021