Substitution

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Swisstrains, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So I have a quick question:
    On Dresden-Riesa you get a few Locos, e.g. the Br146.2 and Br143. Will they substitute to HRR and SKA without MSB and RSN? Or do I still need them?

2. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

Nope, you still need MSB to have the additional trains in HRR and SKA, very disappointing...

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The layering system is (with certain exceptions) "chronologically one-way"- in other words, when a route is released it can include layers for trains that already exist in the game, but obviously not for trains that don't yet exist!

In the case of SKA and HMA, Dresden obviously wasn't around yet, whereas MSB and RSN were. Therefore the freight layers (and Dosto layers) were predicated on owning those.

4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Sorry to de-rail this thread a bit, but this does raise an interesting question. Now that Dresden is out, will future routes stick to using MSB for freight layers (so that MSB is universal for getting freight layers everywhere) or will the more detailed and realistic Dresden be used to provide freight layers in the future. Or will routes now usually be shipped with a lot of layers build in like Dresden-Chemnitz coming with another 185 and 363?

5. Swisstrains

No problem hahaha

So did I understand that correctly:
    If I buy MSB, I get Freight and Dosto Services,
    and if I buy RSN I get Dosto Services?

6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Not quite. MSB gets you freight and 146+DoStos services, RSN doesn‘t add any services. RSN locos do however substitute on the services added by MSB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Swisstrains

ok, thanks!

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Try checking this list of German DLC Locomotive layers by breblimator to see it's going to help you in this situation or not? If you have an ocean Network Express pink container appear on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen that means you have Riesa-Dresden installed the other condition check to see if DB BR146.2 does say RE1 Hamm to Köln while RE1 Aachen with S-Bahn Dresden Doppelstockwagen. Even Tharandter Rampe will affect Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen with Railpool 185.6

• Helpful Helpful x 2