Dlotgw: Hydraulics Pack, The True Legends Of The Western Region

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Dec 20, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

A Good Loco Addon can boost a Route Greatly, we have seen this with Northern Trans Pennine and Heavy Freight Pack, well Diesel Legends isnt exactly the greatest Timetable pack so far, I Mean the 101 and 08 are not really Legends of the Great western they were seen everywhere, the 52 is a True legend but its missing its Hydraulic Cousins lets tackle that with a Loco pack for DLOTGW,

To Start lets talk about the
    BR Class 42/43 "Warships":
    These Warships where once Synonymous with the Western Region along side the More Powerful Westerns, the two Classes only Differ in being the 43s where built by North British, These may Perform the Same services the Westerns do,
    To Note these units are fitted with White Diamond Multiple working system.
    BR Class 42.jpg

BR Class 35 "Hymeks":
    What kinda person am I to make a Loco pack with the Warships but not the Hymeks? Well im not doing that, the Hymeks are The Classic Type 2s of the Western Region they Generally performed Freight, Parcels and Secondary Passenger work but they have found Express work in their working Lives, Basically they can work the same services as the Westerns,
    These units were fitted with Yellow Triangle Multiple working system.
    BR Class 35.jpg

BR Class 22 "Baby Warships":
    These Extinct North British Built locomotives are now here thanks to a Reminder that Some folks are building a new member of them, Operating Local Passenger work and Freight these units do the Jobs similar to the Class 31,
    The First 5 units were fitted with Orange Square Multiple working system but the Rest received White Diamond as such they are Compatible with the Class 42/43s.
    BR Class 22.jpg

BR Class 14 "Teddy Bears":
    Here by Popular Demand The Class 14s Can operating shunting, short distance Freight services and perhaps Some Transfer services between two Freight yards, Perhaps handling some Vacuum Braked stock with some fancy new Freight cars,
    BR Class 14.jpg

There is one slight issue I Can see, all of these Locos have Exclusively Vacuum not Dual brakes, so There is two options, A. Introduce Vacuum Braked original MK2s maybe with Modified WSR MK1s to go alongside them and new Vacuum Braked freight cars, Or B. Break Realism a little Bit and Put Dual brakes on these Locos potentially expanding the Gameplay potential of them, Personally I think Option B is Better but thats dovetail's Choosing

Thanks for taking a Minute of your time to read this ill see you next time

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I love Warships. Back when we had no idea what Diesel Legends was or what it came with, I was really hoping for a Warship coming.

• Like Like x 3
  3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Nice suggestion, they are well asked Locomotives for TSW2.

The part which i clearly dont agree is to make fantasy configurations like dual brake modes on those. Its like puting traktor wheels on a lamborghini to use it in farming simulator. (Blasphemy for a Simulation Genre ;) )
    Those 2 Locomotives were withdrawn before they could ever passed a retrofit to dual Brakes. I prefer choice A, DTG has to deliver proper rolling stock in addition, which wouldt be a bad idea at all.

Class 42 - Warship.jpg

My personal opinion is, that DTG is holding back the UK classic stock until we get spirit of steam, so they have a reason to actually sell those locos in era based route dlcs. Thats why i think the first "Steam release" will be in a transition era, so it wouldnt be stuck in steam trains only.

Immagine if they would thake the time to create the entire 200 mile waresdale & teesdale network before the beeching axe, they could add at least 20 dlcs with steam & diesel based action to fill the route with layers. Sounds like a solution to me instead of creating all the "shorter sectionbased" routes to leave it half empty and move to the next dlc.

- The main benefit of that would be customers can buy their prefered loco choice for substitution

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Warships and Hymeks...where do I sign? Always to be seen on the routes out of Paddington at that time. Please please please DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Considering that Lamborghini have been making tractors since 1948, far longer than their car business has been around, I sincerely hope some come with tractor wheels ;)

• Like Like x 3
  6. meridian#2659

Haha, Actually you are right, didnt know lambo is in the farming vehicle business.

Well learned something new.

• Like Like x 1
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but Class 35 has a vacuum brake instead of air brakes someone who has this route might need to check sister game ts 22 forums for that

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Don’t forget the smaller Class 22 diesel hydraulics too and of course the proper Blue Pullman which ran from Paddington to Bristol and South Wales. Problem with the latter being no known recorded sounds in existence so probably end up aliased to the MTU HST.

9. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

If anyone watches Clarksons farm on Amazon, he drives the Lambo tractor!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

A proper Lamborghini in my opinion :)

11. elarthur

The Blue Pullman sets used the same NBL-MAN power unit as the Class 22 Baby Warship and Class 41 Warship so the difficulty with sound is shared with the only difference being the differing transmission and associated sound. As mentioned in the add ons as fundraisers thread a couple of days ago, https://www.brcw.co/projects/ are looking to create a new build of these sets amongst other projects with http://project22society.co.uk/ in the process of building a Class 22 using a original powerplant.
    Lastly, both the Class 14 Teddybear and Class 41 Warship should make this list as they were Hydraulic types in use at the time of the DLOGW pack.

• Like Like x 1
  12. finntd#7891

some one already said how they use the Same Engines but also the Blue Pullmans are Diesel Electric, this is about Diesel Hydraulics, i was thinking of making a Sister suggestion about diesel Electrics instead so ill keep those in mind.

13. OldVern

My bad..! Though they are quite iconic.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gwrfan

Gwrfan New Member

Dieseil hydralics in my option are the best kind of dieseil locomotives in the uk. Especially the class 42 which is an underrated gem forgotten about by most people. However no one has mentioned the class 117 dmu which was used for suburban passenger services near Paddington and can be used to replace copied and pasted versions of the class 101 as it would be good to have some variety. Also they should add more rolling stock options to the route like mk 1 trains with different liveries or just br mk1 exclusive trains to have some variety to replace the overused br mk 2 rolling stocks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. meridian#2659

Fully agree to that. We have nice mki wagons, which includes the tso, bso, and bg coach. There are so many others even with buffet and restaurant etc.

Dtg modeled the commonwealth bogie. They could make few with the leafe spring br1 or the newer b4 bogies (the one of the mk2)

• Like Like x 2
  16. elarthur

Although the Class 117 was not a diesel hydraulic, I agree that the Class 117/121 and even the Class 123 express and Class 128 parcels dmus are much needed alongside the DLOTGW pack as they fit that era perfectly. Perhaps a Western Region DMU pack would be good?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OldVern

The B1 bogies were great, really creaked and groaned. Mostly fitted under the earlier build Mark Ones, i.e. those with tungsten lighting, proper wooden interior panelling and in the case of TSO's the seats with the large wooden head wings.

18. Gwrfan

Gwrfan New Member

DTG should also include new frieght options for the diseil hydralics like milk trains, box trains and etc. Using brand new freight rolling stock like fruit d vans or CCts

• Like Like x 2
  19. meridian#2659

Im sure with spirit of steam the entire classic rolling stock gets more variety. Both Diesel & steam.

20. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

As I also mentioned on your Diesel Electric legends suggestion, I think these are amazing locos and a great suggestion, but it would be even better to see them on a proper historic Western Region route instead on GWE. Your suggestions show that there are both enough locos and other kinds of rolling stock aswell as demand to justify such a route!

• Like Like x 3
  21. Gwrfan

Gwrfan New Member

You do have a point jolojonasgames that this shuld be done on another western region route. However if dtg do make this a pack they could do what they did with London commuter and east coastway by having another route come of from a station as seen with how Brighton has two routes with it. This could be done with the GWES as they could expand the route to oxford, swindon and etc.

22. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

There's a lot of potential in the Western region. Perhaps I'll look into doing a 60s or 80s route suggestion in the Western region when I return from my holidays.

• Like Like x 1
  23. finntd#7891

It would be nice to see a Era Appropriate WR Route for these locos, mostly because a DLC for a DLC thats for a DLC is too far if you ask me, but one option I was pondering when thinking about that dilemma was Making Diesel Legends a Whole Separate Route under the same common Folder in the Menus, Maybe just called Great Western Mainline, this could Free Diesel Legends up from needing GWE Installed and allow Diesel Legend to look more Era Appropriate and make Loco DLC for it not so weird (or controversial),
    Dont get me wrong the Multiple timetable feature is pretty Nifty but I think it should be used similar to how the Class 313 utilized it and if the Era has such a Minor Visual difference from the Main timetable that it just shouldn't be separate, similar to how I just mentioned.