New Classic British Trains And Scenarios?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by maxvandendriessche, Dec 16, 2021.

1. maxvandendriessche

maxvandendriessche New Member

I was looking on the Train Sim 2022 DLC's when I realized that TSW2 is missing a lot of trains that I like.
    For example the Class 415 and the class 421 and other EMU's (electrical multiple units) Is it possible in the near future we can get a 1960s-1980s British DLC with these trains and maybe other EMU / DMU's.

download.jpg

I have also recently realized how bad the TSW2 scenarios are, I'm not sure about other countries trains, but British trains are involved in shunting and a mixture of jobs including passenger trains. I would like to see scenarios where we shunt and couple up passenger trains before we take them into service as well as taking trains into depots for repairs (not break down scenarios) and maybe we the player can be involved in station duties every time we stop at a station.

Also TSW2 fails to implement any dangers, for example the game could add Signalman who are standing holding a red flag at signals being repaired or tested, we would therefore have to stop next to the signalman and receive instructions to carry on.
    more info - (start at 2:00)

Conclusion:
    sorry about my ranting, I can live with out my favorite trains, the Class 101 kind of fills the gap. but Dovetail needs to rethink there scenarios, because not everyday is perfect.
    (sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

We definitely need some classic Southern EMU's and I would happily pay for a couple of DEMU's too - Class 205 and 207 to start with, the icing on the cake would be the Hastings Line with Class 201 - 203. Heck it would not be inconceivable for DTG to work with the Hastings Diesel group and replicate the current set for railtours as a layer on all UK routes. My debit card is waiting!

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about making 419 battery electric multiple unit 421 423 411 the last three operated on Hastings line after the 1986 electrification project. Inaugural service was April 27th 1986 1 year 7 months and 29 days before Ronkonkoma electrification service inaugural run December 28th 1987.
    Video of Hastings Line inaugural electric train service

4. maxvandendriessche

maxvandendriessche New Member

I would really, really love to see Class 421’s in London Waterloo station around the 90s and other slam door EMU’s and maybe some automatic door EMU’s because those started to kick off in the 80s.
    If that was a DLC in TSW2 I would be chuffed.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Classic EMUs and DEMUs get my vote. Many classes to choose from too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I'd quite like to see a Class 421 for East Coastway in Network SouthEast and Southern liveries. Maybe with a timetable set during the early 2000's so we can get both the Class 377 and 421 running alongside each other for more variety.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The Class 55 Deltic is needed in TSW2 with a new route to run it on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

yeah, the scenarios are a bit dim.. So I would also love to have more interesting scenarios like what you used as an example

• Like Like x 1
  9. lord everything

lord everything Well-Known Member

London - Hastings as a modern lien would work well, but as a 90s line you could include the brush networkers, old slam doors and the Thumpers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pogodoyle#7387

pogodoyle#7387 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see some of the old BR or BRCW type 2s (classes 24, 25, 26, 27 - any one of them, really!). Perhaps the old Edinburgh-Glasgow push-pulls with a 27/1 at one end at a 27/2 at the other?

Edinburgh-Glasgow isn't too long a route and has some interesting possibilities for freight as well, plus the depots at Eastfield and Haymarket.

Existing models such as the 37, 40, 47, 101, 08 could all find a home here too...?

• Like Like x 1
  11. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The only situation I could really find myself full on wanting a historic UK unit would be;

• The 4cigs and such, in the old southern region, DLGW for East Coastway, perhaps?

• Older HST Models - DLC for Cornwall, maybe.

• Class 303 + 101 (SPTE Liveries)
    Legends of the Cathcart Circle kinda thing, with the 303 doing the rounds in the wonderful orange & black livery, and the 101 could also have a bit to add, as well as plenty of AI to other lines. Might Suggest that, actually.

• West Highland Line w/ 37 and (maybe) 156.
    Whilst I'm more a fan of modern stuff, and when I eventually suggest the rest of the WHL, I'll likely do ScotRail era, the West Highland Line with a Classic BR Diesel would be magnificent.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

I've always thought if I had the talent this is what I would make first for TSW (I don't have the talent) :)

This is a route I really think would be great as a historic route especially with a nice steam loco to go with the 37 :)