Dbpbzfa - Brake Cylinder Pressure Won't Decrease

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MajorSkyblue, Dec 26, 2021.

1. MajorSkyblue

MajorSkyblue New Member

Hi there!

So I've now thrice done the DB BR 146.2 Empty stock to Meissen with the intention of stopping and going back via the DBpbzfa control car. For some reason the BC gauge will not drop down while the brake key is engaged and I have spent over an hour trying to figure it out but to no joy.

See below video showing the problem. I don't know if this is just me going absolutely mad and there's something I'm doing (or not doing) wrong but I've gone over a few online guides and everything I try doesn't seem to help. I also can't find anything online that mentions this issue.

Starting mission via the timetable there's no issues but even taking over the service in free play I cannot get it working.

Any tips or if anyone else can replicate and see if they can figure it out I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  2. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have driven the train there using the 146 loco, right?! Could it be that you have not released the brakes in the loco while changing over?

3. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

The brakes do not release because they are secured against movement. The release procedure is. Close the door, release the brakes and wait until the pressure in the brake cylinder drops. The gas lever engages and when the power is more than 10 nM they invite you to push the lever, release the brakes. The brakes are released and the train starts.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

As it was mentioned that it all works perfectly in timetable mode I was assuming that this is known to MajorSkyblue ?! Quick feedback what the actual problem was would be appreciated, as I have encountered similar issues and I am pretty sure they were related to the brake setting in the cab on the other side of my train. Even though it usually solved my problem, many other buttons were pressed in between, hence, never really figured out that it was the actual problem…

• Like Like x 1
  5. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I seem to encounter this issue when taking over or starting a new service in free roam having completed a timetable run.

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The DRA versions of German locos now reflect their actual behavior: the brakes don't release fully until there is 10kN engine force (sometimes you have to 'jog' the brakes by moving the brake handle to Release again)

7. MajorSkyblue

MajorSkyblue New Member

Yeah, 146.2 loco. And I can be sure that the brakes are released on the loco end.

Yeah I can get it all working find in timetable mode with 0 issues through the whole route. I've fiddled around with everything in the cab end going as far as doing a complete shutdown on both ends and restarting from scratch with no joy.

As mentioned above I can get the service working through timetable mode so this definitely isn't the reason.

Maybe if this is the case then if more people could confirm then this could be something that can be reported to DTG.

• Like Like x 1