Ap 158 Cummins/perkins Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by playthoseblues, Dec 30, 2021.

1. playthoseblues

playthoseblues Active Member

Hi All,
    As like most of you, I've picked up a few things in the sales however have a questions regarding the 158 Cummins pack by AP.
    I installed this along with Liverpool - Manchester but I'm not sure if it's working correctly. Firstly, I can't seem to find the GSM unit, I have a badly textured module where it should be. Additionally, I've tried this on the Settle-Carlisle route with no success either.
    Could someone advise? I've cleared my cache and verified files, installed the branding patch and have the 159 :)
    Cheers!

2. playthoseblues

Hi there,
    Could you explain what that means?
    Cheers

3. snapnfix

snapnfix Member

Are you trying to use it in Quick Drive or in scenarios?

4. playthoseblues

Hi there,
    I'm trying to use them on the scenarios
    Thanks!

5. snapnfix

snapnfix Member

From what you've said, I think you're trying to use the enhancement pack without creating your own scenarios that use it. AP's enhancement packs don't overwrite the scenarios that come with the base DLC, so if you run a standard 158 scenario from LM you'll just be running the DTG 158 that came with the route.

Out of the box AP's enhancement packs can only be used in Quick Drive and in the specific AP scenarios mentioned on their product page, which usually require a ton of other DLC. To use them in other scenarios you'll have to create your own, or modify existing ones. Both require knowledge of the TS editor. This will take a bit of time to learn, but it is worthwhile to do, as it opens up a whole world of new play opportunities. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials to help you learn.

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

It sounds to me that you are not actually using the AP 158 at all, and are using the standard one. The original one(s) will still be there and able to use, so look for the AP specific one(s). In scenarios, it will use whatever the scenario is designed to use, so as your scenarios were obviously using the standard 158, they will still do so unless you edit the scenarios to use the AP version. Try it with quick drive,, or one of the scenarios that came with the AP pack.

AP
    [​IMG]

Standard
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  7. playthoseblues

Thanks both for your replies. This makes sense - I had downloaded the AP 43 and was running a scenario on JT's SW Expressways with it and yes the scenarios were specifically for this train. I'll try to run them in quick drive first. I thought they 'overwrote' the old trains.

I'm intending to look into using the editor in the new year so hopefully I can use this a bit more often!

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Swapping existing stock for AP or any other different stock is really easy and can be done from the in-game editor in fact it's my preferred way of doing it over TS-Tools (but let's leave TS-Tools for a different topic so as not to overcomplicate a simple task)