Dlotgw: Diesel Multiple Unit Pack.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Dec 28, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I Am back to finish up this now Trilogy of suggestions, I hope yall had a Good christmas,
    to finish this up lets talk about DMUs, when Diesel Legends was announced and said to have the 101 the Reaction was Controversial, mostly because they only really arrived at Old Oak and reading by the Late 70s, and Diesel Legends is well in the Early 70s, so lets fix that with this,

Lets get Started with the
    BR Class 123:
    The BR Class 123 were 4-Car DMUs built by Swindon Works, Non Exist anymore but enough Source material exist that I personally think its plausible to see it remade and brought back to life in TSW, and the 230 HP Albion engines where in use with the Class 114/115s which are preserved so I think its even more plausible,
    These units were quite Unique in having Details and looks more akin to Southern Region Multiple units and Standard MK1 stock, Buck Eye Coupling, B hell even feature outer end Gangway Doors for use with Sets thats have a Buffet Car, oh yea and there can be 2 Variants one set with a Buffet cars and one set without,
    These were Intercity Units and Operate "Outer Urban" services, They may Layer out to Northern Trans Pennine as by that time they were sent out to Hull for Southern Trans Pennine services, but who said we cant see them on NTP?
    BR Class 123.jpg

BR Class 128:
    These single car Parcel Units built by Gloucester Railway and Carriage Company are too Extinct like the 123s but like the 123s I think there is enough source Material and the Albion 238 HP engines still exist that I think it can be Brought back to life in TSW,
    These operate well Parcel services, these can act like Passenger trains where you stop at a Station open the doors and load up, they can also be found on the end of a Regular DMU Train as was done in there lives, these can also appear on NTP, These can also come in 2 Variants, the first is the WR Style with the Gangway on the end and split headcode Boxes the Second variant is the Midland style without a gangway but a third windows and standard centrally mounted 4 character headcode box,
    To go with them the MK1 GUV Can be included to act as a Tailload for these units.
    BR Class 128.jpg BR Class 128 2.jpg

Derby Triplets: BR Class 116/117/118:
    All 3 of these classes are essentially the Same with from what I can tell almost no differences between them, except the Builder (and that the 116s lack 4 Character headcode Boxes and other minor details), the 116s were the Originals built by BR Derby, these were Later Licensed out and built by Pressed Steel and would become the Class 117s, The 116s were also Licensed out to Birmingham Railway and Carriage Company, as I said Triplets and all these were 3 car Sets, so they are True triplets, These operate the Services the 3 Car 101s perform, we can also have services using 2 car Sets to expand that Sexy gameplay potential,
    Yes the 116s and 118s didnt operate the services the 117s did in real life along this route, BUT to be fair they are all very very similar so if they make one why not just do them all, plus I wish for more DMUs so why not.
    This is a 116 and the one after is a 117 but you can see the Primary difference between them.
    BR Class 116.jpg
    class-117-dmu-1452594251-800.jpg

Well thats it, i would include more DMUs but im running out of image slots i can use and i think 5 is Enough, thanks for taking your time to read all three of these if you did im heading out.

• Like Like x 8
  2. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

would love the class 128 and the class 123

3. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Another reason to have a new historic western region route :) I would like to see them all but if I had to choose one it would be the Class 128 :)

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Great suggestion, also don't forget the Class 119 (Gloucester RCW) and Class 120 (Swindon built) Cross Country units. Both types used extensively on the Western, the 119's lasting into the early 90's primarily on Reading to Gatwick/Tonbridge and occasionally escaping to Paddington!

• Like Like x 2
  5. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Would like dtg creates more classic uk dmu's. The 101 is one of my favourite, because they put a lot of effort into details beside the driving it self.

- local start procedure from outside incl. Turning engine shafts
    - coupling possible of the unit itself
    - animated brake calipers

The driving experience is also nice. I suggest dtg makes the cl123 or cl.128 first to give a little variety to the 101.

The more similare units cl. 105, 111 etc they could release with era based routes when steam becomes a big part in tsw.

• Like Like x 2
  6. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

By the way, i specificly asked in the q&a of today about their plans of classic uk diesels.

Pretty empty the roadmap now related to that. My hope its they have more surprises with spirit of steam.

• Like Like x 1
  7. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Another amazing suggestion to improve the UK locomotive roster, especially on GWE.
    These were units that were frequently seen on the line in the early 1970s.
    If these recent suggestions were implemented along with Class 165 and 180 for the more recent timetable I would be so happy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

These were the most powerful of the first generation of DMU being single car with twin engines.

• Like Like x 1
  9. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

I do hope that next year (or at somepoint) we get the class 55

10. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I’d pay good money for this!!!

11. classx#9142

classx#9142 New Member

They have a nice design. I whould like to see them in game and liveries editour.

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Bring them on and if one owns Huddersfield Line NTP TVL and existing GWML Diesel legends. You get a 101 DMU combined with Class 123 128 116-118 DMUs from the pack

• Like Like x 1
  13. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

is it just me but one great suggestion, two should the branchlines of the gwe been added alongside a extension to oxford so we can run the trains properly. As in my opinion the current dlotgw is not right for its era and barely has any traffic.

• Like Like x 1