Information After Update 1.55 Playstation 4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Nov 3, 2021.

1. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Good morning, antony.henley you seem to have a problem with me or what I'm claiming. I'm tired of saying and agreeing that problems that break the game are in Dresden and LBN priority, later the red lights and trains stuck in the middle of the way that prevent you from finishing the journey, but I also want the correction of the sounds inside the cabin in LBN and in LIRR, it does not need to be a priority compared to the other problems already exhaustively listed, but they cannot be left out.

Sometimes a big, priority fix can take a long time, while other minor fixes can be fixed soon, that doesn't mean you'll leave the smaller ones to be released much later, as they've already said they would, they'll prioritize what's urgent, however any and all corrections that come up, they will make it available.

2. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

tcmikaelsouza the cab sounds ARE NOT a problem, where as the ps5 limit and game crashes are. In terms of the red light problems some of this has been fixed in the last update. Or as in reality in a route such as London Brighton there could be traffic in front of you causing a red signal, refer to the map before moaning on the forums

3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Well said, that is the only time that I have been held up by a red light, or lights.

4. tcmikaelsouza

Man, I've seen the maps, the problems with trains stuck in front of me still persist in LBN and in Dresden especially, don't tell me what I should do before scoring on the forums, because when you come with the flour, I'll come. with the cake...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bradley

It’s called rush hour, it has loads of trains which means more red lights, not a bug just how rush hour goes

• Like Like x 1
  6. tcmikaelsouza

I know it's rush hour, and it's full of trains and all, but if you didn't get what I said, THERE ARE TRAINS LOCKED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, WHICH DON'T MOVE, it's not because it's crowded with trains, in LBN has a train that leaves London Victoria, and it doesn't move, it gets stuck in the middle of the way, this causes traffic, red cascading lights, more than 10 trains stuck, in Dresden there are scenarios where trains are immobile near the junction for Meissen.

So before coming to your arguments, pay attention to what I write, I'm not reporting issues that work in the game, but that don't work, or work inappropriately, now if you think that a train stopped in front of you for more than 30min, when you look at it and nothing happens, preventing you from completing a grimace, so you need to review this...

7. Bradley

Best thing for you to do is wait and be patient

8. tcmikaelsouza

Yes, I'm being great, we are all having our patience tested, we remain waiting for corrections from DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  9. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Not that we have a lot of choice but to wait, Patiently :cool: We have been waiting what seems a very long time for some fixes.

So the only way we can let off steam :o is to have a rant on here.

Maybe it will be like waiting for a number 4 bus, you wait ages and 3 come along at once :o:D (UK joke, but would presume it works all over the world?)

• Like Like x 1
  10. tcmikaelsouza

Here in São Paulo - Brazil is no different friend, you wait for a bus, when it takes a long time, you can see that it comes from 2 to 4 at once, or when you miss this sequence, you will wait a long time for the next one.

Here we have another theory, if you are waiting for a certain bus that normally passes directly and you usually don't use it on a daily basis, when you want to take it, it always takes longer... kkkkkkkk

• Like Like x 1
  11. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

It’s subjective and depends on your definition. To me the cab sounds ARE a problem, amongst a multitude of other problems/issues/broken parts of the game. What is important to you is not necessarily important to others, and vice-versa. You cannot decide what is a problem for tcmikaelsouza and what is not, only for yourself. The severity of the problem may be less than those caused by the PS5 download limit or game crashes, but cab sounds to my ears are wrong, and therefore to me, are a problem.

Everyone who buys content for this game is entitled to have an opinion and no matter how loud you shout, or whether you capitalise that cab sounds “ARE NOT” a problem, it doesn’t mean you are correct. Except for yourself

• Like Like x 2
  12. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Maybe it’s your ears that are wrong?

13. tcmikaelsouza

the complaint is not from one or two people, they are much friendlier, the sounds are muted in LBN, outside the super noisy right window, if you don't agree with what I say, run with all the other places in the game, the only one that makes an absurd noise are those of LBN.

