Problem With Tsw2: Rush Hour On Ps5

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LukeMike88, Dec 8, 2021.

1. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

Hello, I have purchased TSW2: Rush Hour Deluxe Edition. I have a problem with launching the game on PS5, I downloaded the ps4 and ps5 versions with add-ons, after selecting the PS5 version, it shows me to insert the ps4 version, this version is in the drive. What is going on?

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

3. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

I read but nothing on the rush hour version

I have a lot of games that were upgraded to ps5 and never had such problems

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  4. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

Maybe this post is not specially for the Rush Hour version, you should try nevertheless, because I don't think we can help you with this problem.
    If it still doesn't work, I would suggest you write an e-mail to DTG, describing your problem in all detail.

5. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

or maybe it is this version of the PS5 only turns on with the PS4 icon? how to check it in the game? I saw in the options the possibility of changing 4K or HD textures and I have 4K set

6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The PS4 and PS5 versions are 2 separate games and have 2 separate icons on the main menu screen of the PS5. You should be seeing 2 icons, not one (unless you haven't updated the PS5 software or haven't installed the PS5 version). If you're only seeing one icon and having to select it to change versions, you haven't updated the PS5 software.
    The only way the PS5 version of the game should be asking for the PS4 disc is if you upgraded your PS4 disc version to the PS5 digital version (same as other PS4-PS5 disc upgrades work).

7. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

You don't understand me, I have the PS4 and PS5 version on the console screen, I turn on the PS4 version and it works, I turn on the PS5 version it asks for a PS4 version disc and this disc is in the console ... this is not my 1st game for this console but the first one such problems ...

ALL DLC from Rush Hour and Update is install on console...

you don't want to tell me that I need to buy an additional PS5 upgrade to the boxed version?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  8. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Right, ok then.
    Not sure why it's doing that but it sounds like the disc product code doesn't match the product upgrade code to enable the free upgrade.

My suggestion is as follows.
    Delete the PS5 version of the game from the system storage.
    Keep the PS4 disc in the drive.
    The go into the PlayStation store and search for TSW2.
    Find the PS5 version and select it.
    One of the versions should be marked as free (most likely the standard version) if it recognises the TSW2 PS4 disc.
    Once that has been downloaded, any extra content you have purchased should be available, including the 3 Rush Hour routes.

If all this fails and it still doesn't work, you'll need to contact DTG support and submit a support ticket giving full details of which disc version of TSW2 you own for the PS4 and which DLC items you have purchased.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

ok but there is no other option to update to the PS5 version than downloading from the store, so I've already done twice and it won't turn on further. Or maybe there is some bug and the version marked PS4 is the PS5 after all? because in the options I have a choice of HD and 4K texture settings, how to check which version is running? Or maybe some of the add-ons block this version of PS5?

10. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

On the PS5 version it's all 4K HD unless you haven't turned on that option in the ps5 settings menus.
    This should not stop the game from launching.
    The version marked PS4 can run on the PS5 in backward compatibility mode but it is not a native PS5 game. Only the one marked PS5 is the native PS5 version specifically designed to run on PS5.
    Also, DLCs should not block the game from running if you own them on the PS4 version.

The only thing I can suggest now is to contact DTG through the support page I linked to in my previous post.
    When you submit your ticket, try to include photos of the error messages you are getting as well as your PS4 disc and case.

11. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

I already sent it yesterday but nobody has written back ...

12. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

If you see that choice, you're running the PS4 version. The PS5 version doesn't let you choose.

13. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

I don't know what to do, it's the first time I have a problem with a PS5 game and it's 100% a problem with the game and not with the console

14. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Give customer service some time to get back to you. There are possibly some investigations into possible causes for your issue going on. Disc versions of TSW have always been problematic ever since TSW2 was released.

Did you try this?

Other than that, you could try restoring the licenses in the PS5 settings (can't remember where - probably somewhere in the network section). That can sometimes resolve issues with access to content. Your best bet is to wait for customer support though.

15. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

no it's not a console problem, only this game, 99% on ps5 are currently upgraded games from ps4 to ps5. The way you pasted it doesn't work.

16. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

maybe I will try it again, just write me how to install it, am I right? :
    1. PS4 version clean
    2. All add-ons that are in Rush Hour version
    3. PS5 version

17. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

“You should be seeing 2 icons, not one (unless you haven't updated the PS5 software or haven't installed the PS5 version)”

Luke , is your console software up to date ? Not the tsw2 software. You have only been talking about the game.

18. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

Yes, I wrote only about the game because 200% of it is a problem with the game, I wrote that this is not my first game with the update from ps4 to ps5 but the first with such problems.

I have everything the latest and there is no conversation about it at all, because it makes no sense.

I tried in order:

PS4 version> addons> PS5 version
    and its not working. This game is broken. And the idiots at Dovetail don't even write off the 2nd day

Now i tried: PS5 Version > Addons > PS4 Version
    still nothing... its a crap game.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  19. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Its an actual bug for the PS5 and not TSW. It happened a few months ago. Giot fixed and with the last update its been doing it again.

Hentis

20. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

What is "GIOT" ?

21. antony.henley

A spelling mistake. Humble apologies that my spelling is not perfect.

Hentis

22. antony.henley

23. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

but take it easy, I'm angry because I bought the game and I can't play normally ... so what, wait for the ps5 patch and now play the ps4 version ?? Are they writing somewhere about working on it?

24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Customer support may not have even got round to reading your report yet. You are not the only person they get reports from. Give them a chance as they may be the only ones who can help.

25. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

but something is known about this bug on ps5? someone else had that or am I the only one in the world? Wait for the patch and now play the ps4 version?

if in Dovetail they know about it and work and I have to wait for a patch this year, it's okay, but if nobody knows anything, I want to give this game back

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  26. antony.henley

I dont think its a DTG problem its a Sony bug.

Hentis

27. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

This is not a problem with Sony because there are a lot of other games and as far as I know there are no such problems that the game does not turn on at all.

that is, it is best to give the game back because in the ps4 version it looks tragic with reading textures ...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. LukeMike88

LukeMike88 New Member

Removed by DTG Natster - Inappropriate language.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2021
  29. antony.henley

and you think they are going to reply with your current attitude?
    Have you submitted a support ticket (not sure if you said you had)?

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  30. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

LukeMike88 Your frustration is understandable, however you language is not.

Please can you send me a direct message with your support ticket number and I will investigate why you haven't received a response yet.

• Like Like x 1
  31. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

I love how this has been removed for being inappropriate but the quoted post by Hentis clearly shows the original content. To be fair Nat it could have been a whole lot worse! :D