PlayStation Red Light Jam Boston Sprinter

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pveezy, Dec 28, 2021.

1. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Was doing a timetable mode today… PS5. started with MBTA 906 from Stoughton to Boston. Finished no issue and arrived in Boston within about 1 minute of scheduled time.

I then got out of that train and found one waiting to depart for MBTA 705 Boston to Readville. Departure time was 09:38 which was about 20 minutes, so I set up the train and waited.

While I was waiting I looked ahead on the line and noticed 2 incoming MBTA trains stopped at red lights. The red lights were just south of the Forest Hills station where a inaccessible line breaks off. One of the stopped trains was incoming on the Providence line and one was incoming on the offshoot line (not sure what it’s called). Both were Boston bound and stopped before the Forest Hills station. A little while later I could see another MBTA incoming from Providence line but it got stuck behind the train already stopped.

I was watching traffic departing Boston and sure enough an MBTA train hit a red in between Ruggles and Forest Hills. Then a Amtrak got stuck right behind it. Then another MBTA got stuck behind that one.

I left anyway just to see what would happen, at 09:38. When I got to Ruggles at 09:49 I also hit a red that wouldn’t change caused by the jam ahead of me.

I rolled my free cam ahead and sure enough there was a pile of trains there. In the pic you can see a Providence bound MBTA with an Amtrak right on its tail and there was actually another MBTA right behind that one. The other pick is taking looking toward Providence from Forest Hills and you can see the two MBTAs stopped on the two incoming lines.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  2. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Yep same issues I reported way back in August too. I noticed this too.
    If you ever see this happen again, don't waste your time and try to do a service. It will NEVER work. You will never move, AI will never move.
    These are called redblocks I think. Many players have been reporting them as well (including me)
    Many routes all of the sudden have been getting these error in the AI and the priority signalling system where they get stuck and causes a huge traffic jam which breaks the entire route.

3. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Pic of the stuck Boston bound trains looking south from Forest Hills.

Attached Files: