Do You Think Rivet Will Ever Fix The Abysmal Class 150

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by flghttrainsm#6320, Dec 25, 2021.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. No

60 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. Comment below

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. They will leave it up to a competent developer to create a realistic simulation

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. flghttrainsm#6320

flghttrainsm#6320 Member

It's nearly the end of the year and as far as I know rivet have said sweet fa about fixing the physics and sounds of the class 150 , it's like they just churn stuff out that isn't finished expect us to be grateful and pleased

• Like Like x 4
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The onus is really on Rivet but the lack of any firm commitment to fix the DMU or tidy up the route, from either party is not encouraging.

3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The arosa fix came late yes, but better late than never. Same with iow, and i enjoy both products in its current state.

If rivet is touching the 150 again, beside the physics ill hope for additional features like mainbattery switch, or local start up from the outside. Also would be nice when more switches would have a function. The guard panel not working disappointed many people.

Is it expected too much? I dont think so, since those are implemented features in past tsw products.

In the end this would be big advertisement for rivet when they gonna update their vehicles too. Even for a small team, customers are concerned about day 1 purchais and hold back their money. Many refunds as well because those points, so i guess its in rivets interest to go the extra mile here.

They did with past routes, so im confident.

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I'm of the ilk if they fix it I'll look at it , if they don't then DTG will give us more new things to make me forget it

• Like Like x 1
  5. OldVern

Like the Class 20 and US Baby Bullet!

6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

They still couldn't fix the jumping start of the Arosa Line locomotive or the transmission on their DB BR 204 shunter.

After these, what gives you any hope that they will fix the 150?

• Like Like x 7
  7. chieflongshin

Exactly. I got caught out by the weird fuel stop too. What are you thoughts on the caltrain route. There's some nice modelling I thought but it does seem a bit quiet with the traffic. I think I'm spoiled by the German routes though

8. OldVern

Haven’t done the whole run yet as mentioned game crashed on the second Journey, but I liked the exit from SF all those freeways climbing here there and everywhere. Some superb attention to the modelling. May try a standard timetable run later to see the whole route.

9. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

It took them months to half-ass a fix for arosa, which was undrivable. As far as I know, the 150 is drivable, so it's gonna stay like that. The only hope is to get an update that screws it up completely, like RH did for Arosa. Then we may or may not get something.

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I very much doubt it. Their aftercare leaves a lot to be desired.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

I can only imagine one scenario here: if they are to create an add-on for WCL, they'd probably try fixing some basic bits and bobs, like they did with Arosa. Nothing major though, something that will be enough to sell a few extra copies of the DLC. But all speculation of course...

12. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I think if its ever going to be reworked, it'll be for when it inevitably gets bundled in with another route, either by Rivet or someone else under license. After that, if it'll be backported to Cornwall... that's a different question (and will likely depend on how much is mucks up the timetable and scenarios).

13. meridian#2659

Thats why its important to get it right in the first place.

Sounds like a lot of work to me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

They basically made that fixing stuff 9 months after release is ok, so expect a timeframe between 9 months and never.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Do you think Father Christmas is real?

• Like Like x 4
  16. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Bit early for April Fools isn’t it?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

They have fundamental issues understanding TSW physics. If they sort this out, a fix could come at some point. Otherwise, I'm pessimistic.

• Like Like x 4
  18. meridian#2659

I dont expect rivet to be experts in everything. How could they, i dont understand anything of software development either.

The point is why dont let their content backcheck by somebody knows the vehicle or route?
    Its also not a bad thing to not know every aspect of the tsw2 programming, at least they could involve dtg for the challenges.

There are not so many dlcs out now, but way too many which need hardly reworked in my opinion.

Its in everybodys interest, especially with tsws system of substitution. quality content multiplies sales or might gonna kill the sales. Time will tell, but i think rivet is on its way, slowly yes but they are.

19. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

In short... No.

The long answer... No, probably not.

• Like Like x 1
  20. zzw1983

zzw1983 Well-Known Member

No. Stop whining.
    You bought it.
    Live up to your decision like a man.

• Like Like x 1
  21. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Tbh I highly doubt rivet will fix the physics... we know how terrible they are at that

Anyways they (Rivet) have recently hired in a sound developer, so that gives me a small fraction of hope

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Who, Rivet have? Or DTG?

23. meridian#2659

The class 150 has improved a lot soundwise compared to the ge4/4 and the tube stock.

Those have the problems when coasting at idle everything is totally silent, which is a hard immersion braker.

So i accelerated to 60 with the 150 snd turned off the engines. And see, rivet managed to let it sound like a train. Also the brake noise is impressive in my opinion. Flange & joint noises are there.

Rivet has improved already. I guess the diesel sounds now are affected by the physics, so i wouldnt call that they screwed up in wcl with the sound related stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  24. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Rivet

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. chieflongshin

i personally don't think that 150 ever sounds under load once it gets moving.

You accelerate to about 47mph where it changes gear. Come off the throttle and all goes quiet, apply again and it just doesn't sound like the transmission loads up again

• Like Like x 1
  26. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Like Arosa the scenery is more of a let down than the vehicle itself.
    Never having driven or sat in one I could accept their interpretation, but not their re-afforestation of Cornwall.

• Like Like x 1
  27. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Yeah, what he said.

28. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

No. Not at all. I don’t think they have the first clue about sounds or physics of a British loco. So so many errors that I just refuse to play it, Yes it’s technically ‘driveable’ as some people have said, it’s an appalling excuse for a unit. If you are ever been on one, you’ll instantly realise that it’s a total and utter shambles. Accelerating at 75mph in notch 1, DSD not working correctly, acceleration 0-30 is way too fast, all throttle notches not being available in brake step 1, no brake rub, no rev up, no 2 second delay between rev up and then pulling away. Throttle lever is far too tall, brake pressures aren’t right.

I hope for two scenarios. 1) someone from DTG cares enough about it to sort out their catastrophic mess and update it. (Unlikely) 2) Another 2nd Gen DMU is released, such as the Class 156 ( done correctly by someone who has a brain cell ) and the sounds and physics can be copied over to the 150 too. Whilst not identical, they are similar and would be 1000% improvement !

However - I am not holding my breath for any scenario.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 4