Arosa Linie Update – Playstation 4 Users

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG JD, Dec 15, 2021.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Due to some unforeseen complications whilst working on updating the Arosa line route, a number of improvements will not be available for PS4 players on launch of the RhB anniversary pack. These are:
    • [Livery Designer] Cannot select Open Coach in order to make a custom livery.
    • [Scenario - Tis The Season] Expected arrival times are tight for a scenario marked as Easy.
    • [Scenario - Water Logged] Player gets stuck at red signal at Chur.
    • [Scenario - Xmas Delivery] Present unloading animations seems intermittent.
    • [Timetable - Menu] Services in the timetable use the word Xmas instead of Christmas.
    • [Timetable - R1417: Chur - Arosa] Player gets stuck at red signal at St. Peter-Molinis.
    • [Timetable - R1517: Chur Turnaround] The distance to Chur North marker is displayed incorrectly.
    • [Timetable - R1565 Chur Runaround] Expected arrival time is hard to achieve.
    • [Trains - Open Coach] Door handle shape and texturing appears low quality.
    These improvements would traditionally be released in a “Day 1 patch” which is where we update an add-on with last minute improvements before it becomes available to the players.

This “Day 1 patch” will be available to other platforms, but unfortunately the timeframe for updating PlayStation 4 is less forgiving and we were unable to get them implemented.

We understand this will be disappointing for players who have been looking forward to this update. We will keep you informed as to when you can expect to get these updates, however we don’t anticipate this will be before the new year.

Localisation issue - RhB Anniversary Livery Pack

We are also aware of a localisation issue, where French and German subtitles are appearing in English. Players using these languages will still have the translated voiceover as a reference point, but we appreciate this is not ideal.

As above, we don’t anticipate this will be fixed until the new year, but we are working as hard as we can to make sure this is delivered as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused whilst we fix this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up. Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So your suggesting save that 14.99(or pds/euro equivalent) until fixed.Good plan...

• Like Like x 1
  4. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

If i’ve learned anything in the last year, it’s that I’m glad that I didn’t get a Playstation!. To JD’s credit, at least he’s let people know up front.

• Like Like x 4
  5. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Does anyone else with a PS4 notice much different with the free update?

It’s definitely updated as I can no longer use my custom liveries but I find the acceleration bug is still there.
    The sounds don’t seem any different either.

Is it just me or are my issues linked to the original post in this thread and hopefully they will be resolved in the new year?

I also hoped for a freight service in the updated timetable but I think that’s my own fault for setting my expectations too high.

I love the route but we’ve waited almost a year for a basic update so it’s a little annoying.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Same. The only thing I notice is the timetable times are now achievable but the improved physics and sounds on the loco and coaches don't seem to have been implemented on the PS4. :( The loco still lurches forward. There is no freight in the timetable either.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

I hate to rub it in but I'm on the PS5 and playing the newerosa line update is awesome they did a really good job on it it should have lunch like this honestly if this route had the launch like that I gave them to you'd be one of the more popular routes with that being said I'm not totally surprised they're having problems on the PS4 only because the PS4 is going on 10 years old now aren't always getting a little out of date boys

8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I'm on PS5 and noticed no difference apart from track joint sound. Was that there before because I seem to be only just noticing it now?

• Like Like x 1
  9. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

and thank you that this time they tell us something. I will only buy when it is resolved. The problem with Dresden continues and it will be 3 months and they only tell us that they are working on it. but we are not beta testers and they are working with our money. I prefer to wait for a product in good condition than to buy a lot of data that does not work. this time they were legal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

This game just gets poorer and poorer for PS4 owners.

• Like Like x 3
  11. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

I mean the hardware is kind of getting up there in age it's not a surprise I mean yes they still support PS4 but probably because most of the player base is still there and with that being said yes it should probably be in a better state but at the same time remember you're running on almost 10 year old hardware think about trying to run train Sim world on a 10 year old PC it would be the same idea it wouldn't run very well

• Like Like x 2
  12. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Agreed "But" they are selling the product to "Work" on a PS4. They know the limitations of it, yet still are producing inferior products and bug ridden. Even for the PS5! So I do not think it is just about which PS or how dated that system is you want to use, just poor programming and testing (What Testing! :mad:) from the producers of the DLC's!

• Like Like x 3
  13. a.paice

I feel it’s understandable on the larger routes like Munich or Dresden to not work as well on the PS4 and to be honest I never expect them to.

But the Arosa line does not seem to suffer from any great shortages of memory thanks to their economical use of distant scenery. It should not be unimaginable to have an interesting working timetable with decent sounds and physics.
    The rolling stock models themselves are extremely good otherwise.

14. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

Both are valid points and no question about it and yes it should run well and it should work better if they're selling it on the platform there's no question about it I agree but I'm just trying to put it in perspective for people a little bit that it's probably a bit of a challenge to get it working

• Like Like x 1
  15. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Was about to buy this on sale. Shall hard pass!

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG JD

• Like Like x 3
  17. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Yippee can't wait

18. a.paice

The new sounds seem to have been implemented which is nice but we still cannot use custom liveries and the locomotive still ‘jumps’ when starting on PS4.

Is there another update coming to rectify that on PS4?

• Like Like x 1
  19. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

The funny thing is that in October I was only 3 months younger and I had 40 DLC and it worked perfectly. so do not come to me with excuses, it is not the age of my console but the new engine that does not work. when they will launch it together with rush hour on October 19 until today the game is full of bugs, even where it did not have before. and my play until October 19, update day 155 went well. I am a computer technician in the programmer's office. don't tell me stories please. Thank you

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. DTG JD

Custom liveries I'll explore with the team, but I believe the physics improvement hit all platforms in the first update. It should feel different. If that's not the case from prior to December 14th, I'll ask the team to investigate (after Christmas).

• Like Like x 2
  21. a.paice

Thank you

22. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

I mean that's possible too no doubt however the age of the console is a problem but I do see your frustration no doubt