New South Wales Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MetroMad1229, Dec 26, 2021.

1. MetroMad1229

MetroMad1229 Well-Known Member

HELLO EVERYBODY and welcome back to another route suggestion. First off Merry Chistmas to all of you (unless your reading this in the middle of the year). In this thread I'll be talking about why a New South Wales route should be added to this game. I recently did a different Australian route and I've done too many USA routes so I wanna do another Australian route and I'll will hopefully do more in the future. For the other Australian route it was some routes in Victoria / Melbourne routes in 1 thread and for those of you who didn't see it check it out now by looking at my singature and there should be a thread written in green that says Victoria Australia Routes but for now we need to stick with this route topic. With all that out the way let's get right in.

New South Wales' Railway Network
    sydney-to-berry-train-south-coast-line-758x1024.jpg

SYDNEY TRAINS

Sydney Trains is a Commuter service that runs around most of Sydney. Some Suburban services continue around the Sydney Circle. Most services would start and terminate at Sydney Central Station but some just use a different line. Sydney Trains go 43.3km/h while operating outside the city. As for the trains Sydney Trains owns 6 trains which is a lot for an Australian railway company.

Details About Sydney Central
    This is the busiest station in Sydney considering it's in the city and because starts from (or end) at this station and it has 25 platforms. With these routes they should also include the city circle because in terms of scenery at Circular Quay Station there is 3 major land marks which are The Opera House, The Harbour Bridge and The Harbour itself. After departing Circular Quay (or before arriving) they go across The Habour Bridge which would be one of the coolest things to do in Train Sim World 2. Anyway let's go talk about some Sydney Train routes.

T1 Line
    The T1 runs from Sydney Central to North Shore & Western. The line is 33.9 km. This line was built in 1890 with some stations on the line remain in construction until 1932.

All Stops
    RICHMOND LINE

• Richmond
    • East Richmond
    • Clarendon
    • Windsor
    • Mulgrave
    • Vineyard
    • Riverstone
    • Schofields
    • Quakers Hill
    • Marayong
    • Blacktown
    • Seven Hills
    • Toongabbie
    • Seven Hills
    • Toongabbie
    • Pendle Hill
    • Wentworthville
    • Westmead
    • Parramatta
    • Harris Park
    • Graville
    • Clyde
    • Auburn
    • Lidcombe
    • Strathfield
    • Redfern
    • Central
    All Stops
    PENRITH LINE

• Penrith
    • Kingswood
    • Werrington
    • St Marys
    • Mount Druitt
    • Rooty Hill
    • Doonside
    • Blacktown
    • Seven Hills
    • Toongabbie
    • Seven Hills
    • Toongabbie
    • Pendle Hill
    • Wentworthville
    • Westmead
    • Parramatta
    • Harris Park
    • Graville
    • Clyde
    • Auburn
    • Lidcombe
    • Strathfield
    • Redfern
    • Central
    Loco Info
    T sets
    Maufacturer: Goninan
    Build date: 1988-1995
    Numbered: T1-T54, T57-T65, T67-T81, T83, T86 and T88-T99
    Length: 81.08 m
    Horse Power: 1,829
    Top Speed: 115 km/h
    2020-04-08_Tanraga_train_T45_at_Heathcote_railway_station,_Sydney_(cropped).jpg

H sets
    Maufacturer: UGL Rail
    Build date: 2006-2012
    Numbered: 6901–6999, 6843–6854 (driving trailers) ON 5901–5949, 5821–5826 5951–5999, 5871–5876
    Length: 81.55 m
    Horse Power: 2,100
    Top Speed: 130 km/h
    H49_(45785868011).jpg

A sets
    Maufacturer: Downer Rail Changchun Railway Vehicles
    Build date: 2011-2014
    Numbered: A1, A3-A78, A80
    Length: 163.1 m
    Horse Power: 3,927
    A32_approaching_Flemington_(cropped_2).jpg

B Sets
    Maufacturer: Downer Rail Changchun Railway Vehicles
    Build date: 2018-2021
    Numbered: A1, A3-A78, A80
    Length: 163.1 m
    Horse Power: 3,927
    B_set_departing_Flemington_20181031_(cropped).jpg

The Blue Mountain Line
    This line runs from Sydney to Katoomba. It has a length of 96 km. The line goes across the Habour Bridge after departing Circular Quay Station. But this isn't part of the route itself because it's in City Circle.

All Stops
    • Lithgow
    • Zig Zag
    • Bell
    • Mount Victoria
    • Blackhealth
    • Medlow Bath
    • Katoomba
    • Leura
    • Wentworth Falls
    • Bullaburra
    • Lawson
    • Hazelbrook
    • Woodford
    • Linden
    • Faulconbridge
    • Springwood
    • Valley Heights
    • Warrimoo
    • Blaxland
    • Glenbrook
    • Lapstone
    • Emu Plains
    • Penrith
    • Blacktown
    • Parramatta
    • Strathfield
    • Central
    V Sets
    Maufacturer: Comeng
    Build date: 1970-1989
    Numbered: V1-V51
    Length: 81.55 m
    Horse Power: 230
    Top Speed: 115 km/h
    [​IMG]

Conclusion
    Thank you guys so much for reading this thread. If I said anything incorrect feel free to reply and correct me and I'll edit the thread and fix it up. I just wanted to say why I picked those two routes. I picked them because the T1 line has got the most interesting trains and the Blue Mountain line goes past some worldwide famous locations. Other than that I really hope you enjoyed and if you agree please like the thread and I'll see you next time.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Chipmunk

Chipmunk New Member

This is a great post definitely hope they see it

• Like Like x 2
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Unlikely to happen though as DTG indicated a few weeks ago there are large barriers to overcome producing routes outside the current featured territories. Australia would present particular problems as without a reliable local partner to work with, the cost of travel to research would be massive and in any event is off the table until Covid had been eliminated. Which could still be years away…

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This is a great post and you forgot CityRail now NSW Sydney Trains D & V sets these run Sydney Central Station to Newcastle electrified 1984 & Lithgow 1954-1957 Kiama 2001. That's why they have toilets on board

5. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

When it comes to adding a new country to TSW, what difficulties DTG might find in the lack of proximity to Australia, can be compensated by all the documentation, research, and company negotiations being in English.

There are plenty of resources available online of Australia's rail routes and operation regulations and signalling. I'm not quite as versed in NSW's routes but I know the federally owned interstate routes (of which there are a lot in NSW) have a whole accessible library online on a government website with up to date diagrams and rule books.
    On the general Victoria/Melbourne thread I go into more detail about what I was able to find online and link resources for that region, and it is a lot for every line that exists.

I've added this thread to the list of Australian proposal threads under Sydney Trains/NSW Trainlink, New South Wales/Sydney general discussion. There is a lot of other threads for New South Wales routes if you wish to check them out.
    List found here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/australian-proposal-suggestion-master-list.41526/