Ts 2018 Can't Be Beaten

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TRAINFAN, May 13, 2018.

1. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

I have played both TSW and TS18 , And I can tell that there is no significant difference b/w both. the only thing TS18 is lagging in that the wheel physics that is absent in TS. Otherwise full marks to TS. TS has lot of positive over TSW. 1) You can free roam to whole world in TS.(2) Lot of third party scenarios available in workshop which makes it lot interesting.(4) Dynamic weather with location based climate change available here which is absent in TSW (3)If wheel physics and multiplaying is added it will be more superior.

• Like Like x 6
  2. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

Don't forget though that TSW is very new while TS1 has been around for many years. I think as soon as the route and scenario building tools are released and 3rd Party Developers can make content for the game, it will become more popular. Plus we are still yet to see Multiplayer come to TSW so that will encourage more people to start playing TSW with their friends (If MP is made right).

I think we need to give TSW more time before judging which one is better because it is obvious at this point that TS1 will still be the favourite.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello there!

Finally someone who agrees that TSxx is still not beaten! Though, I must say, TSW is catching up in big steps. I feel if we get the current, yet overwhelming, bugs fixed and maybe one or two more DLC, TSxx will have a serious contestant. If the 3rd party editor gets implemented, I'm afraid TSxx will be done for...
    I still prefer TSxx, because it has more variety and better-simulated train performance. I don't really care that much about the looks, I am most interested about the functionality, which TSW unfortunately lacks.

So thumbsup to you, finally someone who agrees :D

ProfCreeptonius
    PS: I'm in no way saying that TSW is bad or making any big statement, I'm just giving you my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  4. LoganTMT

LoganTMT Active Member

Dovetail games has failed, admit it, Searchlight Simulations and RRMods have made a change in realism in railway simulation more than Dovetail can do themselves, I'm sorry, but I don't want to see Multiplayer until they get the physics right and allow third party developers such as myself to build our own content for it and build our own routes and worlds. the multiplayer isn't as important as getting the whole structure of physics and sound scripting needs a lot of work still and it took them five years to get to this poor state of TSW. No, I don't stand for slot car simulation, I want real power and realism!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Then go make your own game engine and do your thing. If you're a developer then this is within your remit

6. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

I absolutely do not oppose the absence of third party capability for content creation in TSW. DTG can have sole propriety in TS1 also for its content creation too.What I am suggesting to DTG is that Why not put all out effort in similar modification in TS1 area like wheel physics and external servers for scenario control in TS1. DTG can charge for such updates/addons and it can prohibit third party using it.In this way DTG also get benefitted and its resources can be utilised judicially . And the efforts made over the years in developing TS1 which has flourished as such an entertaining game will not go in vain and ultimately train lovers will gain. From railfan for railfan.

7. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

Port TS1 to 64 bit and make give it real multicore support and i’ll be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Praising with faint damns?