Nattydredd Reskins...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ntypeman, May 30, 2021.

1. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Just downloaded the excellent looking Nattydredd Reskins of the West Highland Line Extension replacement station signs...

Unfortunately, there's no readme file telling you what to do / how to install it... When you go onto the file, once you've extracted it, the only thing that's there is an "Asset" file... Now presumably common sense dictates that you drag / copy & paste it into your "normal" TS folder being "common\assets" etc... Well I did it but to no avail... Can anyone please offer any suggestions/ solutions???

Cheers

Eric

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Sound to me like you are dragging the assets folder into the assets folder, which will just create a second assets folder inside the main one.. which will obviously be ignored.

Unpack it... drag the entire Assets folder into your Railworks folder... NOT the assets folder.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Yes, this would be how to do it. Most packs, if you have a manual install or if you peek into the RWP file using WinRAR, will show you the Assets folder. RWP files install to the Railworks folder, so this is always where you should install. You can open the Assets folder in both the file and on your drive and just copy over any folders, too.

Something I will probably do is create a backup drive of my downloads (maybe payware as well) assuming installation is completed with them where possible. That way, I have a record of what to uninstall. A spreadsheet of installed items can be useful for things you don't want to keep permanently installed, and plan to uninstall after playing with them for a couple of days. I've been peeking at some of the freeware Armstrong packs using a dummy Railworks folder on my desktop so I can see what's in them and not accidentally install things I don't own (for instance, RSDL Class 66 reskins or Class 37 pack reskins). Bigger packages, though, are best done by RWP. Examples of this are the freeware packs from UKTS or a full route package. These can be installed with the package manager, though you can still WinRAR inside and drag everything over if you prefer. If you have reskins to install via such a manager, they may have a BAT file to copy GEO files from the payware, and you can run that in those cases. Always consult a readme. Uninstalling reskins may involve later deleting those GEO clones in a cleanup operation.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  4. Pookeyhead

Is it working now?

5. ntypeman

I would have done had there been one...

Not had a chance to go on the laptop today Pooky... Usual Bank Holiday things like getting dragged around B&Q (or Home Depot to our cousins over the pond...!!! Lol...)

Eric

6. Cyclone

Definitely gotta do Home Depot on the bank holiday, put money into their bank for some wood...

7. ntypeman

So it's not just a UK thing going round DIY centres on a bank holiday then??? Lol...

Eric

8. Pookeyhead

I never go anywhere on a Bank Holiday weekend? Going places on one of the few days a year everyone else wants to go as well seems like a bad idea to me. There are

9. Cyclone

You're supposed to bank on the bank holiday, yes? It's the "Bank" holiday?

10. ntypeman

For the first time in nearly 2 weeks I get to go on the laptop... :o

I'm having a crack at installing the Nattydredd station signs again...!!!

I've extracted the it and now have a file called Nat - West Highland Extension which then has sub files (directories???) of RailWorks, Assets, Thompson, FortWilliamMallaig, Scenery, Stations & textures...

Before I mess anything up do I just drag the assets folder (as in This PC \ Nat - West Highland Extension \ Railworks \ Assets) into This PC \ Data (D:) \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ Railworks

Thanks in advance... :cool:

Eric

Ps... Back in about an hour as I've got to take the car to Kwik Fit to get the alignment of my wheels checked...

11. Pookeyhead

Unpack the file you downloaded (Nat-West Highland Extension.7z)

This will result in a folder called "Nat-West Highland Extension".

Open it....

Inside you will see a folder called "Railworks". Open it. Inside will be a folder called "assets". Do not open this... just drag it to your Railworks folder.

Done.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. ntypeman

Screenshot_West Highland Line Extension_56.82095--5.10328_13-57-31.jpg

Pooky...

All sorted now thanks to your advice... ;):cool::D

Eric

• Like Like x 1
  13. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

These look nice. Is there a link - can't seem to find it. Cheers!

14. ntypeman

• Like Like x 1