Creator's Club: What's The Point?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tardisgaming07, Dec 14, 2021.

?

Will you sign up to Creator's club

This poll will close on Sep 8, 2024 at 8:57 PM.
  1. Yes

16.6%
  2. No

36.1%
  3. If real world liveries are eventually allowed, yes.

45.6%
  4. If it's free

8.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure whether this thread should go in here or Creation Centre, so it's here for now.

Is anyone else really annoyed by the announcement of Creator's Club. Yes, it's good that we're allowed to share liveries, but all the liveries having to be fictional really puts me off this and I'm almost certain that I'm not the only one who thinks this. Most of the people using Livery Designer use it to create liveries and not being able to share them is extremely disappointing, although I do wonder whether TOC's that no longer exist such as BR and the Sectors are still allowed?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

The thing that I'm put off by is you implicitly have to pay for it. If you're on PC you can do it right now for free.

I might get it if the rest of the stuff I think is worth it, but not specifically for the creator's club thing.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Nope not for me, I don’t do fictional liveries that don’t exist

• Like Like x 9
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Although real liveries can't be used, it might be useful for scenarios as some of those are really well made and it might bring a lot of content for people, who can't be bothered making their own.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Can we have more details about what it is and everything else related to it before we vote

• Like Like x 1
  6. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Console players.

7. Clumsy Pacer

Creator's Club is the much talked about livery and scenario sharing capability. There's a thread in the announcements section talking about what you can and can't upload. It appears it'll come when you get the gameplay add-on announced today.

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

However, it ALSO includes a scenario-sharing function, and that might be worthwhile, since some user scenarios I've tried have been quite good, even given SE's manifest limitations.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I voted option 3, but might also consider it if Scenario sharing works well.

Being on Series X, i have no other mod/sharing options, so i don't want to write it off completely, but the amount of restrictions is very disappointing, if not unexpected.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That‘s my thinking as well. I don‘t have much interest in fictitious liveries, but the scenario sharing might be of interest to me.

• Like Like x 3
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I will try and at least share my real world liveries without any logos and see if they get approved, and unless the price is ridiculous I'd probabily get it just for the BR423 and S-Bahn on SKA alone.

Scenarios should be really fun as well

• Like Like x 3
  12. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I think it is a step in the right direction, people have been complaining about not being able to share and there isn’t the equivalent of a workshop,

• Like Like x 2
  13. solicitr

All right, I get from the stream that licensors demand final approval of DTG's models before they allow them and so on, that modern corporations are very finicky about brand presentation-- but, one would think, the US RR might be less persnickety when it comes to their 'fallen flags;' obviously CSX wasn't very upset that the Clinchfield locos are filthy dirty! So maybe CSX/NS/UP could be cajoled into permitting users to do Southern and Rio Grande and Chessie etc; doesn't affect their current marketing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

Details on it are in the Announcements section of the forum

15. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

This is a Sim, why would I want to drive fictional liveries?

This coupled with the fact that SPG add on is basically a fictional loco I am really starting to get concerned about the direction Train SIM World is heading in.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Having a few fictional things is not a bad thing, I think, as long as done well. For example, this SD40 for SPG might not exsist as of now, but it was a real livery. It wouldn't be more fictional than a Chessie Systems pack that people have been asking for ages.

Also, ficitonal liveries with scenarios could be a fun thing to share around. That being said though, I hope it won't end up being as restrictive as it sounds. Hopefully unbranded livery replicas will be allowed from the get-go, and maybe it might improve further after time. While I also find the current guidlines way too restrictive, the sharing options are still a step in the right direction.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

PC players will still stick with their mods and the livery manager mod is a good one. Console players will have to see if they are allowed to download liveries in similar colour schemes but completely unbranded.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Not interested. Also I think Creator's Club and the core route improvements should be sold separately.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Not even slightly interested. I would also prefer that this be sold separately from gameplay content.

I’m in the position that I want the gameplay but not Creators Club. However it’s not the end of the world. If I think the gameplay is worth the price on it’s own, I’ll buy the pack. Otherwise I won’t.

