Dlotgw: Diesel Electrics Pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Dec 23, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Hi this is the Sister Suggestion to my Previous Dlotgw: Hydraulics Pack | Dovetail Games Forums But this time we talk about some of the Diesel Electrics that started popping up at the Tail end of the Early 70s to start replacement of the Previous Hydraulics,

Lets get started with the
    BR Class 50 "Hoovers":
    Ah Yes the Hoovers Nicknamed for the sound of their Air Cleaners, as Electrification of the WCML was wrapping up Class 50s were transferred Between 1972 and 1976 for use on the GWML to finally retire the Old Westerns, as such these can be found Operating Express Passenger and Freight as found on the Diesel Legends Timetable,
    These units were Fitted with Orange Square Multiple Working.
    BR Class 50.jpg

BR Class 251 "Blue Pullmans":
    The Oldest Units on the List the Blue Pullmans, the Grand Daddy to the HSTs, I Just Couldn't leave them out, These operate 90MPH High speed express trains along the GWML with Exquisite Luxury, No Blue Pullman's Exist but I Know they were documented pretty well, and at least one of the similar NBL Built MAN Engines still exists and is due to be Used in the New Build Class 22, so sounds shouldn't be too big of an Issue,
    They can come in BR Blue with Yellow ends and their Classic non yellow Ends.
    BR Class 251.jpg

BR Class 252 "Prototype HST":
    We just talked about the HST's Grand Daddy now lets talk about its Daddy, The Prototype HST was just a Stock Gap for the APT Project, but it got popular and led to the Production HSTs and the APT was dropped, These (and by extension the Next listing which you Already Guessed) operate 125 MPH Express Passenger Trains Along the Line,
    Only one set built and of that set only 1 Class 41 Power Car and 1 of the Prototype MK3 Trailers were Scrapped, which is quite impressive if you ask me.
    BR Class 252.jpg

BR Class 253 "High Speed Train":
    The Writing on the Wall for the Westerns/Hoovers, The Fastest Diesel Trains in the World, you know what it is The InterCity 125 Sets quickly grew to become Britian's Most Iconic Train Sets and as such we need the Original Valenta HSTs named for their use of Paxman Valenta engines, As you have Already guessed these operate 125MPH Express Passenger trains along Line just like the HST in the Modern Timetable, but they can Layer to Northern Trans Pennine, I guess with the Class 50s as well.
    BR Class 253.jpg

Well thank you for reading this Sister suggestion, if you like the idea of this you may like the Previous Hydraulic pack as i linked above, thanks for taking your time to read this ill see you next time.

• Like Like x 9
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Another great suggestion. Some very iconic machines in this list.

• Like Like x 1
  3. owls18678773

owls18678773 New Member

would you put the class 55 also on the route?

4. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

last i checked the Deltics never worked on the GWML during this time

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and for GWML London Paddington To reading HST Paxman Valenta these can also work ECML North services Newcastle upon Tyne to Edinburgh because the line wasn't electrified until 1989

6. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Really nice suggestion!

I would prefere even the Class 50 & The HST valenta to make before the Hymek & Warship. With West Cornwall from Rivet, the Route gets additional Layers + era based liveries.

7. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The Pack could include:

- Livery Pack + Layers for Diesel of the Great Western
    - Livery Pack + Lyers for West Cornwall
    - Substitution in WSR Railway

1990.jpg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

Would love the have the Valenta HST as well as the Hoovers..

I've just realised that this is a suggestion for a DLC for a DLC for a DLC of a game.. I'm in..

9. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Your suggestion for both the diesel hydraulics and diesel electrics packs show that there is a lot of western region BR blue oppertunity. In my eyes enough to even justify a dedicated period route (perhaps an era-accurate recreation of the current GWE or a entirely new section). I never bought DLOGW because it feels too anachronistic for me, and I would feel like a dedicated historic route in the western region would therefore be more interesting, and the amount of rolling you suggested shows that there is enough justification for such a route in terms of rolling stock variety and uniqueness. If such a route existed I'd actually reconsider buying DLOGW aswell, to provide me with more layers (though realistically only the BR blue class 52 would be new).

To be honest, I would not be interested in these trains as an expension to DLOGW, but I would be interested in these trains as part of or an extension for a period accurate western route. Still love your suggestions though!