Train Sim World 2: Roadmap Update - 14/12/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 14, 2021.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

What a weird comment. I honestly thought this was a joke/parody post at first. Bakerloo line is a nice route because it feels complete. There aren’t dozens of trains missing that could theoretically appear there. Additionally, the marketing effect this route had (and continues to have) on the game is huge. It brought in many players that weren’t previously familiar with train sims, and lots of YouTubers covered TSW2 as a result.
    Also, there are more players outside of Great Britain than you think. DTG staff regularly mention that the player base is roughly evenly split between Great Britain, Germany and North America (which is why we always get routes from these countries as well). Just because most of the locos are red, it doesn’t mean they’re the same.

• Like Like x 9
  2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I like the fact its a complete route. Services actually end at harrow & wealdsstone. Depot runs are also included incl. Crossover at lambeth north.

So even with no real amount of services, there is plenty of variety in services & "shunting movements"

• Like Like x 2
  3. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Agreed, and not all the trains in Germany are red. There is actually more variety than you think. That guy is just one of the sizable amount of british players who complain about there being too many US and German routes, yet the UK has the most routes!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see more variety in liveries and colours of German trains, looking at youtube videos from stations already in-game we can see many different colours, but each one would be a new licence I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It would be nice to get a different operator like MRB, National Express or Go ahead - maybe even one of the operator neutral liveries such as from RRX or bwegt would be nice. But as you say, all of that requires new licenses, whereas the DB one DTG has and they fit pretty much everywhere :D

6. dosto762

We have the SUWEX brand in TS22 so it would be nice to see it come to TSW2, the livery is white so it would add more variety to Germany

• Like Like x 1
  7. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Especially in recent years, there’s been a lot of experimentation with the liveries by Deutsche Bahn. Most of the new trains entering service these days aren’t majorly red. I realize it’s probably a bit more difficult to get licenses and reference material for brand new rolling stock. On the other hand, getting detailed measurements should be easier because these trains are actively being manufactured. Just hope it’s possible to get a train that’s less than a decade old in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

I don't really think a reskin of the Clinchfield SD40 or a reskin of the 1972 Underground stock really count as 'new' trains. Even though the 423 does already exist, I think adding that to Koln-Aachen to replace the less-accurate 422 does make a lot of sense. But does that alone make the 'expansion' pack worth buying? For me, definitely not.

• Like Like x 3
  9. kobo

kobo Active Member

When it comes to the 4 player challenges, is it possible that we can have fans of the game participate too? i heard something like this was possible, but haven't really heard anything beyond it. I'd like to have a run I do be featured in a 4 player challenge. I think I do decently enough at running trains in the game.

10. dosto762

The expansion pack also includes other fixes (possibly PIS, scenery and detailing fixes) not just 3 new locos, I'm not sure if I will buy it though (i'd wait until we get more information)

11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would love to see more variety in terms of locomotives for german content. There are also private rail compaines in Germany from what I've seen so it would be cool if those companies were introduced. I'm not really suprised by his comment about German routes because dtg just keep making routes that bascially have the same train players will already have. I am glad though that finally a new route will come that has a new passenger train and I hope moving foward, new German routes will have new trais because like you said, Germany has variety but dtg has constantly made german routes that have rolling stock already used in the game

• Like Like x 4
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, introducing new German TOCs means more licensing headaches. Whereas vintage German routes can be done with the existing DB license (DBAG owning both the DBB and DR trademarks).

• Like Like x 3
  13. dosto762

It's a problem that DTG prefers to use the same DB license for all German routes. It's going to gradually lower the amounts of people in the German train TSW2 fanbase. I'd love to see RRX in the game but that won't happen anytime soon...

14. dosto762

It's going to keep happening as long as DTG holds the license for DB, It would be the same for the UK as well if one operator ran most of the lines. If lets say Avanti was sold most of the routes in the UK then DTG would be more likely to continue doing Avanti routes rather than making routes where private operators run them. I'd like to see the relaxing single track short Düren- Jülich line. but that probably won't happen as Rurtalbahn (a private operator) runs it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So now dtg is going to try rivet games recycle/relivery scenario/time table add on pack thing and instead of a piece of rolling stock there adding a very limited livery share program...Do they really think people will buy any off the wall dlc they push out.I guess so.

This is a train sim game...This sounds and feels like one of those games that sell alot of costumes/clothing items for your character but in this case for your train...I guess feedback on the Rhb collection looks better then worse to them.I'll be saving my 14.99 for a train not more overpriced paint jobs and scenarios and time tables that may or may not work.(Dtg still has to finish fixing the regular ones frist).