You don't want to test the window, okay, ride in the rain on LBN and any other line and you'll notice how louder the rain noise is in LBN than ANY OTHER LINE, ie THERE IS A VOLUME PROBLEM. OR SOUND MIXING IN LBN.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  14. tcmikaelsouza

I analyzed the third service of the first chapter of the journey in LBN (Service 1M03), which had a problem, just when you started the service, a train leaving LV moved and then parked and did not move, even with a green light in front, with this latest fix, this problem no longer exists, I tested it yesterday, it was a much-complained problem on the forums, which I personally had, I went through almost the entire service, arriving close to LV, I couldn't proceed as there were too many trains blocked at My front. I'll do this route later and confirm that it's actually working.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  15. Bradley

I guess you guys have never brought or read the manuals to an Armstrong powerhouse product (of which the 387 is) the manuals always states that to truly enjoy the sounds you need to turn the sound up to a comfortable level…….. guess people don’t do research or even read, the problems isn’t the sounds it’s the players that don’t read

• Like Like x 1
  16. tcmikaelsouza

Dude, do you think I don't turn the volume up here? We are not complaining about the sound of the cabins in our head, we are comparing, with others, for example the 377 on ECW, the 375 on SE, there are mixing problems, that's obvious, you hear one sound inside the cabin and a totally different one outside , it's very noticeable, you open the window on the left side there's a wind noise far above any other DLC, the analysis of many players on this forum is clear and proven, now as my friend ukpetey said, if you don't agree, it would be Better keep yours, because we're trying to help DTG improve the game, and you only know how to refute our claim, with shallow arguments.

17. Bradley

That’s because the ECW and the SEHS units are completely different and of course the sounds are different outside than inside the cabs, cabs are sound insulated and the traction motors are on the outside, but you wouldn’t know anything of this as you live in Brazil and haven’t a clue what it would really sound like, for reference here is a video of a 375 departing faversham. As you can see the drivers window is not open, as in fact loads of drivers don’t drive with the windows open

18. tcmikaelsouza

Dude, for God's sake, understand, the sound of the locos are perfect, on ALL DLC's, especially LBN, which I think is more trustworthy, I'm not putting the sound quality in check on this DLC, I'm questioning the quality of the mix within the cabin, where the sound is all messy, you only hear the noise of the loco on, you don't hear the traction sound like ECW, very loud noise with the window open, I know you can't control in real life with the window open, but there are people who like to open the window to hear better in the game, and what's the problem with that? Understand once and for all, if you hear the sound with outside cameras it's perfect, inside the cab is where the problem lies.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ukpetey

I don’t need a manual for an AP product since I haven’t purchased anything from them within TSW. None of the manuals supplied in TSW advise me to turn up the sound to ‘a suitable level’ - but I am an adult and capable of doing so. However I have purchased AP add ons in TS20XX so please don’t patronise me - I have read their manuals. As I have stated before along with others, the issue is with the sound mix not the volume.

Your final comment that it is ‘the players that don’t read’ - what have I missed? What research do I have to do in order to find out that AP supplied the sound packs for this EMU and then go and source manuals for their products? What utter cr*p! I want to drive trains not go down some rabbit hole researching stuff that wasn’t felt necessary by DTG to include in the TSW manual…. Even if I did that, I have the volume up perfectly loud enough, so it would solve nothing!

I’m glad you are happy with the sounds in this EMU, I and others are not. And I don’t live in Brazil, but in England and I am perfectly aware how these trains sound in real life. I can barely hear the AWS warning and chime in the cab as a driver on the 387 in TSW, in real life as a passenger I can hear it in the first carriage perfectly well through the closed drivers door. So there is nothing wrong with my hearing either!

• Like Like x 1
  20. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

OK, so which sound in the plethora included in the various DLC do I base my volume on. I know that in specific locos if you turn your volume up enough to hear the engine or running noises when it rains the sound is unbearable.

There's a huge difference between volume balancing overall and volume balancing within the mix in game. The first I have control over in windows, in game or on my speakers, the latter I have no control over and I believe it's this that the other person is talking about.

