Backtrack Stuck

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Jebilaya, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Jebilaya

Jebilaya New Member

Whilst playing the backtrack scenario on the north east corridor I take the train to the first checkpoint but nothing happens. Looking at the PC video it looks like the checkpoint should prompt for you to reset points before going forwards.

Why isn't it resetting at checkpoint?

2. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

I had a similar thing happen a few times yesterday. When you reach the checkpoint and it's right in front of the train then try driving a 1-2 meters further so the checkpoint is right under the cab. Maybe reverse a little again. You need to find that sweet spot where the checkpoint triggers and it seems a little more sensitive in this release.

3. Jebilaya

Jebilaya New Member

Thank
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try that later but it's pretty frustrating

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I thoroughly agree: finding the correct place to stop can be annoying. Usually, I've found it to be at the driven engine, but that's not always true. Sometimes it doesn't seem to matter, as long as some part of the train stops at the marker; other times, more accuracy is required.

This is an occasional, minor annoyance; not worth a lot of time and attention from whomever deals with such matters.

5. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

The distance indicated is always the distance from your avatar to the desired point.
    You always have to stop with either the loco or any part of the train on top. You will need to guess which one will trigger the marker.

6. Jebilaya

Jebilaya New Member

Thanks for the comments. As Sintbert says you have to stop the loco on top of the marker. I was going past it and then stopping, as soon as I stopped the active loco on top of the marker all good.