Thanks For The Work This 2021 Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MrSouthernDriver, Jan 1, 2022.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

i know i sound a bit like a DTG fanboy or supporter here and i may get a few things wrong here but i just wanna say this

The train sim world devs at dovetail games have been amazing throughout their work this year, you have done things we never thought you could do like the Brighton mainline timetable, the night lighting on Riesa Dresden, and sure. they make mistakes sometimes, they miss things, they miscalculate stuff, and sure rush hour didn't release as planned, and sure some releases were very bumpy with some criticism

but i just wanna say thanks DTG and i hope 2022 is a bigger and way better year for TSW2

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 18
  2. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Completely agree with you, just goes to show the community, despite it's opinions (right and well....mis-informed) do appreciate what DTG are doing both the good and making sure that the bad is better.
    Thanks for all your hard work, plus get well soon Matt, your ideas are surely what drives the company forward.

• Like Like x 2
  3. s0ggyflannel69

s0ggyflannel69 Member

dtg are a mixed bunch, we’ve had ups and downs such as reisa dresden and sehs but they only seem to get the credit from the bad routes and the good routes are always unappreciated

• Like Like x 5
  4. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree with you here. While bugs and crashes have been frustrating to say the least, never ever did I imagine we'd ever see a route like London Commuter, let alone on console, even more surprising being available on 8 gen machines with more than a 1000 services, incredible!

I've been a massive fan of TSW thanks in part to it being on console, thus allowing me to enjoy this hobby. Hopefully DTG can keep up such a benchmark in 2022 with more routes like London Commuter, along with loads of DLC layers on such UK routes.

Happy New Year to all as well!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Hear, hear! There's no doubt that the people doing the work are working hard, and it shows in the impressive complexity of the product.

A thank you and high five also needs to go to those doing the often thankless job of interfacing with the public (often on their own time in addition to work hours). Matt, Nat, Sam, Jamie, JD, Adam, et al, your time and efforts are much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  6. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with you!
    Its been a mixed year and things haven't always gone to plan but we've had some awesome stuff as well!

The guys on stream especially have been brilliant for the most part being in the firing line, you guys have done a great job and I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Definitely agree with you since 2021 with a mixed year which some good and bad routes.

8. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

I agree with op. DTG have done an amazing job spitting out content and communicating with players taking in feedback. Has the year gone smoothly? No. Flawless releases? No. Bug free? No. But I’ve NEVER seen any other game developer holding bi weekly roadmap or Q n A streams/chats being so completely open and attentive to complaints wanting to correct mistakes.the really bad issues like not being able to access bought routes on certain platforms and such haven’t really all been DTGs fault even, but they have had to front those complaints and did so in a good transparent way.
    I wish the DTG crew better luck and maybe not set a too ambitious schedule for 2022 letting QC suffer like last year. Keep communicating. We can stand delays if execution gains from it! Keep up the good work! And please fix PIS on gwr

• Like Like x 1