Seems a strange combination to add gameplay and utilities in the same dlc.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Regarding the decision to make it a paid utilit, I think the biggest mistake here was releasing the original livery editor for free and not thinking about this in the future.

I mean if the full Creator's Club thing would to get released as a standalone pack, with livery editor, scenario editor and sharing, then I say it might be okay. It would be like modding packs for other games, like how The Sims 2 had a paid software where you could make new furniture, for example. Or The Sims 3 had a different paid software to make new cities.

Ideay one would want these for free, but if financially it's not possible to release these for free, then at least do the paid way properly and consistently. Giving the players the chance to make liveries for free, then a whole year later tell them that they need to pay to finally be able to share them, is just ridiculous and a very inpopular move.

• Like Like x 5
  21. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the sharing of scenarios.
    The Steam workshop was one of the great strengths of the original TS.
    Just hope the hardcore authenticity squad don’t ruin it’s potential before it gets started.
    As always wait and see before condemning outright.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm missing a poll option.

I'd be up for it if it were free. Mostly for scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  23. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20211215-090927_Chrome.jpg

Whats the point of the cow, since the milk & meat is available in every store.

Im a bit surprised. To keep it short, pepople asked for a platform to share liveies and scenarios.

This will be the platform

As soon scenario planner 2.0 is out, its possible to share interesting scenarios

Wish people would think a bit ahead, instead of start a complaint thread 2 minutes after the stream ends.

• Like Like x 6
  24. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Please add an “Only if it’s free” category to the poll, then I will vote accordingly.

• Like Like x 4
  25. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I've voted no on the basis of "sign up" to a paywall. If it was a platform to freely share liveries, all for that.

• Like Like x 1
  26. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

A little detail for you with the current guidance posted in the Announcements section of the forums.

We are encouraging those of you who enjoy sharing liveries to start your creations now in preparation for when Creator's Club becomes available, so if you enjoy making fictional liveries, go wild.

As is stands we are giving you the guidance we are most confident with, so that you will be able to share your creations with one another. This is because we don't want to you potentially spend lots of time creating authentic liveries that are licenced to only be told you can't share them.

This project is still very early in it's development, and the licencing team are hard at work trying to ensure you will be able to share licenced liveries with each other. Right at this moment though - that's not confirmed and we can't promise it will change.

We will keep you updated as things develop. However we are unlikely to have any updates for you regarding Creator's Club before the new year.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  27. redrev1917

If the licensing can be sorted out and realistic liveries of current licensed operators can be shared then I'd actually be interested in this.

I mean I'd love to be able to download and share none licensed train operator liveries but can understand why that will never happen from a legal standpoint.

• Like Like x 3
  28. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Yes scenarios will be with fictional liveries.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's all focused on liveries. Any restrictions for scenarios we should be aware of, DTG Natster ?

30. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

It was clear from the first mention of sharing liveries what limitations there would be for a sharing functionality in TSW, DTG have been upfront about licensing issues throughout, and the community still asked for a feature like this in spite of it.

How depressing that now DTG have done what the community asked for, people who have been around long enough to know full well what limitations a livery sharing functionality would have all along, are joining in to complain about it.

Many people do not design any liveries, but would be grateful for a sharing functionality even if accurate liveries cannot be shared, and that is the point. Anyone who thought the point of a sharing functionality was to put up a finger to copyright and IP protections was never paying any attention to anything DTG said about it.

• Like Like x 5
  31. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We haven't been made aware of any restrictions.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Clumsy Pacer

Yes, because scenario planner only lets you use liveries made in livery designer, and not stock liveries that come with the DLC...

• Like Like x 2
  33. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

How are liveries being moderated? Could a livery get through the net with a slightly different name or font?

34. Clumsy Pacer

Presumably they'll have someone or a few people who load it into the game and check it's safe before it gets 'approved' and released onto the platform.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

First of all, with respect DTG are shooting themselves in the proverbial foot by putting what should be core functionality behind a paywall. This can only fragment the community (paying customers) and to be honest it comes across a little as opportunistic money grabbing; many other developers add these kind of tools for free as part of the base game.

