Suggestion: Tsw Rewards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tardisgaming07, Dec 13, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

81.8%
  2. Bin off Heathrow and Boston Sprinter Extensions

9.1%
  3. Why do we need another Class 40?

9.1%
  4. Lot's of people have already created it using the Livery Designer

9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

If you've played the original Train Simulator since 2015, you will probably be well aware of the TS Rewards scheme from the launch of the game. For people who don't know, TS Rewards was a scheme for the first 6 months of TS2016, where players who signed up to the scheme received a free piece of DLC, the only ones I remember being the Pump Trolley and a Double Chimney Castle. A list of what I believe could be part of a TSW Rewards scheme is included below.

Month 1: Class 40 Split Headcode variant[​IMG]

Starting things off, the only Class 40 front variant not included with the Heavy Freight pack, the Split Headcode. 20 of the fleet were fitted with this type of front, these being D325-D344 or 40125-40144. Only one of these survives today, that being 40135 which is currently based at the East Lancashire Railway

Month 2: Dresden Airport branch extension for Riesa - Dresden
    [​IMG]

Whilst this isn't my area of expertise, I believe that this branch was meant to be included on the Riesa - Dresden Rush Hour route but was removed due to time constraints. Something such as TSW Rewards would be the ideal time to release this extension, as it isn't that long of a branch off the existing route.

Month 3: Boston South to Boston Landing[​IMG]

Having opened as recently as 2018, this short 5 mile extension of the Boston Sprinter route would provide an extra option for driving trains, as well as being a passenger commuting into Central Boston via the train. Due to my lack of knowledge for foreign railways, I'm not sure if any new stock would be required to operate this service.

Month 4: Class 377/1 with new front + 377111 'NHS'[​IMG]

Whilst I'm aware not every member of this subclass has the same light clusters, including these in the BML timetable would add just a little bit more variety to what you can see.

Month 5: Class 387/1 in Heathrow Express livery + Extension to Heathrow Airport[​IMG]

The short 2 mile extension to Heathrow Airport, alongside a Class 387, would add just a little bit of busyness into the current GWE timetable, which would be most welcome.

Month 6: DB BR 101 Special Liveries[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The penultimate part of the TSW rewards scheme, a few of these liveries have been suggested on these forums before, with this pack bundling together 3 liveries carried by the class.

Month 7: CSX Vintage Livery Pack
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Once again, I am aware some of these liveries have been released as mods by people, but these mods are only available for PC users and not console ones, which seems very unfair for the people using TSW2 on consoles. 4 liveries would be included with this pack as shown above.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

TS rewards didn't work. Everything offered was given away for free later on regardless whether or not you signed up, instead being bundled with the core game or route DLCs they were for.

Having content exclusive to certain players isn't fair on those who either don't want to sign up for anything or simply don't know of its existence. You might as well provide this content for free as part of core updates.

The Heathrow branch is highly unlikely to happen, especially with a Class 387 as the whole route would need modernising. Route extensions alone are extremely unlikely to happen, Heathrow can't be licensed (apparently), and if would probably take too much development time to justify it being a free upgrade. Same probably goes for the airport branch on Riesa Dresden.

The best thing DTG could do which is similar to your idea would be to update DLCs with smaller changes such as extra liveries. I think this would be a good gesture to the community if it doesn't take much to produce, for instance a free update to the Class 313 to add the BR Blue livery on 313201.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. viacheslavshama2008

viacheslavshama2008 Member

I'd say the idea is great, but as mentioned above just as something small but nice in free updates. Some things mentioned here would really be fun, as DTG proved that there is tech for special liveries with SEHS. Having a BR Blue 313201, different liveries on DB 101 and heritage CSX liveries would really be nice. Though insted of last one I'd rather take a Chessie System livery, it's just amazing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

It‘s a system for decals added to liveries, not liveries. That‘s the reason why the special ACS-64 will not be using this tech as it‘s a completely new livery instead of a decal (like a rainbow in the case of SEHS) added on top of the usual livery.

• Like Like x 1