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I asked myself this question too. If the pack is chargeable which I think it will be… but not new routes as such, who knows if they have reserved some for it.

am on the “get it sorted” along with “can we have some sort of update” path, see JD has answered the hot livery questions floating around but I guess trophy and chevo concerns are lower down the list, which is a shame.

17. tallboy7648

Hence why I also believe that dtg should make an historic German route as well. It wouldn't interest me but it would at least give players variety :)

It would be nice to see dtg try to get licenses for private german rail operators. They may not be able to but it would be good that they tried at least

18. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Tysm for the clarification JD, much appreciated

19. tallboy7648

Yes of course but then again DB has a huge variety of trains as well that aren't featured. The DB BR 440, the DB BR 1440, The DB BR 472, DB BR 642, DB BR 147 IC Train and the list goes on and on. If DTG were to make new German routes with new German trains then I feel like it will nullify complaints of getting new german routes with the same train players already have

• Like Like x 2
  20. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

What makes you think that?

21. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Probably what quite a few people are thinking but haven’t actually asked yet;

Why was the decision made to lock the Creators Club behind a payware wall instead of it being freely available, for everyone to access? I can’t help but feel that this will hinder the amount of players utilising these features quite significantly, as they’ll be put off by the charge.

The word ‘creators club’ in itself feels like it’s an exclusive feature. I don’t understand why something which has been made freely available by other players has to go through a paywall to access? This would never happen in TS1 or other simulation games.

Sharing user content should never be restricted by something you have to additionally pay for, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 15
  22. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m not sure you can feasibly add a new train for Bakerloo unless you make it a pre 1930s one. I think it went directly from 1938 stock to 1972, which is still in use today.

• Like Like x 2
  23. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

Is there TSW2 update due today?

24. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

I got Arosa and Sherman Hill update today for Xbox. Haven't seen update notes though...

• Like Like x 1
  25. solicitr

Well, they also have MRCE and, apparently, soon Railpool as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Can someone please give a time ref where they said it's a paywall update for the new sharing system?

***EDIT***
    Found it - 38:35 onwards

• Like Like x 1
  27. dosto762

hopefully it will be a Eurosprinter not another TRAXX loco

28. dosto762

no

29. dosto762

Same rolling stock, no point buying new DLC's and playing the old ones if there is no variety

• Like Like x 1
  30. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

We saw a Railpool Br 185, no Eurosprinter in sight.

• Like Like x 1
  31. dosto762

oh sorry, I meant Vectron

32. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

You could add London Overground services which are run by the class 378 or class 710.
    8075047283_e4d423b880_b.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  33. solicitr

If DTG put out yet another Electrostar there will be riots.....

34. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Matt said on the stream that DTG are not hiding behind their licence policy but imo they are exactly doing this. Companies not as big as MS or EA offer 'Editing', Konami do it in a big way for PES and the Licence for Football are a minefield compared to Trains, I do not buy it myself. So DTG expect us to believe that when they did the licences with these Train companies it was wrote into the agreement that it was against the policy for the public to share liveries of their own creation in a piece of software that didn't even exist then? Wow, forethought eh?

In my opinion the creators of these liveries will get screwed as DTG has made sure they own no rights over their own creations, copyright be damned eh? And then they expect us to share unbranded liveries and pay for the privilege? Bethesda made a 'Creation Club' a few years ago for games like Skyrim and Fallout 4 and it got a lot of backlash as the mods were paid for but Bethesda took a cut so the actual creators got less but saying that at least the creators got something, DTG is making sure you get nowt.

When I first got TSW2 I thought it was supposed to be a 'Sim' of reality? But it seems DTG like to do their 'experiments'. Diesel Legends comes to mind but they were real Loco's at least. Now DTG want to do liveries that do not exist in Reality? I'm sure some will like that and people create their own liveries if they are capable but for DTG to do it? Not for me.

There is a way DTG you can get round the licences if that is your genuine greatest worry, do not release any more branded trains just the routes and a copy of the Loco but release the editing tools so the public can edit the trains themselves like Konami do and have no fear from being sued, or like TS1 eh? Then we will get Trains we want from all over the globe, yes their will be rubbish ones but the good ones will rise to the surface, imo.

• Like Like x 2
  35. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Yes. I suppose but it wouldn’t be very satisfying. It would disappear after Queens Park and it would disappear in the distance after Harrow and Wealdstone. Still, if it works for SEHS (class 375)…..

• Like Like x 2
  36. dhekelian

If only that were totally true. EA make many games and were being sued for many, many reasons not just editing disputes but yes EA get away with a lot especially 'Gambling' in Fifa but my point is smaller companies offer editing tools as well. Konami I'm sure would not want to be sued over copyright if indeed it was an issue and then what about Big Ant? They released a cricket game which had to have licences and so could not 'officially' have as much content as they desired. The fix? A public editor, and it made the game so much more, brilliant.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

To be fair, the 378 (and 376 for the same reason) is very different to other Electrostars...

