Db Br 101 - Livery, Coaches And Cabcar-dlc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by matinakbary, Dec 8, 2021.

1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I suggest that an additional pack for the DB BR 101 should be released. This pack could contains at least two of the three following elements:

1. Liveries

The BR 101 can be seen in many different liveries. However most of them are advertisments, so I guess it's impossible to do them due to licensing. But there are at least some liveries from DB which could be done:

The red or blue Rheingold livery
    101112rotbeige1.jpg

50 years Intercity
    25_39379.001.jpg

There are many other options, for example the 101 in ICE colour scheme or the European Year of Rail variant.

2. Coaches:

- Bord Bistro (ARkimbz - former InterRegio coach):
    ARkimbz-int3.jpg

Avmz (unmodernised first class compartment coach) and Bvmz (unmodernised 2nd class compartment coach)
    13-04-29-intercity-39.jpg

3. Cabcar:
    ic-steuerwagen-front-durch-1161245.jpg

I think at least we should get the cab car maybe with a livery. That would be nice. I know it's a DLC for a DLC for a DLC, so this seems a little bit unlikely.

As an alternative it could be a BR 120 DLC for a route which features then ("just") the cabcar and the already ingame coaches.
    Or even better: the 120 comes with a new route (like Köln-Koblenz)

• Like Like x 38
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I wonder if the retailer group involved in these liveries (Wilde 13 Plus) is in any way involved in copyright here. Might make it more difficult to get it in-game if that were the case.

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and for DB BR120 can be introduced with another route Stralsund Mukran the Inselbahn where these run IC30 IC26 services to retirement in 2020

• Like Like x 3
  4. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

This is a DLC I would definitely buy even for €14! But these coaches might be saved for a later route, also worth pointing out is that Avmz and Bvmz coaches are quite rare to find on a BR 101 consist (most have been sold, stored, modernised or scrapped) so mabye DTG will leave those coaches out of the DLC. But adding those liveries would be amazing. I wonder why DTG did not include the Cab Car and the bistro car in the BR 101 DLC...

• Like Like x 3
  5. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Nice suggestion, with adding Köln/Koblenz, the Br120 and Br101 could be a main included train, that runs on the route, because we already have all the other trains, and there are no other needed, so Br101 won't be a DLC for a DLC

• Like Like x 2
  6. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

You could also make a Big-Package out of it. The old Intercity Color scheme and Interregio would definitely be a pack that I would really like.
    I don't know about you, but I can’t see the red Dosdo anymore, N Wagon or Y Wagon have to come slowly.

The BR 120 would be nice for this train, but I would also have one
    BR 218 is very popular for this combination.

Suggestion for the color of the Cabcar and Wagons.
    [​IMG]
    Interregional coloring.

[​IMG]
    Intercity coloring.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  7. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I feel like you would really need a period accurate route for these trains with these liveries to feel at home. I myself have made two suggestions (The Saalebahn from Saalfeld to Naumburg in the '90s and the Main-Weser-Bahn from Frankfurt (Main) to Marburg (Lahn) in the '90s) for such routes, but those are incompatible with the cab car as that didn't operate on this routes at the time. Still worth a look if you like the liveries and want to see some rolling stock variety in the form of older mint green Dostos, n-Wagen and of course classic IC and IR services :).

• Like Like x 2
  8. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Do the 218 and cabcar talk to each other?

• Like Like x 1
  9. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

As far as I understand it, they very much can. this doesn't happen often in real life because the German multiple unit system only supports two locos/cab cars at a time, and most IC trains are hauled by two BR 218s due to the fact that one BR 218 only supplies enough power to the coaches for around 8 airconditioned IC coaches, thus needing a second loco on trains of more than 8 coaches, making it impossible to use a cab car on those. It very much is possible, just not common on most lines as most lines regularly use more than 8 coaches.

If you understand German, the video below explains it a bit better (and it is where I got my info from)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

That Rheingold livery rocks! Should be easily done!

• Like Like x 1
  11. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

Some of the 218s were retrofitted with "ZWS zeitmultiplexe Wendezugsteuerung" (time-multiplex push-pull train control) and could therefore also be used with the IR / IC control car (Bimdzf) in push-pull train operation. Those were the locomotives with two UIC boxes on the front. This was done, for example, with the IR trains Lindau - Friedrichshafen (Turn) - Ulm (locomotive exchange to BR 120) - Saarbrücken. I drove with such a set myself. From Friedrichshafen in the direction of Ulm, the row of control car was ahead

BR218 - Aimz - Arkimbz (Bistro) - Bimz - Bimz - Bimz - Bimz - Bimz - Bimdzf.

Other car combinations as listed above
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2