PlayStation Ps4 Reviews

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Have copies of the game been sent out for review and is there a date that reviews can be released?

2. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Still no reviews and the game is hours from launch, I always find that a bit concerning

3. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Just look at the PC version's reviews

4. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I’m sure there will be differences in performance etc between PC and console

5. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Yes. But It’ll work if you want to see a review on the core game experience.

6. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I have been watching YouTube videos so have a good idea what to expect gameplay wise,

7. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

With a metacritic score of just 50/100 from four reviews, my worries about no advance reviews seem well founded, I have been burned many times before but I have learned a lesson now, still I will be keeping tabs on the game to see if it improves on PS4 before I buy because I would still like to get this at some point but reviews and posts here in the forum have not been very positive at this time in my opinion

8. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Still only four reviews on metacritic with a score of 50/100, If a game is good devs get it out for review confident of the outcome, devs not confident but want/need the cash take a chance and release knowing preorders and day one players will just pick it up and the money begins to roll in, I have been burnt over the years but never again, it seems like many feel they have been already which is a shame

9. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

I think for a ps4 game it is really good. I also think in comparison to microsoft train simulator ( had many moons ago) again it is very good.
    I really wouldnt know to compare to TSW pc.
    But all said and done i dont feel that I've been burnt at all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I’m genuinely pleased to read that, I have read a lot from players that are unhappy, maybe I will finally get it one day but unfortunately it won’t be now

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

Good for you Samo 1, at least you're honest, you've gotta be sure, after all it's a lot of money.
    I did flight sims years ago, loved it but had a multitude of problems graphically as the demands were so great on the pc i had.
    I must have mellowed in middle age ;)

12. Eric261992

Eric261992 Member

Game developrs all want money, thatsbthe whole point.

13. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Bloody hell, why compare it to MSTS?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

A long time away from sims

15. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Of course it’s about money and I’m sure devs work hard but far too many games are released unfinished thanks to the internet, why the internet? because devs can cash in early and throw a patch out later, more time and effort was put into physical copies of games before downloads that could not be patched so more time and effort was taken in comparison to today’s games which are obviously much larger and complicated to make but can be fixed later without the worry or cost of replacing physical copies

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Samo you make it sound like patching games is a recent concept. It's really not. The term for patch literally comes from the days of ticker-tape, punch-card computing where old code was cut off the tape and new code "patched" in.
    I remember games being patched since back when I got into gaming in the late 80's. It is how the industry is, and pretty much always has been. More so now on console as well, the first patched console game was in 2003.

And by the way, we have indeed been sending out keys to reviewers. Not all of them post their reviews to metacritic.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Good reply TS-Luke, I know ”patching” is not a new thing I’m a gamer from the early 80’s I also know it’s near impossible to release a bug free game but the internet over recent years has made it so much easier and therefore lazier for the industry in general terms (I’m not solely knocking your game or company because many companies do it) to release a game earlier than it should be released to hit deadlines and keep shareholders if any happy. I bet if the devs had another six months the game would have been six months better on release, companies release games knowing they could and should have been better but because it’s easy improving a game these days after release, they release far to early, that in itself is chance taking because if the game disappoints sales will be hit so money might roll in early but less than anticipated.

If there was no easy way of patching games (internet) and every game was still a physical disk that could only be replaced AT COST to the companies by another physical disk with all the headaches that would cause and cost, I’m sure companies would play test and go through quality control a hell of a lot more than they do now, because now they have a easy hassle free way to update games to the quality they should have originally been on the day of release (No Mans Sky released two years early to cash in and it caused outrage but the game now is a different beast) if there was no easy way to correct all the faults, it would never have been released two years ago in my opinion

Ps Players who pay hard earned money are the play testers, they do a free service (after paying) for companies where in the past it was a job BEFORE games were released, the whole industry is lazy and no other industry could get away with what this industry gets away with

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  18. British25stanley

British25stanley New Member

I really love the game I find it very fun but some people have different opinions and a different game style I find people who give this game poor reviews are just either haters or just don't care for driving trains all day for me I really enjoyed the thought of driving trains in England so I give this game 100/100 good job dovetail game

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dylan Baillie

Dylan Baillie New Member

Okay so, this game for me is great. I am more of a flight sim guy but love simulation games and was a little worried I wouldn't like this game but bought it anyway to see. At first, everything was a bit confusing (due to lack of knowledge) I learned the basics of the sim in like 30 minutes with the help of the in-game tutorials. I would highly recommend this game to anyone looking for an authentic train sim. I have been playing this game for between 1-3 hours a day and am still enjoying it.

Just thought you would like to know that I de-railed a train there at the end of the route because I typed this hahah.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DanicaPatrick

DanicaPatrick New Member

Great game, it’s finally on console

21. bleahy

bleahy New Member

I have had most of the train sims. MSTS, Trainz, TANE, Train Sim World on PC.

I like this one because I play it on my PS4 which is hooked up to a big TV.

I love when the scenery is really good especially when it is of someplace I've been like the Newark airport station.

I wish there was a better way of controlling the train than the PS4 controllers which are great for shooting people but not as good for something that should have about 20-30 buttons.

I also wish everything worked all the time. Like if I put the pantograph down I want it to go down!

One final comment. I wish when things wouldn't work it would tell you why. Maybe not 100% realistic but would be very helpful. The other day I got to the end and it said put the reverser in neutral. It wouldn't go. I finally realized I had the throttle up 1 notch.

Anyway, so far so good!

• Like Like x 1
  22. British25stanley

British25stanley New Member

Yes you are right about the buttons they or someone should make a special control for train sim like they have for farming sim Racing sim that would be cool to have a panel like the dashboard of a train

• Like Like x 1