AP are much better at balancing the MIX in TSC than DTG are in TSW, and they're said similarly themselves, hence looking for a game audio person rather than who they have at the moment who is a sound engineer, but not specifically game focussed

• Like Like x 1
  21. tcmikaelsouza

It's exactly what I've been pointing out since the beginning of this forum, but most come to question my point of what the last two friends that were needed in the comments.

• Like Like x 1
  22. bowie87

bowie87 Member

I don't know what you are doing, but I can hear the traction sounds in the cab. All you have to do is turn up the volume, stop comparing them to the ECW ones and keep the damn window closed.

• Like Like x 2
  23. tcmikaelsouza

I've done all the tests friend, with open or closed window, the traction sound and security systems are still very low... The rain noise is too loud.

24. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Sorry for you, but I don't have these issues.

• Like Like x 1
  25. tcmikaelsouza

So you're lucky, so please don't criticize whoever is experiencing these problems...

26. bowie87

bowie87 Member

You are not a mod here, so don't tell me what to do or not to do. I didn't critcize anyone, I just made a suggestion, what could help.

• Like Like x 1
  27. ARuscoe

To be fair, noises should be louder with the window open.

Yes, this person could just close the window and go on their merry way, but just as easily we could close this conversation and move onto things like new routes or new trains and completely ignore things which are just back to front, wrong, broken or a complete lack of any semblance of reality.

Hopefully the new sound person isn't restricted to new stuff and might have a look at some of the preserved collection's balance

28. Bradley

Hope this thread gets locked

end of

• Like Like x 2
  29. ukpetey

Rather a childish post, which was unnecessary in my opinion and the verbal equivalent of stamping your foot in temper!! Are you wanting the thread locked because you disagree with the opinions of others or do you simply have nothing more to say?

30. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Totally agree, that really broken or wrong things need to be highlighted and must be removed by DTG. But the sound on LBN is neither broken nor totally wrong. Maybe it's not perfect, but for example his statement that there are no traction sounds inside the cab is just wrong. Many people told him that the sounds are there and if he would turn the volume up he would also hear them. But he ignores these tipps and favours driving around with open windows lamenting that the wind is too loud.
    We all, and hopefully DTG, know that the sounds of TSW2 could be much better at some routes. But at LBN they are pretty okay IMO.

31. ARuscoe

Rain sounds are definitely "a bit loud", and I haven't checked recently but it used to be the case that opening the window used to cause some trains to get quieter...

32. tcmikaelsouza

I already keep the left-hand window closed as the noise is absurd, but I demand that it be fixed, we pay for a DLC, and we hope at the very least that it works as expected, no crashes, game crashes, undue red lights, trains stuck in the middle of the line, audios properly mixed.

I don't understand why the topic should be blocked, it's a proper, fair and adequate request, I've seen much more dazzling things not blocked, now if there's a reason, it's to delete certain disrespectful comments, or who prefer to lower any flaw under the mat, and make me play in a palatal way, or ignoring the flaws, which I already do.

thanks for the support ukpetey

• Like Like x 1
  33. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Demand?

You Serious?

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  34. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Yes, rain sounds are a bit loud, that's right. But driving with open windows sounds like it's supposed to sound. You hear wind.
    Yes, there are locos in the game where opening the windows produces some strange results (no change in sound or like you said a quieter train). But not at LBN.
    I think one problem is, that tcmikaelsouza compares the sound with the 377 from ECW. The traction sounds were louder there. But after watching some cab rides, I think that the sounds from LBN are closer to reality. This video shows, that the sounds of the LBN 377 are not so bad, as he claims. Yes, they are not perfect, but far from unacceptable

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I would definitely agree that the rain sounds are loud and need to be adjusted across the sim, but yeah the start / end loop on the turbulence of the London - Brighton 377 needs adjusting that's it. Other than that its peachey.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  36. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Lol I have to laugh at some of the things this guy says. But then I wonder if it is in the translation process in one direction or the other, or maybe even in both directions that makes some of his comments seem so ridiculous. I Demand, otherwise I will scream and scream

• Like Like x 1
  37. ARuscoe

Yeah, sometimes things get lost in translation and inflection. Cross cultural etc

38. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Precisely this