• Like Like x 5
  38. Lamplight

dhekelian, may I ask what in your opinion is the real reason for DTG not allowing real liveries to be shared? What exactly do they gain?

Sorry to break it to you, but I‘m pretty sure that would either mean the death of TSW or at least a significant drop in the player base. Obviously, I can only speak for myself, but I would not buy any unbranded content. Some time ago, there was poll on the forums asking whether people would be interested in unbranded content and the results showed that the majority of voters were not in favour of unbranded content.

• Like Like x 7
  39. dhekelian

I wonder if you have heard of a game called Train Simulator? So saying you will not buy any unbranded content I take it you are not interested in these new liveries DTG is making?

Of course people won't buy unbranded content if it remains unbranded, what is the point? But if the tools are there to make the unbranded route branded I would buy it like a shot as would and as DTG is releasing the shared liveries on all platforms then the consoles would not lose out. Ask yourself if DTG brought out a Dutch route with a fictional train on it and it was able for the train to modded into a real branded one. Then ask the same question eh? Swap 'Dutch' for anything else. I bet there would be plenty of takers.

You asking my opinion why they won't allow real liveries to be shared? Probably they want control and perhaps don't want to be upstaged? There are some talented people out there. But to me it seems counter productive. The game would see an influx of gamers imo, certainly in the long term and many switching from TS1.

• Like Like x 3
  40. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I have a Question. Does that mean that only Talent2 will get a PIS or will the DB BR 182( + Dostos) also get improved PIS, like the Main-Spessart DB BR 146?

41. Lamplight

All of them are real (and branded) liveries, albeit in fictional scenarios for SPG and BKL. That‘s quite the different thing. To answer your question, the fictitious nature of the pack is not to my liking, but this has nothing to do with branding.

But how would DTG lose something here? Let‘s take the popular case of BNSF. So, a talented member of the community releases a fantastic re-skin of the AC44 into a BNSF livery. Now DTG comes around and announces a new BNSF route (coming with a BNSF AC44). Would a significant number of people now refrain from buying this new BNSF route because they already have the re-skin from the the club? I don‘t see how DTG would benefit from denying real world liveries in any way.
    The fact of the matter is that DTG is heavily reliant on both license agreements and the general goodwill of railroads and license holders. This is relevant not just for branding, but also for access to real life equipment and all kinds of insider information on technical aspects of rolling stock and operating procedures. Whether one agrees on how crucial branding is, is secondary since DTG have declared that they‘re unwilling to do unbranded content. As such, DTG will take whatever measures they deem necessary to uphold the positive relationships they‘ve got and not risk upsetting even one of them.

• Like Like x 5
  42. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Hopefully, they would choose the best route and rolling stock to put into subscription service and will iron all the bugs before they released it. Hopefully, it won't be the same as what we experienced with the rush hour bundle.

43. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I hope they would add more city routes, next year, so far, I feel that we don't have many city routes despite the fact that there is only LIRR and the upcoming Metro-North Route, also the scenery of LIRR currently feel so empty, compare to the real world. I am just hoping they will put more love and make the upcoming Metro-North as authentic as the real route, where you see many cars, and city scape view, with the George Washington bridge, and the Harlem 125th st bridge.

44. solicitr

One hopes DTG would go back to at least the friendliest licensors and ask nicely

45. ethanafro#1375

ethanafro#1375 Active Member

'We are pleased to share that we are working towards an update for the red signal deadlocks which have been appearing more frequently for players across all routes recently.'

How long until we can expect this update. It's literally making a full line run on Brighton Mainline impossible

• Like Like x 1
  46. hoagy

hoagy Member

Logos etc tend to be trademarked. And companies that don't defend their trademarks tend to lose them. It's pretty-much compulsory to defend the brand.

• Like Like x 3
  47. ARuscoe

DTG didn't make TSC, and probably not its editor either. They bought it from another company and developed it from there.
    Also, the PC world is much much different to the console one.

48. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I think this is certainly not the reason. Everyone including DTG knows the uptake would simply drive interest in the game and immediately increase the number of people making content beyond what DTG can afford to do. That would make many more people interested and drive sales of DTG content.

It is something they are clearly scared of doing incase the brands they have agreements with decide they don't want to be involved any more and they end up with zero licences.

• Like Like x 5
  49. ARuscoe

THIS

50. davidus#4217

davidus#4217 Well-Known Member

Don't know if we're allowed to just post general questions in here or not, but I'll ask one and if I'm not supposed to do that then I'll remove this post.

Will TSW2 explore new countries in 2022, and if so will the Netherlands be on the list of countries who might get added in 2022?

• Like Like x 2