Oakville Subdivision Introduction - Failure

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Dec 22, 2021.

1. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

When playing Oakville Subdivision Introduction, the game doesn't recognize when I turn the internal camera back on and doesn't progress...any solutions?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

What system? I played through it today (before the update) on PS5 with no issues

Are you using the Classic control system as it requires? If you've used the exploit to switch to Immersive, it may not recognise the camera switch for some reason.

• Like Like x 3
  3. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning.

It's on the PS4 itself. I use the Immersive control, but it switches to classic before starting, everything goes normal until it asks to return to the camera in the first person, when I go back it doesn't recognize and I get stuck at this point, unable to complete the introduction.

IMG_20211222_182230161.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Factor41

Have you tried going back and forth between internal and external views a few times, or different internal views if any others are available? Might be a PS4 specific glitch as it worked ok on PS5. If I recall, there was a short delay before it acknowledged it, but the whole intro is quite slow paced so it didn't seem out of place.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tcmikaelsouza

There is only option for the second man's camera, it's the only internal one, I've tried to change from several external to the only external one and it doesn't recognize it, I've already left several minutes until the loco stops and doesn't move, and I can't finish.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

The game has a handful of broken tutorials that cannot be completed because some operation stalls progress. It’s possibly the most basic thing in programming, but DTG keeps getting it wrong from time to time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. tcmikaelsouza

• Like Like x 1
  8. Factor41

Just tried it again on PS5 and no issues. There's a short gap after switching to the inside view and I had actually switched back to the exterior view again before it continued, but it was only a matter of seconds, not minutes. If there's an issue, it seems to be PS4-specific.

• Like Like x 1
  9. yaku#6712

yaku#6712 New Member

I have PS4 Pro and got the same issue. And tried everything. No success.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. gogonbmb

gogonbmb New Member

I have the same issue, the menu systems and how you move threw the game is frustrating.
    And I bought the game for a relaxing experience, who would have thought.

You guys need to rework the whole UI system and be more user friendly, it's a mess trying to navigate threw the menus when there is something specific you want to do.

Fix this silliness.

And how did this first person glitch get past your beta testers???

PS4 pro, doesn't have the option in the internal view to go first person, has second mans seat, where you are forced to sit, and is first person ultimately when you select it, but your game doesn't recognize that you just went first person in the seat sitting.

I reset the game and continued and it put me past that point I'll assume???
    When i was at the last part, some how so brake was on in one of the engine cars, cause I set the speed to 3 and would slow down.
    Now I'm playing the first mission and can't even start the train, i have to go back to the broken tutorial to learn how to start the train and loop past this glitch again just to see why the train would move with throttling it.

Bizarre this cleared beta testers.

I really just bought this game to lay in bed and relax to a none demanding game and chill, WTF man.

EDIT: now when I get to glitch and return to main menus to glitch and and continue journey to bypass the glitch, it's now taking me to the beginning of the first mission,

I can't start the train in that mission, and I can't learn how to cause of the first person glitch.

I CAN"T PLAY YOUR GAME...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I had the same earlier on SEH. I've taken a break from TSW for a couple of months as I was becoming frustrated by the ongoing issues with the Rush Hour routes, but thought I'd treat myself to a new route for Christmas.

On the very first attempt at the intro, I am told to pull the indicated lever to get moving. This I do but once you've put it into a power notch you can then no longer interact with it. Problem is, the power is locked out because the doors are still open. I was never instructed to close them! Closing them didn't clear the lock.

I restarted and this time made progress until like you, was asked to use the external views. I did use the external views but the message didn't clear. At that point I gave up with the intro. This was on PS5.

12. Bongoboy

Bongoboy New Member

Glad I'm not alone.

Kinda shocked that Dovetail is fine with people buying the game and DLC and NOT BEING able to continue.

Nothing like throwing away money at Christmas.
    Thanks so much.

13. westbromrangers70

westbromrangers70 Member

I’m having the exact same problem,I got the southeastern as well,can’t complete introduction on that too,I really like this game but I’m get fed up of all these glitches in game.

14. tcmikaelsouza

strangely, the flaws I had in introductions were from lines of the preserved collection, as it required the classic control, even if selected at some point it gave an error, I've had problems with HRR, but after an update the time was fixed, it asked for me go back to the inner camera and choose the pilot option, but I was a passenger, in SEHS I had no problems in the intro.

15. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

On PS4, I found a number of the older routes say they use classic controls, and even suggests short cuts in the hud, then function with the modern controls. It'll say "Move the reverser to forward", suggest moving the left stick up(classic) which implements a zoom(modern), so you push up on the d-pad to move the reverser forward, realising you're in modern mode.

I can live with this mostly, but as has been stressed, it becomes impossible to complete some tutorials(like telling you to switch between driver and camera mode, thinking you're in classic but you're really in modern).
    Also, how do you access the different classic views in the modern system? Fixed camera, lean out windows, etc. The modern system is easier to use but has less options. Are they gone forever?

16. westbromrangers70

westbromrangers70 Member

This is getting beyond a joke now,I thought I would give dtg the benefit of the doubt and purchased another map,I know not everything can be perfect straight away,sometimes things have bugs,but this is the third map I’ve brought and not one is working correctly,these are old maps that have been out a while,yes they are in a sale,and that’s why I got them,but the least you expect is to use them,the introduction won’t let me change back camera mode,the same problem on oakville subdivision.

• Like Like x 2
  17. kaybat#6905

kaybat#6905 New Member

Having the same problem on the Oakville introduction.

18. tcmikaelsouza

An important note, since some recent update, it is NOT possible to change from classic to immersive control, or the other way around, during gameplay, you can only change when you are in the menus.

• Like Like x 1
  19. westbromrangers70

westbromrangers70 Member

I’ve got the same issue on pen corri now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Metallipool

Metallipool Member

I would hope it will be a quick fix once DTG return from their Christmas break,as I would imagine that a lot of people like myself have downloaded this route recently,being heavily discounted in the current sale.

21. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I put the post i feel like a beta tester. But on the final the people start to ofend them selfs and dgt close the post.

22. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

It is not true, I know before entering oakvile, you change to classic mode in configuration, then you can change after enter in oakvile to immersive. but if you enter in oakvile in imersive mode you get the mesage that you have to use the classic mode, and that way it no longer lets you change. but if you enter oakvile already in classic mode, it does not prevent you from changing to immersive mode after being inside. I play all of them in immersive mode, I can't forget to change to classic mode before entering a route that asks for classic.

23. Alex666

Alex666 New Member

Just bought the Oakville Subdivision on PS4 and I’ve been having the same problem, it prompts to switch back to First Person View and then doesn’t progress. Is there still no fix to this?

24. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Has anyone put a ticket in to DTG Tech support?

The stuff you were bleating on about had nothing to with the question in hand. And DTG Protaganist explained about your post in detail.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  25. Alex666

Alex666 New Member

With the amount of comments regarding the Oakville Subdivision tutorial camera glitch, yes I would’ve thought a message has been sent to DTG tech support.

26. antony.henley

So why not put more in you never know it might get mentioned in the road map.... lol

Hentis

27. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

OSD invites to explore, just take a loco and have fun. Who needs the introduction ? Yeah, it should work, but honestly...
    Train Sim World 2_20220104183801.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  28. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

What do expect when you talk rubbish. You looked up Geneva convention yet?

• Like Like x 1
  29. johnmsaylor

johnmsaylor New Member

Bought this the other day for $7 or so. AFTER reading the issues posted here. Figured it was cheap enough to get it and just see what happens. I'm on PS4 and have the same issue with the route intro tutorial as far as the switching back to 1st person view. So I just went back to the main menu and skipped it. All other tutorials work fine and the game automatically puts it in "classic mode" for all of them. When I started the scenarios and journey/timetable it uses my default "immersive" mode with no issues thus far. If you get it for the 85% it's on sale for now then it is totally worth it. One little hiccup in the tutorials that doesn't stop you from being able to continue the game is hardly worth getting super upset over.

30. antony.henley

Its a very good route. especially like me if you have used livery creator to create your own liveries for wagons. (theres loads that turn up in various colour forms in the consists). I mean yes they will be aware of it by now as long as those experiencing problems have actually submitted a ticket for it. But it doesn't really de tract from the mass amount of enjoyment you get from the route.

Also this route has had a pass on it by the preserved crew and they have added passenger trains using the Cal Train Baby bullet (as that "type" of train is used on the route). Note I said type of train and not the train company (which is Cal Train). As far as I am aware its either in Cal train livery or a plain livery as far as I know DTG currently do not have a license to use GO in TSW.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  31. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

I’m really glad they added the passenger service in. Even if it isn’t the official GO Transit livery. I am curious about one thing though. They don’t technically have the siding for the Hamilton GO station modelled in the game. Which means, if they’re running a real true to life go schedule, they will only have the service to West Harbor, which isn’t technically the most popular stop.

