Xbox Upgrade Not Working

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Duroses, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Duroses

Duroses New Member

hi
    None of the upgrade buttons do anything on the Xbox One version.
    I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything. I have even deleted my save game and done a power cycle on the console.
    Nothing.
    Anyone else had same problem please?

2. Duroses

Duroses New Member

Hi
    The upgrade buttons do not work on the Xbox version. I have reinstalled the game and done a power cycle.
    Anyone else had same problem please?

3. 410nick

410nick Member

Have you tried upgrading in game? That's how I did it. Then it prompted me for a purchase

4. Duroses

Duroses New Member

Yes. Both buttons do nothing.

5. 410nick

410nick Member

I would submit a ticket to DTG about the issue. When you uninstalled the game did you also clear any reserve space?

6. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hi there Duroses. We are aware that some people are having this issue. Please contact the support desk on the link below so we can gather more information and address this.
    https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/

7. TrainSim-Luke

ps: merged duplicated threads...

8. Duroses

Duroses New Member

I’ve tried that but get “email address is invalid”. Never mind. Thanks anyway. Looks like I’ll be sticking to Founders Edition.

9. Boris56789

Boris56789 New Member

Hi,

I had the same issue with the upgrade buttons after unistalling for the 2nd time before opening the game I delete the save profile in manage and game section. Xbox one resynchronization the account and game and I would assume pulled save file from the the cloud saves. This time both option open what I would assume is hidden links in the Xbox store to purchase standard at 9.99 and deluxe at 13.50.

So, try this and it should resolve the issue with no completion lost. Looks to be save files not playing well on the latest tsw foundation version.

Hope that helps all

10. TrainSim-Luke

Hi Boris56789
    Thanks for that, I've passed it on to the team.

11. Duroses

Duroses New Member

Hi Boris
    Thanks fir the tip but this doesn’t work either. I have done two full uninstalls, deleted my player profile, deleted my saved games, all to no avail.

12. Duroses

Duroses New Member

I can confirm it is not related to saved games or accounts. I have launched the game from another account on my Xbox and have the same problem.
    I will try launching it from my son’s Xbox One S on my account to see if that works.

13. gangrel

gangrel Member

I had trouble launching the game at first after the update. It then started working fine. I think it's because of me being in the Xbox Preview Program.

14. Duroses

Duroses New Member

Update: both buttons worked fine on my son’s XB1. Upgraded that way.
    Not everyone has that luxury though.

15. Boris56789

Boris56789 New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the update that it didn't work for some. I guess like most things each machine will have its own unique mix of installs of games etc.

Duroses, are you on the latest Xbox one software version as I know it's not everyone bag to be connected to the net on their console necessarily. Also you didn't say if it was an Xbox one, one s or one X you had. Might make the difference.

Also if it helps my Xbox was one of the original launch era machines. I know updates should bring it all in line , but like the tweaks ms have done on controllers etc. Could help in error checking incase there is minor differences between the build era of the console.

On another note , did notice one funny on the NYC pack when you are driving to pen with the amtrak. Probably one of the first scenario. You can get halfway down the tunnel and near pen, but find even with the car in set to forward instead of reverse going too slow it starts to reversal up the tunnel.

Only way to solve is come out of scenario and back in again. Hope that helps with the bug spotting.

16. Duroses

Duroses New Member

Hi. I did indeed have trouble with the Amtrak reversing!
    My console is an original black XBox One.
    My son’s is an Xbox One S.
    All are bang up to date with system updates etc.

17. Boris56789

Boris56789 New Member

Hi,

Interesting for dovetail the reversing bug also seems present with the Leipzig add on (rapid transit). On the first scenario after introduction to the talent 2 around station 5 or 6 stop when working with your way through the tunnel based Leipzig station. I accidently came to a stop too early on increase the power and making sure first the reverser was in fwd. The talent 2 just started accelerating in reverse. Causing scenario danger failure as it went through a red light. Definitely no reverser change caused this. Looks to be a very similar bug as seen on the amtrak and only way to resolve is go out and come back again having saved at prior station.

I wonder if this is Xbox specific or scenario bug issues carried over from the pc build. I am sure it is just a bug in a underlying shared module input at play.

18. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

If your on a little hill or something, releasing the brakes can cause the train to go backwards. In that case apply a bit of brake, increase the power enough and release the brakes. When you are giving enough power the train should accelerate forward.

• Like Like x 1