XBX/XBS Xcloud Tsw2 On Xbox

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by hasse#8149, Dec 29, 2021.

1. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

Hi!
    Figured out as much that I can access TSW2 and all my routes on iPad with xcloud. I also realize I can play TSW2 on my Xbox of course, as well as other game pass games NOT installed on my Xbox streamed from xcloud, BUT I want to run TSW2 on xcloud on my Xbox too. But that seem to be unavailable presumably cause the came IS installed on my xbox, thing is that playing on xcloud gives me series X performance AND SEHS AI trains and denser passenger numbers on iPad but not on my XBOX One X… so instead of buying a €550 new XBOX Series X I can get the same experience on Xcloud OR even on my xbox One X IF i uninstall TSW2.. has anyone tried this? A bit afraid of the hassle to reinstall everything again if needed

2. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

IIRC, Microsoft are planning on releasing an xcloud client for the previous-gen Xboxes, and it might even be available in Beta if you're signed up as an Xbox insider, but don't quote me on that.

What i can say for sure is that Series X has on-console cloud streaming available for Gamepass games (including TSW2), though I'm not entirely sure why you'd use it in that case unless you're really running low on storage- performance won't be as good as running natively, but the option is there at least.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

Thanks for replying, What i want is not having to fork up for a series X console but keep my One Xon the other hand there is an offer available to get the Series X WITH Gamepass ultimate for £30 monthly for 24 months here now so about 2xgamepass which is a good deal. So might just do that instead.

4. Bigphil1592

Bigphil1592 New Member

Yeah I did this a few weeks ago on my One before I got the Series X.
    If you just uninstall the TSW2 base game, you can then stream the Series X version through the Cloud on the Xbox One.
    By just uninstalling the base game, all add ons remain installed and you'll just need to reinstall the base game next time you want to play it not via the Cloud.
    Hope that makes sense.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'll just say Series X is a fantastic console in general, so it you're looking to upgrade at some point i can very much recommend it.

6. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

I think so too, but I’m a casual gamer, so contemplating to buy a bigger tv or a console upgrade… but the subscription model seem appealing and my kid is getting bigger and starting to show interest in train sim too :). Also I have had the One X for just over a year now upgrading from a One… but I don’t want a clunky gamin PC anywhere so console is the way to go for me.

7. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

Hi! Reviving my old thread. Now since no version of TSW is available on Xbox cloud gaming! Flight simulator and other complex titles are so why not TSW? Is this a DTG deduction or something Microsoft decided?

8. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

Don't quote me on this, but weren't TSW2/3 on cloud by virtue of being on Gamepass? If so, that would be why as I believe there are no versions of TSW on GP anymore

9. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

You’re right about that, BUT shouldn’t you be able to play your bought game anyway you want