For Those Interested In Sherman Hill

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Dec 28, 2021.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I found this today, it’s a bit of Sherman usage info. Apparently we’re getting 40 odd miles of a 240 odd mile route. Trains are similar to what we’ve had. Looks like their is a good variety of freight with us having a good amount of wagons across various routes already.

Amtrak run a passenger service I believe so it’ll be interesting if these are included as a layer,only 2 services. F units ran the route too. Slow route up to about 30mph.

Whoever did the video screwed the sound but it’s good and seems a lot of potential variety.

2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

We still don't have a P42DC in game so no Amtrak layers I'd imagine.
    IF DTG had done the Hudson Line then we would have had an ideal route for a PC32 Loco DLC and given that 95% of a PC32 is a P42DC then we could have potentially seen an Amtrak layer on Horse Shoe. But they aren't and currently I just don't see a route available to justify sales of a £12 loco DLC.

3. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

I would happily buy an amtrak dlc for this route. And I guess I'm not alone. P42 is a long waited loco for TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

It’d be better placed on another route with it only having the two services I believe here

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst a bubble here, but there are no Amtrak trains on this route now. Trains 5 and 6 run the old DRGW route west out of Denver to Salt Lake City.

• Helpful Helpful x 2