West Cornwall Local: Should I Get It?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Me with a train, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Me with a train

Me with a train Active Member

I’m considering getting WCL, but as it’s a rivet route and my last rivet purchase (IOW) was plagued with bugs from the beginning, could anyone tell me whether it’s a good route to buy, what service variety there is and what the general quality of the route is (for reference, I already own NTP, TVL and hopefully the Class 20 soon as I’m hoping to pick it up in the sale) :)

2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It's an ok route but mostly tree lined so not much to see.
    The class 150 looks good but doesn't sound correct (sound mixing) and has no iconic rev up before applying power. It also accelerates a bit too quickly.
    There's no set up time for the trains at all and the timings on the route are only just manageable depending on the loco selected.

The class 37 is included and can be used on freight and passenger (the TVL class 37 is also available).
    Also, as you have NTP, the class 101 subs for the 150 and the class 40, 45 and 47 from the heavy freight pack can be used on the loco hauled services. There are also a couple of run arounds at Penzance and the class 08 performs pilot duties allowing the locos to swap ends.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

4. kekanha#4892

Hi, I don't know what platform you have, but what I can say is that on the playstation 4 I still haven't found any bug. but I didn't play the whole route either, because since I have all the DLC I am alternating. but I played 8 or 9 missions and it goes well.

5. Me with a train

Me with a train Active Member

Is it also possible to get some advice on purchasing the class 20? I’m not sure how it fits in to TVL, does it add extra services on other routes as well?

• Like Like x 1
  6. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

7. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

As far as I know it does not layer on to any other routes (so far)

8. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

It is a very good route.

9. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

10. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  11. kekanha#4892

Attached Files:

12. kekanha#4892

[QUOTE = "ukpetey, publicación: 427932, miembro: 1947"] [USER = 25439] kekanha # 4892 [/ USER] aprenda cómo funciona la función de cotización [/ QUOTE]
    I have all the DLC's, maybe you can teach me.

13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’d definitely recommend it . Fun route to drive . And if you think IOW was plagued with bugs , you should see arosa

14. Groveparksheds

Groveparksheds New Member

The mainline st Austell to Penzance is average, the scenery is very poor with far too many trees on route. The stations are average at best with stations like Hayle not really looking anything like the real thing. The branch line st.Erth to st Ives is woeful with the scenery of the Hayle estuary and st ives bay beach area terrible. The sea, sand and horizon look woeful. You can't see Godrevy lighthouse at all . Carbis Bay and St Ives have been very lazily put together and are barely recognisable. Having said all this The class 150 was nice to drive and there's an OK timetable to be getting on with. If you know the area don't buy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

Ok I’m really lost… I’ve checked several times now but I don’t have access to the west Cornwall route in the store? Am I missing something ?

16. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

nope the in game store is a bag of bolts. Both Xbox and PS version of the game the lovely route is missing. Either browse the PSN store or if on the 5 just scroll down when on the game tile and you’ll see add ons and it shouldn’t be too many clicks over to the right to find it.

store has bust since RH last year, DTG are aware of it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Depends on what you are looking for in a route. I think it's one of the most boring routes I've bought.

18. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

Ty Found it

• Like Like x 1
  19. StefanVXR8

StefanVXR8 New Member

I was looking forward to it as I was born in Cornwall and spent most of my 'kid' years on the trains, so wanted it from a nostalgia point of view.

As mentioned above, if you know the area then the representation of scenery isn't good (Truro Cathedral a case in point).

Having said that, some stations like Truro and Redruth I like, apart from all the 'rubbish' in the Redruth station rear car park, what's that all about!?

Over all though, I'm glad I bought it and would recommend it, even if the timetable is impossible! :)

Stefan

• Like Like x 1