Ts22 - Chatham Main Line Out Now

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 17, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Hello Jamie,

Maybe it's just me. But, I'm not seeing this route on steam at the moment. Hopefully, this isn't posted in error.

Kind regards.

Edit: Nevermind It's there.. just needed to be searched, but it doesn't appear in the catalog like it normally does.

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am not seeing it on Steam either

4. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

It'd there now. I followed the link from the article and it was listed with 10% off.

And a typo in the manual... page 4, routemap listed as "Train Simulator – Riesa to Dresden" ;) Nice! Do I win a prize?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2021
  5. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Is it intended that owners of the original Chatham Main Line route get a discount at all?

6. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

Forgive me for being thick here - because I may have missed something - but you now seem to have two different routes with exactly the same name, ie. "Chatham Main Line"?

Or is the new one an upgrade of the old one?

Or... what?

Please help those of us for whom Kent is a mystical land far away.

7. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

In-Game - it's called "Chatham Main Line - London Victoria to Dover + Ramsgate" Where as the original one is just "Chatham Main Line"

8. rare_common_sense

I’m not one to really complain about pricing these days. But what it is priced for those of us that own other variations of the route, for discount is still quite steep.

• Like Like x 2
  9. rare_common_sense

Also, I may have to have this refunded. The route is taking ages to load and I have not successfully been able to get into the route.

10. rare_common_sense

Refund requested. Not sure what the issue is, and hopefully it isn't an isolated one.

The first attempt at loading the route, waited a good 10 minutes, before closing the game entirely.

The second attempt gave nearly double the time, the route never finished loading in before I got fed up and closed the game.

11. rare_common_sense

Screenshot (15).png Screenshot (16).png
    There is another odd issue to be brought to you guys' attention.

These are both supposedly cabs of the 465/9.
    The one in-game does not at all match the one in the manual. And I could not get the train to move.
    Someone within your team must be out to sabotage this company. And if I'm being honest, not something it needs any more help in.
    What is seriously going on, here?

• Like Like x 1
  12. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Active Member

No download size either on Steam ?

13. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Hopefully the 377/5 is actually correct, unlike the original that had the incorrect livery and interior.

14. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Did you load a quick drive or a scenario - I have a feeling you may have loaded the livery pack 465/9 ? (because that wasn't seen when testing the route? )

15. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

What was the original? The Southeastern 377/1 - that was based on a what-if (at the time it was mentioned Southern were giving their 377/1s to southeastern - but only 2 of them have gone to Southeastern) , so wasn't supposed to represent the 377/5s :) )

The one in the livery pack was added by me - has a southern interior and first class at one end.

16. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

As I say, I am not expert but I can't help thinking that a rather clearer product differentiation might be a good idea, in that case? Especially when both products are on sale in the same place?

Or is Dovetail just going sit back and wait for people to buy the wrong one?

17. rare_common_sense

Okay. My sincere apologies. To my credit, having duplicates of these units in the consist list doesn’t help. The only way to really tell the difference is the quality of the featured photo. The new one actually is a grainier-looking image than the previous one.

I will note that there seems to be an issue loading the route with a 12 car consist in either version of the 465/9. May need to look into it.

18. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

I can't comment on the retail side - it's not my place (I'm just a route builder so that's far beyond me, but playing devil's advocate - the route is the whole Chatham Main Line, so what else can you call it? :) but I do see your point though - but that being said those choices are decided by those higher than myself - I'm a mere grunt in that respect :) ))

On steam it's called (so there are differences)
    Train Simulator: Chatham Main Line - London-Gillingham Route Add-On (the original)
    Train Simulator: Chatham Main Line: London Victoria & Blackfriars - Dover & Ramsgate Route Add-On

I mentioned it the second you posted the above :)

19. jumbs10

jumbs10 New Member

This is actually the third release of this route.

20. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Admittedly it's been a long time since I've played with these trains. I remember there being SE 377s which were all wrong - the ones that were in 'SE' livery were in the full Southeastern livery, which is inaccurate as they're actually still in First Capital Connect purple in real life. I believe it also came with the Southern livery ones, although these were ahead of their time like the Avanti 221s as the SE /1s (which I still don't know why they're at Southeastern) only got SE logos very recently, and long after they were first made for TS. The exact subclasses I don't know. It could actually have been the 377/1 and /3! I think I'll need to investigate.

EDIT - One Investigation Later
    In the London to Gillingham package I found the incorrect 377s. There's a /1 included, but these appeared to be the earlier versions with smaller headlights. Then again, I can't blame them for this as at the time nobody knew which /1s were transferring. For some reason there were also /3s included. Both were in Southern livery and SE livery.

The 377/5 is indeed included in the livery pack. Contrary to my memory it does have the correct livery (albeit maybe a bit too bright, but I'll live) and the right interior (although this is the old interior view).
    Fourth if London-Faversham is included.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Northernboy67

Northernboy67 New Member

I'm wanting to buy this. Steam is saying I own one of these already, and I won't get Gillingham to Victoria Add on. But will I still have the whole route. Everything is clear as Mud. I saw there was a add on to do with the route for £11.99, but I click, and it is some thing different.

22. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

From the way it is set up if you already own the London to Chatham route you don't get another copy of that route.

When I purchased the Cross City Route it told me that I already owned the Class 66 EWS that came with the route and I would not get another copy - I say continue and the route installs.
    The bit on Steam that says "More DLCs for this game" are just other stuff for TS22 not this route.

23. Northernboy67

Northernboy67 New Member

Just Purchased the game. Why can I not set up a quick drive from Victoria to Ramsgate/Dover Priory? Only gives 4 departures

• Like Like x 1