Just Trains Developing Dlc For Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Dec 24, 2021.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So for those of you that have not heard the great news. Just Trains have released a xmas message today with a rather great bit of news. They will soon start making content for Train Sim World 2. Heres the Facebook post they made a few hours ago,

Just Trains

A CHRISTMAS MESSAGE FROM JUST TRAINS
    A year many of will want to see the back of, I'm sure. Let's hope for better things for everyone next year.
    Just a quick message to thank all of you for your custom and support over the past year.
    2021 has seen the Just Trains team expand in numbers and we remain committed to bringing you more top-quality Train Sim content into next year. This year has seen us expand the MML network and also bring you an updated version of South Western Expressways with Reading receiving the Just Trains treatment. We appreciate all the great feedback we have received for our routes this year and engaging with the community will remain a constant for us because we know how important this is for you all. The MML will continue to grow next year with at least one more route planned. And, to top the year off, in what has become something of a tradition, the Just Trains team has created a FREE scenario pack that covers the Southwestern Expressways-Reading route. It's available to download from the website now.
    To finish things off, we'd like to bring you the biggest news of all - we can now reveal we'll soon be commencing work on content for TSW2. We'd hoped this would have been sooner, but the green light has finally arrived and the team are extremely excited at this news. So much so, that many of them were keen to forfeit their Christmas holidays to get started. OK, well maybe that's stretching things somewhat. [​IMG]
    So, exciting times ahead. We hope you can all join us for the journey next year.
    A Merry Christmas to you all. Please stay safe and look after loved ones.
    See everyone in the New Year!

Heres a link to their site.

https://www.justtrains.net/

Good news hopefully.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 15
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

What's JT's reputation as a TSC developer?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. antony.henley

Very Good

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  4. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

This was a VERY PLEASANT surprise, but yet im am extremely worried because Just Trains havent created any routes for TSW 1 or 2. Which makes me think we could see some ports of some routes BUT then again there are severe limitations of TSW 2

5. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

Very pleased to hear this hopefully some great routes coming soon, I've always liked jt routes on tsc so definitely looking forward to them coming to tsw2

6. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Will the Add ons be just for pc or console and pc?

7. antony.henley

As far as I am aware they will be for Console and PC.

Hentis

8. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

iffy, their routes from a couple of years back were not received well looking at you western mainlines the met line was alright I think, I don’t own it. The price was ridiculous, £21.99 for the S7 +1 and then another £21.99 for the S8. The only difference between the two is the seeming arrangement.
    I just hope DTG don’t let the stupid JT prices appear

9. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

From what i have seen just trains has done alot of routes already for just trains so if they port over some of those routes for tsw2 including ones dtg haven't done yet,then it would still be new for us tsw2 players,heck dtg have been porting over ts routes to tsw2 so it's not anything different Plus just train has some new countries like japan for example so at this point anything being added would be welcome..

10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The prices are set by DTG as was confirmed by Maik Goltz, if I recall correctly. So JT will release content with DTG prices or not at all.

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

One doesn't "port" a route from TS to TSW. At most one can recycle some buildings and other scenery assets; but the route proper and especially the rolling stock have to be built new from the ground up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. moofeen#2182

Yay thanks

13. moofeen#2182

Ya I would love to see the crh 380a and other Chinese high speed routes on tsw 2 fingers crossed

14. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

Excellent! Let's hope TSW 2 team will work the JT together on the LU's metropolitan line with add on or the individual game with all 34 stations including the quick drive segment. As well as more MTA routes after the Harlem Line

15. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

very, very high. within train simulators, one of the highest for sure

• Like Like x 1
  16. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Yes great news for TSW2 more so when DTG are struggling with only the Support of RIVET & SKY-HOOK games & TSW2 (Germany).Hopeful a Re-worked version of WCML-S & a few other of there TS routes will save this Game from going off the rails

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  17. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

This game isn't going off the rails, though.

Rivet - Cornwall was alright at best, the 150 is poor though, but Arosa seems half decent now it's fixed, and Island Line isn't too bad.

Skyhook - Cane Creek seems decent (I don't have it) now it's fixed, and the extended dev time for Horseshoe is promising.

Train Sim Germany - Solid Start with the G6

Dovetail - Overall their stuff has been good, far from the game "going off the rails", and are hardly "struggling".

Also, JT didn't make WCMLS, Dovetail did. And it won't come to TSW in it's full, it would be far too long to develop for TSW (in terms of Time and Cost).

• Like Like x 1
  18. antony.henley

To be honest any new 3rd party developer is a decent thing for TSW. It allows Dovetail to get on with more development for their DLC for a start and to concentrate on getting the backlog of "stuff" they have awaiting QA or fixing sorted. We have had three of the big TS developers join the 3rd party creation teams, Rivett, Skyhook and now Just Trains from Train Simulator franchise. I am looking forward to not only what DTG have to offer in 2022 but also Rivett, Skyhook and Just Trains as well as Train Sim Germany (sorry) . Overall I think it will be a good year for TSW. It would be an even better year if Armstrong Powerhouse were developing their back catalogue of Locos, coaches, wagons and scenarios for TSW as well. But hey ho. We can only wait and see.

Regards
    Hentis

19. phillipa#1949

That could all change even if they did a cut down version of it like London to MILTON-KEYNES & Even as we speak the routes in TSW2 are getting longer & bigger the fact that they would take longer would not make much different with the number of routes that are currently Available

20. trainsimplayer

What...

The longest route is Sherman Hill at 70-odd miles.
    However, most of that is simply desert, nowhere near the amount of scenery as the WCMLs would require.

Also, look at my final paragraph carefully:
    Development time (and costs) are determined by custom assets (stations included), length, rolling stock, etc.

The route route to Birmingham won't happen, at least not for a long time.

21. antony.henley

i think probably this year you will see either east coast mainline and or west coast mainline (terminuses) in TSW. now whether its DTG or any of the 3rd parties doing it who knows.. Perhaps a 1980's end of the Deltic era / beginning of the HST era for ECML and possibly Modern day version of WCML, possibly a slightly modified version of the 377 could be used.
    I apologise that's me just thinking aloud. lol

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  22. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

They call themselves "JUST TRAINS" and if that's what they put the most effort into they just might put something great out,only time will tell.I'm sure whenever they release there 1st something we will know what we will be dealing with.Fingers crossed...

23. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I’m hoping that Just Trains would release the northern end of the MML, with an extension to Lincoln or Nuneaton. It’s my local railway. Also, it be pretty stupid to not put in a Mainline route in the heart of the country.

24. phillipa#1949

That,s all DTG

One for the next gen consoles maybe ?

25. trainsimplayer

The same factors will apply to Just Trains, although potentially less impactful due to their TS content being popular.

Also how do next gen consoles matter in this situation, at all?

26. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I know I’m late (just didn’t feel like signing in) but this is great news that another third party dev is joining TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1