I believe the Bayview junction is for freight trains, and VIA Trains to go towards London and Windsor.

It’s definitely a route that could use with some additional traffic. And since the BML line is working on the PS5 now it’s making me crave some more traffic heavy routes.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  32. lewismarien

lewismarien New Member

Agreed. I am disappointed about the intro bug which I hope does get fixed (that way I can get the trophy for the training modules), but I have enjoyed the rest of the route so far!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  33. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

Hentis, thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of the passenger service. Question, does one need to purchase the baby bullet DLC to run the passenger services on Oakville? I think it's a silly question I guess I'm just hoping I don't have to shell out for it

34. antony.henley

Yeah chris, the baby bullet needs to be purchased along with peninsula corridor. Have a look as I know the baby bullet is on sale, although I'm not sure if peninsular corridor is.
    So at the moment the only way to run passenger services on oakville is via scenario creator. But as I said in my post m, tge preservation crew gave made a pass on the route and have added passenger services in. But we are waiting for them to update oakville Sub. Hoping it won't be that long.

Regards
    Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  35. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Didn't think anyone played this route

36. universal.chris

It's my local-est route so I feel obligated. It's one of the less well-liked routes but I still have fun with it.

• Like Like x 2
  37. universal.chris

I have most of the routes, but could never justify the cost of buying the loco dlc's to keep driving the same route but in something different. Just downloaded Baby Bullet and I'm having a blast, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  38. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

I felt the same way…then I purchased the 313.

• Like Like x 1
  39. antony.henley

Don't see why not. There's nothing wrong with it. I quite enjoy it

Hentis

40. westbromrangers70

westbromrangers70 Member

Have I got mixed up here?you say there is a passenger service on oakville?I’ve got penn corri and baby bullet,but nothing on oakville apart from freight,which I enjoy along with the route,excuse me if I’m being a bit dumb lol.

41. antony.henley

No you haven't got it mixed up and No you don't sound dumb.

As it stands at the moment there is no Passenger services on Oakville Sub (the only way you can change this is via scenario editor and off the rails mode and putting any passenger train onto the route. see the video below from my livestream last night. )

The preservation crew have done a pass on the route and added the ability for passenger services on Oakville to run using the baby bullet. This has not yet been released as of yet and is awaiting testing by the Q&A guys and final release at DTG.

regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  42. westbromrangers70

westbromrangers70 Member

Ok thank you,that’s cleared that up.much appreciated

43. johnmsaylor

johnmsaylor New Member

Came across a nice touch on this line that makes it all the more enjoyable for me. I work as a signal maintainer/signalman(not for CN) and I noticed on the Moving Equipment scenario that there is a location where the signal system appears to be being upgraded from the older searchlight mechanisms to a bridge signal with LEDs. They even have the signal heads turned to the side of the track, which is how they would be until they're put in service. I think that's a really nice little detail that makes it all more realistic. Also that the North American power switch machines are recognizable and not just a squarish blob.

• Like Like x 4
  44. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

And so do I on Hamburg - Lübeck.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. allysimpson247

allysimpson247 Member

Has there been any update on this, because I tried it this morning on a standard PS4 and it still isn't working.

46. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue on NTP on PS4. After jumping from internal to external camera few times and still having the message to switch to first person view I did it, sit back, enjoy the view and curious what will happend when the Class 101 finally reach its destination. And after some time (1-2 minutes of ride in first person view as requested) game has "realised" that I'm in first person view and move on with the rest of the tutorial. Maybe the root cause is that DTG put some kind of "marker" on the route, which train needs to pass with player being on first person view and then this step in tutorial get passed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. westbromrangers70

westbromrangers70 Member

Every new route I have got recently the introduction to the route doesn’t work,I’ve got about six unfinished because they are not working right,it’s a bug on all.hopefully they will fix bug,but I’m just carrying on till it’s fixed.

48. I3arbiQ

I3arbiQ New Member

Does anybody could solve the issue? I ran into the same problem, but I really need the trophy to complete all tutorials for Oakville!
    Tested on PS4 and PS4 version on PS5.

49. I3arbiQ

I3arbiQ New Member

50. I3arbiQ

I3arbiQ New Member

Ticket received support, is under investigation.

• Like Like x 1