PC Sn Class 313 ~ 'double Trouble' Signal Glitch.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TrainspotterFromTauranga, Oct 30, 2021.

1. TrainspotterFromTauranga

TrainspotterFromTauranga Active Member

Whilst playing the 'Double Trouble' scenario, I noticed a game-breaking bug just after leaving Lewes. This was after uncoupling the two units, and the first one soon cleared off and was meant to be going to Eastbourne. I leave the station in the other 313, only to find the first unit glitched and stopped at the start of the Seaford branch instead of going off towards Glynde and eventually Eastbourne.

Everything was going fine up until this moment. Was this scenario even tested properly before it got released, or am I just unlucky yet again?

(It should go without saying that this bug makes it impossible to complete the scenario; a massive disappointment). 20211031081720_1.jpg

2. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I did this one without any issues, you didn't do a save and resume hopefully.

3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

bug scenario

4. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

What Platform are you using? I done it on my Xbox xeries S and it worked fine. I know Megasim done it and it bugged like this and I think he was on PC

5. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

it worked ok on my PS 5

6. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I did it first try, no problems (PC).

7. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

you no safety system switched on?

8. sequencer2k16

Before I left the first cab I turned off the safety systems, then uncoupled the first train and finally re-enabled them in my new cab.
    The AI can not be trusted with active safety systems. :D

9. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Same issue here, was running with AWS/DSD on if that makes a difference.

I noticed that it was sitting at the red light just before the Seaford branch for a short while too (despite there not seeming to be any oncoming traffic), so wondering if there's a scheduler/pathfinding issue. Once it gets the green it then starts to enter the Seaford branch and then trips out on TPWS (can see this if you Cam8 in to the front cab).

I'll try it tonight without AWS/DSD and see if that makes a difference

10. sequencer2k16

AWS has no problems and the DSD bug is known and will be fixed, just turn off the safety systems in the first unit when you leave it. Otherwise, as in your case, the AI simply stops after passing LW15. I have tried it many times, the AI can not handle active safety systems.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  11. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Just come across this myself because I "foolishly" left the safety systems on.

Had a nosey at the stopped unit and saw that tpws had tripped. Switched it off tried to drive it but I was not authorised so I disabled the break and returned to my train.

Then just for fun I asked the dispatcher to pass the signal and it let me! I gave the front train a good shove and we couppled up. Can't control the speed but we're currently coasting down towards Seaford! I'm very behind schedual but I'll finish this senario, DTG bugs be damned!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  12. westbromrangers70

westbromrangers70 Member

I’m having the same problem,how do you switch the safety system off?

13. NQuarter

NQuarter Member

If you don't know how to switch them off, then you haven't switched them on as they start automatically disabled, but it's Ctrl+Num Enter, and Shift+Num Enter if you wanted to play around with it.

14. westbromrangers70

westbromrangers70 Member

Sorry I should of said I’m on PS4,don’t think you get the same in depth introduction on PS4 as I presume you do on pc,seems like a lot of people on pc know a lot more.

15. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

This only happened to me when I had enabled the AWS/TPWS isolation switch when driving out of Brighton and then not bothered to disabling before uncoupling the carriages. If you didn't enable this I'm a bit confused how you're seeing this problem.

Can you investigate the stopped train ahead and see what state it's in? When I did it you could hear the TWPS Alarm as soon as I climbed into the cab.

16. NQuarter

NQuarter Member

Nah we get the same introductions. There is nothing in them about the Safety Systems, I only found out through a Comment on my Channel. Tried Googling your Commands, but couldn't come across any, however while in a Scenario or Service, if you press Pause, and go to "Control Guide" Option, you should find your button assignments for "Signalling System" and "Warning Devices"

17. NQuarter

NQuarter Member

I don't think it has to just do with the Safety Systems as people always claim, and I believe there are other factors. I've tried this Scenario several times [haven't since it was released though], I always play with the Safety Systems, and I have never had to disable them in the 313 due to these errors.

What I found though to be my problem was, as I don't play with the HUD as well, I don't see the "order of my objectives", and even though I knew what I had to do, when I did them in a different order, this problem with the AI departing would occur, however some tests that I've done with doing the objectives in the correct order it wants them done, it tended to work fine [and this was with leaving the Safety Systems activated in the AI].

18. westbromrangers70

westbromrangers70 Member

Ok thanks,I shall have a look later,thanks for the help

19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Or you can do it manually; the switches are on a panel just outside the driving cab door (you have to stand up to reach it)