So if it *were* free I would definitely download other people’s scenarios and even have a go myself. Not so much interested in fictional liveries though (although granted, some folks might be).

• Like Like x 5
  36. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The fee isn't just to access the creation centre, the alternative liveries and timetables and the 423 on SKA etc are all part of the price. Maybe they might like to think about taking the creation centre out of this pack though and making it a free stand-alone upgrade to be clear about the fact they aren't charging you just so you can download someone else's scenario.

37. redrev1917

I'd like to see a tiered creators centre a free one where we can swap scenarios with each and then for small monthly sub( say about a fiver get access to professionally built scenarios and liveries.

38. solicitr

That's not accurate. I and I think most people here reasonably expected that when a livery-sharing mechanism came out, it would include exchanging those IP's which DTG have already licensed, British Rail, Deutsche Bahn, Union Pacific etc etc.

• Like Like x 5
  39. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  40. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Given the fact that the equivalent " Creator's Club " in TS has always been entirely free of charge, DTG are going to have a hard time explaining why they will charge a fee for the one in TSW, which is probably why they haven't yet offered an explanation.
    The addition of some totally unrelated, albeit potentially attractive services and liveries won't get by the wiser, shrewder members of the community.

• Like Like x 5
  41. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Really disappointed by this. If debranded liveries can be shared then that would be something but as seen in the Livery Designer Creations thread in the Creation Centre, the vast majority of players want to create (and share) real world liveries. If DTG can't or refuse to somehow get around this then for many it will be a big waste of time, at least until Scenario Planner 2.0 comes out and then it should be worth it to share scenarios.

The fact its behind a paywall is not a biggie as DTG have sales all the time (apart from on Xbox) so you will be able to pick it up relatively cheaply if you wait.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I am very interested and excited, especially in sharing my scenarios with console Players too.
    The thing with the forbidden real liverys (logos, i think no one will forbid to publish e.g. a DB Red 185.5) does not bother me very much, and at least on PC there will still be the inofficial sharing option, so you can get and publish your real world liverys.
    I'll definetly sign Up an use it for scenarios and i think its a good step in the right direction.
    It is what it is with the licenses, DTG certainly did not think ,,hey lets prevent real world liverys", i think they arent allowed to give people the possibility to use the logos for what not due to legal reasons, which even an upset forum can't change.
    People have requested sharing abilities for so long, and now they will come for scenarios and, with the boundaries, liverys which ist way better than nothing.

And its way more complicated to create a sharing hub for TSW than for TS, where you just could set up a steam Workshop page. But in TSW you have to include all the consoles too, also the pack comes with new gameplay content, so if it doesnt come for a routes price, i understand the costs.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  43. Clumsy Pacer

I think the fact operators' logos aren't in the livery designer by default should've been quite a big clue ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in how the likes of the Forza developer go about allowing the sharing of user liveries in their games without a "Fictional Only" approach or rule? They have done this for years and there's nothing stopping me from re-creating famous motorsport liveries on vehicles there with sponsorships and branding that aren't already used/licensed in the game and then sharing them in the auction house.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how they will police the content of a livery. Is someone reviewing and approving every single submission? If so, how long will that take?

• Like Like x 1
  46. solicitr

It's entirely possible that Microsoft simply goes ahead and does it, on the basis of "We have lots more money and lots more lawyers than they do."

• Like Like x 3
  47. redrev1917

I think it goes along the lines of do you still want to keep using MS office etc as a business or do you want to take us to court?

I don't think DTG have the same clout tbh

48. Clumsy Pacer

Probably. I'm on other websites where every submission has to be approved by a moderator and it's generally a day or two, depending on how much is being uploaded and if someone's actually on duty at the time. Sometimes it's less than that, even less than an hour if the person in charge has nothing else.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. solicitr

Even our favorite modding sites require staff pre approval

50. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It should be free, it should be "core" and it should be highly moderated

Hopefully scenario planner 2.0 is more like the TS one with bells on rather than the limitation we have now
    Not interested in the paint job sharing at all

• Like Like x 4