PC Platform Overload?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Jul 24, 2018.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

As I write this, a 584+MB TSW package is downloading to my computer. I play TSW on my computer only. If this download is taking up space on my hard drive that supports other platforms, none of which I have ever or will ever use, I want to know how to get rid of it.
    My feeling is that before sending out a download such as this, DTG should set up a refusal database and avoid inflicting files on customers who do not want them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Why would you not want it? Matt said in the stream today that it contains a number of minor improvements.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

Improvements are always welcome, but you didn't read or understand my message very well. I'm upset about having support for "other platforms" that I absolutely do not need or want. Why not deliver the "minor improvements" in one package sent to all TSW customers and a second package, containing support for other platforms, only to those who want it?
    If I'm correct about this situation -- and I clearly indicated in my OP that this is the case, and that because despite what Matt might have said DTG has not provided a complete list of this download's content -- then DTG has placed files I do not want on the computer that is my property, effectively depriving me of that space without my permission.
    I apologize for being so insistent about this, but it truly upsets me -- so perhaps I should change my name to Otto II.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

This post doesn't make sense...sorry, but how on earth are you coming to the conclusion that the Steam version is downloading Xbox and PS4 files ? The update is purely for the Steam edition and it is essentially a rebranding from TSW: CSX HH to TSW so it is in line with the console releases...that's it.

There are also fixes incorporated in the update, as Matt has said previously on stream. I do not believe there is a changelog yet

• Like Like x 10
  5. SimonM719

SimonM719 Member

Will be interesting to see what changes have been made

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

7. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks for your opinion. That's not how I read the announcement. Furthermore, the new splash screen includes symbols representing all platforms.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  8. darkage

darkage Member

And because a splash screen shows some symbols, you jump to the conclusion that it is downloading files for the platforms represented by those symbols? Do you even know that a PC, a Xbox and PS4 are 3 different things, hence why ports need to be done?
    *huge face palm*

• Like Like x 4
  9. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

this is nonsense, why do you think steam is downloading ps and xbox files??

• Like Like x 2
  10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’s purely just for advertising.

• Like Like x 3
  11. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Cringing hard rn.

• Like Like x 1
  12. pdxmark77

pdxmark77 Active Member

You do realize that that download is replacing files and probably not increasing the amount of space the game takes up?

I don't see why you would think that they would include the X Box and PS 4 versions with the update over Steam. That makes absolutely no sense

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

It's not an opinion champ...it's fact. No game update (regardless of platform) generally download files intended for another platform. Firstly, it makes absolutely no sense in the world to do that and secondly, I do not even think it would be technically possible.

I'm also quite certain Sony and Microsoft would have something to say about it as well if it were possible as the files would contain propriety code designed for the consoles.

As already stated, the symbols on the splash screen are just there for advertising purposes only...it does not mean the files from those consoles are being stored on your PC.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

If your concern is the space a game takes up on your computer, you should have first looked into the requirements, as the requirements for TSW noted a large amount of disk space would be required. I feel you are complaining just to complain, as many others have noted here that your post makes no sense.

I can understand the issue that we have not received any change log or notice of what was actually changed, added, or improved, but whatever was downloaded with the update was solely for PC use only. Xbox and PS4 have different ways of handling games, and it would be inefficient for DTG and Steam to upload, host and distribute software that has nothing to do with the intended platform. Are there similarites between console/PC versions? Well yeah.... it's the same game.... but we are not downloading PS4 or XB1 specific files on Steam, how does a game that is in the 10s of gigs for PC only 500mb for consoles?

Again, complaining about nothing just to complain.... If you are gonna complain about anything, complain about the lack of a change log

• Like Like x 4