Spessart Rampe Rückbau

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AmbyyRose, Dec 24, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. AmbyyRose

AmbyyRose Member

When I took a trip to a relative who moved to würzburg, Since that was the first time going on a train there I was very confused yet amazed that some of the track was drastically different from what I saw in game. I do not mean graphics wise but more so, a segment of the track has been renovated into a tunnel. This isn't the best description in the world, I am sorry.
    However, would anyone like a renovated Main Spessart Bahn?
    Karte_Spessartrampe.png
    [​IMG]
    The Red line represents the old track
    The Black line represents the new track

I'm not very familiar with putting images on a post so I am sorry again I do hope it works.
    Tell me what you think in the comments, any suggestions and corrections are very welcome and I am excited to see what people think.

God morgen, og i tilfelle jeg ikke ser deg, god ettermiddag, god kveld og god natt!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Your suggestion is going to help those DB 83xxx services because they get stuck on the ramp due to DB BR187 185.2 not having the necessary power to climb the old ramp when doing these. On the other hand you can introduce RMV Bahnland Bayern stickers to the Doppelstockwagen 780 767.2 766.2 and DB BR445/446

• Like Like x 3
  3. kjeld.dejager

kjeld.dejager Active Member

i think overall once a year DTG needs t look on the 2 or 3 year old routes and if they have changed then change it in game too to get it as realistic as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kjeld.dejager

is the old track then still in use?

5. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

No, it has been removed completely in the section cut off by the tunnel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kjeld.dejager

good to know but yeah i think in game it needs to me refreshed and extended to Würzburg?

• Like Like x 1
  7. AmbyyRose

AmbyyRose Member

This now is unfortunately the old schwarzkopftunnel and Heigenbrücken Bahnhof, I hope it doesn't get demolished as a sort of memorial of older times.

BST_SPESSART_ODENWALD_2018-04-05_5319.jpg

44899-933eb041.jpg

unnamed (9).jpg

0.jpeg

A little surreal to be honest considering you can definitely tell that there used to be a whole stretch of railway there not too terribly long ago.

I think that if they could leave in the old track and add the new track as a separate map or maybe even via selecting timetables would be nice, if not a sort of final goodbye event would be pretty neat. Just to give the track that was there for so long a final farewell.

I do appreciate the comments and agree alot that for realism sake it would be a very good idea aswell as extending it to würzburg, it just seems kind of dull to just stop at gemünden am main at most for a fernverkehr fan, I presume however that due to time constraints it would only happen probably later maybe in the game's life cycle. There's also something weird I found outside the map.

Gameplay-wise it would be very very great, I found myself most of the time rolling back down the hill playing with snow enabled as yes, the BR182 does have the power but not the traction. Anything like PZB signal missed Zwangsbremsung or a red signal would just completely kill the service.

I apologize if I haven't posted the aftermath images in the first post, I was in a rush to get my computer checked out in time and the groceries done.

mye takk langt hjemmefra

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

I agree but in reality DB BR182 actually carries sleeper trains Würzburg Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Aachen Liège Brussels originating from Innsbruck & Wien Hbf. Gameplay-wise BR182 also shares the same problem as a double headed DB BR185.2 it's that once you're stuck on the Ramp you might as well sand your way as long as you don't roll back onto a signal. Other players try doing that in the snow with DB BR155 DLC Ruhr Sieg Nord. Overhead contact system poles are from 1954-1957 when it was electrified except for the Lohr area where it was rebuilt in 1994 for Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg connector line

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I'd say this could be an area for some new DLCs - a modernised version of routes. New MSB, electrified Peninsula Corridor and GWR, etc. Let's say 2/3 of the full route price (can be dependent on you owning the original), new train and we're good to go.

10. kjeld.dejager

have you maybe also some pictures of the new station and rails?

11. kjeld.dejager

nah a update would be better

12. AmbyyRose

AmbyyRose Member

This is the most I could find on google unfortunately.
    Bahnsteig neu 01-1.jpg
    Screenshot_20211226-114814_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20211226-114822_Maps.jpg

It's somewhat more generic than the older station now, still nice.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

By this logic, routes like Clinchfield would never even exist. Also, the 155 DLC should then be deleted since DB doesn‘t operate any anymore.

Routes are set at a specific point in time and should stay there. RSN is set before/in 2007, MSB before 2017, etc. Especially in the case of MSB, it represents the original, classic route which is somewhat famous in Germany due to the banking services and has now been lost to time.

• Like Like x 3
  14. kjeld.dejager

15. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Nothing against an upgrade, but with the options to choose the todays version or the old. Like when having different timetables

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mighy

Mighy Member

In my oppinion the old style of operating the Spessartrampe was the reason why DTG developed this DLC to make it interesting for the players and to provide something new to TSW at that time. So it was a wise choice to build the old route. Many Germans did appreciated that, I think. It was the right point of time to make this addon after the famous line closed permanently. And video gaming humans like nostalgic things, not only railway enthusiasts.

So in my oppinion it would be wasted menpower, to rework the line to the new routing; it would loose its unique service character and we would get annother German route that would be like the most others.
    Maybe some of us would appreciate an alternate timetable, set in the 1980s instead on the existing route, maybe with DB 151, 110 and Silberling Coaches (and so on)... (similar to GWE).

• Like Like x 6
  17. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It would, but such a big change/parallel version can't be made just like that.
    Heigenbrücken which someone already posted photos of is basically the only new station, the rest is basically the same, sometimes with new high platforms DB is using throughout the network

18. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

To be honest, the modern version isn't as interesting. It has been rebuilt with the intention of removing banking services and challenging gradients, which are the very things making the route interesting. Besides that the quite scenic and characterfull area around Heigenbrücken, which once was a trainspotting hotspot has been replaced by a modern tunnel. It just isn't as interesting (to me). The only kind of new thing could be the inclusion of Twindexx Vario sets, replacing the older BR 146.2 push/pull Dosto sets, but those still are Dostos, which I've seen enough of for a while.

Of course a modern version could be made, but without also being extended to Würzburg, something unlikely because of route length limits, it just doesn't add any new experience for me, which of course is personal opinion. I just feel like DTGs time would be better spent on a German diesel route, a vintage German route, a new country or at least some kind of newer gameplay experience.

• Like Like x 2
  19. driverwoods#1787

You mean making use of the Lohr connector line from Main Spessart Bahn to Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg Layers for that are ÖBB routes with Nightjet Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg DB BR403 evening freight locomotives and DB BR182 with LZB. If made DB BR445/446 will then layer onto Existing German routes except Riesa-Dresden.

• Like Like x 1