Schnellfahrstrecke Wolfsburg-berlin

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by siljocro, Dec 14, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

92.6%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but shorter

7.4%
  1. siljocro

siljocro Member

In this Thread I would like to suggest the High Speed Route between Wolfsburg and Berlin.
    TSW2 needs a Berlin Route badly, I think the route between Wolfsburg and Berlin would be a perfect fit because it would offer a choice between High Speed and S Bahn services.

This Thread has 3 Sections:
    1. Basic Route Info
    2. Rolling Stock
    3. Conclusion

1. Basic Route Info

The High Speed Route Wolfsburg-Berlin is around 180kms in total, the Route would offer Long Distance Services and Short Distance Services (S Bahn) in Berlin.
    The Route would include following Stations for Long Distance Trains:
    -Wolfsburg Hbf
    -Berlin Spandau
    -Berlin Zoologischer Garten
    -Berlin Hbf
    -Berlin Ostbahnhof
    +
    -Berlin Spandau
    -Berlin Hbf Tief
    -Berlin Gesundbrunnen
    Stations for the Berlin S-Bahn:
    -Spandau
    -Stresow
    -Pichelsberg
    -Olympiastadion
    -Heerstraße
    -Messe Süd
    -Westkreuz
    -Charlottenburg
    -Savignyplatz
    -Zoologischer Garten
    -Tiergarten
    -Bellevue
    -Hauptbahnhof
    -Friedrichstraße
    -Hackescher Markt
    -Alexanderplatz
    -Jannowitzbücke
    -Ostbahnhof

upload_2021-12-14_23-18-33.png

The Route would include the S Bahn Lines S3+S9, and ICE Lines heading to Cologne, Düsseldorf, Basel SBB and etc.
    The Maximum Speed on the Line would be 250km/h from Wolfsburg to Berlin Spandau.
    The Route would Include PZB and LZB for the High Speed Trains and the ZBS (in short terms ETCS) for the Berlin S Bahn.
    The drive from Wolfsburg to Berlin would be around 1 hour and for the S Bahn around 40 minutes.
    The route would have beautiful sights like the Berlin TV Tower, Berlin Central Station, Volkswagen Werk and so on.
    upload_2021-12-14_23-16-8.png

2. Rolling Stock
    For the Rolling Stock I would use the BR402 for the High Speed Services and the BR481/482 for the S Bahn Services.

BR402
    The BR402 (ICE2) was built between 1994-1998 and is around 200 meters long. The BR402 would be a perfect fit for the Long Distance Service because it mostly drives on the High Speed Line between Wolfsburg and Berlin. It has a VMax of 280km/h, it has the PZB and the LZB systems installed.
    The Train weighs around 455t and it has an Power Output of around 4,800kW (6,400hp).

[​IMG]

BR481/482
    The BR481/482 was built between 1995-2004 and is the main S-Bahn driving around Berlin today.
    The S Bahn is Powered by a 3rd Rail and is allowed 80km/h. The BR481/482 has its own Signalling System ZBS (in short terms ETCS). The BR481/482 also stands out from the regular S Bahns because of its Yellow-Red Paintjob. The BR481/482 is the perfect fit for the route as it is one of the most modern S Bahns in Berlin.

[​IMG]

3. Conclusion
    Even though the route is a bit longer than usual I think that it would be a perfect route for Berlin as it offers diversity from 280km/h or driving casually through the city. The route also has great sights and is definetly needed as Berlin is still missing from the TSW2 map. If you have any more suggestions feel free to reply.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 15
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent Idea and this route if made will give my suggestion Bochum-Hagen/Dortmund ICE Line 10 services ICE 2 together with RRO.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Too long at 180km, you really need to nominate a section no more than 80 or 90km.

• Like Like x 1
  4. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Likes it for the BR 402! A 401 would be welcome as well; I think DTG made a 401 for TS (though eveidently not with the best quality).

• Like Like x 2
  5. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Are you thinking to include the RB and RE lines between Wolfsburg, Stendal, Rathenow and Berlin? I think they'd add even more variety of services to an already varied route!

• Like Like x 2
  6. siljocro

siljocro Member

Could be included too!

• Like Like x 2
  7. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Might be more appropriate as a layer of some sort, but the timetables should be included!

• Like Like x 2
  8. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Because of ICE 2 it is directly a yes for me

• Like Like x 2
  9. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

But ice line 10 also run on HRR from Düsseldorf via Duisburg, Essen and Bochum

• Like Like x 2
  10. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

That's a great route and would be fun to add on TSW, and if this route would be possible, than cologne Frankfurt would also be no problem for DTG to create, the only thing is, if they wouldn't make a nice scenery than the route would get boring

• Like Like x 2
  11. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Why to long? Berlin Leipzig is also 180 km long and it is a thing in Train Simulator, if they would fix the memory, than it will work for all platforms

• Like Like x 2
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

TSW is not Train Simulator. The only people who can build routes are DTG and their carefully chosen associates. While a 180km route might work in TSW at this stage it is unproven. They also have to balance the amount of personnel hours and other costs versus the likely income. The former likely to be twice that of average current length TSW route but won’t necessarily make more money.

Believe me I would love to see longer routes in TSW, loads of UK prototypes begging to be done including many that were in classic TS. However you have to accept its not happening any time soon and temper requests in this section to reflect that simple realism.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sakul1212

Sakul1212 Member

This Route is very nice. With the S-Bahn and ICE Services.

• Like Like x 1