New To Train Sim World And Have Lots Of Questions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mukesogel, Dec 13, 2021.

1. mukesogel

mukesogel New Member

I am new to the whole train sim game... I have played though the "tutorial" and tried to do the first mission morning delivery... but not sure what to do I can get my train to move but I keep messing up some how... so my questions are 1. Is there a wa https://xender.vip/y to cruise control the tain instead of having to push a and d all the time? 2. Can I set up a route before I start moving to get to where I need to go? 3. Any other tips or tricks would be highly appreciated thank you all so much! https://nox.tips/

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Some trains have a cruise control or similar. Not all of them. You tend to find it on some of the German trains and one or two of the Uk ones. Unfortunately like most vehicles you need to control an accelerator to move it.

American freight do not, I'm not sure so much on American passenger as I don't use loads.

in terms of setting route up, if you mean setting time and weather you need service mode, if you mean choosing where you start and stop you need to use scenario planner. The game is based on real time tables so you cannot change stopping locations in service mode.

Biggest hint and tip.

TIP- make sure you run a tutorial with every train, they all have nuances

HINT- search bar on forum you'll solve most things. For newbies most questions have been answered, for more experienced operations of trains, most things have been discussed here.

Finally, stick with it and when you dabble in running a route with no HUD and safety systems on it opens it up again.
    Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In real life it does (on more modern locos), but the game doesn't model it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

guide_gp38-2-spg_2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The optionals should include 6a1 Ditch Lights and 6a2 Number Plate Lights