Dlc Suggestion - British Rail Apt-e

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TrainspotterFromTauranga, Dec 1, 2021.

1. TrainspotterFromTauranga

TrainspotterFromTauranga Active Member

Since DTG have confirmed that a tilting train ~ the DB BR612 ~ is coming soon to Train Sim World 2, I realised that this unlocks potential for many more tilting trains to be added to the game in the future.

This is one such train; the British Rail Advanced Passenger Train (Experimental). She was a gas turbine-powered 4-car test train that was built in 1970, and did many test runs between 1972 and 1976 (though she never entered revenue-earning service). She is now preserved and on static display at the National Railway Museum's Shildon site.

I'm not sure what route would be suitable for this train; I certainly don't think the APT-E would be suitable for Northern Transpennine or Tees Valley Line.

British Rail APT-E.jpg
    (Image credit - Ian Howell on Flickr)

• Like Like x 3
  2. pogodoyle#7387

pogodoyle#7387 Well-Known Member

This would work well on the Great Western line - it was often seen running along there - it looks to me like the photo might be Swindon, in fact!

3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Yes please DTG. Vastly unique unit. I can picture it now with a Speed Run scenario. Imagine the sound of the gas turbines.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  4. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

I don't know, The APT-P would be lovely to see on a late 1970s/ early 1980s WCML as around 6 were built but the -E was a one off design, which (as you mentioned) never entered revenue earning service.. so AI scripting would be a pain to code.. but apart from that downside, I'm in!

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean WCML North Carlisle Glasgow and West Coast main line over shap Summit Carlisle Preston for TSW2 here's the thing with Advanced passenger train it's a tilting train just like Thrandter Rampe route Dresden Chemnitz DB BR612

6. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Doncaster Scrap Line ;)

Would like to see this one, actually beside the tilting technology dgt could implement the atp system and bring this to the gwr hst.

Screenshot_20211224-032644_Chrome.jpg

Not sure if its possible or not, i guess if they would consider to extend the gwml to oxford the experience would be worth it.

• Like Like x 1