Dtg Should Extend The Length Of The Upcoming Harlem Line To Southeast.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SgtBreadSt1ck, Dec 2, 2021.

1. SgtBreadSt1ck

SgtBreadSt1ck Active Member

Currently, the plan for the Harlem Line that was announced on the Roadmap back on 10/30/21 is too short. The line runs from Grand Central Terminal to North White Plains. While this is a good plan, I feel as if it is too short and I think I can speak for others when I say that. This section is only 24 miles long. Personally, I think the line should run further north to the terminus of all electric trains at Southeast station. This would make the line have a length of 53.2 Miles, a little more than double the currently planned length. The line from North White Plains to Southeast would also feature around 10 crossings and very scenic views. It also has the potential to have a P32AC-DM DLC, as some trains run from GCT to Wassaic and requires a locomotive that can run on both third rail and diesel. (Note that you would leave the cab on the Wassaic train at Southeast as beyond Southeast is the diesel section to Wassaic.)

What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that you really want the route extended to Southeast. Unfortunately, by spamming this thread in every single forum, you have made me not want Southeast out of spite.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

I think the line should definitely be extended, I’d rather quality over quantity

4. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Matt already address this elsewhere.

5. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

I think the current length is ok, and don't forget TSW2 as aimed at a more casual audience and not all people have the time or want to sit in front of a virtual train cab for 2 hours or more. If DTG does extend the Harlem Line to Southeast then that's ok but not many people will get to enjoy the full route

6. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Don't forget you will get the new M7A&M3A together for the price of the route unlike the M7&M3 where the M3 was sold as a add on,plus if by some miracle we just might get a M7A&M3A that are done a bit better this time.(Yea i know that's asking alot but we can always dream).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  7. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

Even though I don’t care less about this route, I can agree it is short. At least it’s not as short as Isle Of Wight.