New Chatham Main Line- List Of Bugs

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by AirbourneAlex, Dec 18, 2021.

1. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Snow textures 'floating' above platforms at some stations (in this case Shepherdswell)
    20211218110434_1.jpg

Missing snow textures on the rear of most whistle boards/speed limit signs
    20211218111839_1.jpg

Class 465/9 cab speedometer misaligned with HUD speed (by up to 8 miles/hour).
    20211218104216_1.jpg

Multiple sharp gradient changes between Sittingbourne and Kemsley (needs smoothing out)
    Also no quick drives between Sittingbourne and Sheerness (including for diesel)
    20211218175222_1.jpg

Multiple levitating hedgerows next to the coast between Herne Bay and Birchington
    20211219092107_1.jpg

I will edit this thread if I find any more issues/corrections.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Really loving this version of the route. However, I and another player found the same issue. Quick Drive Blackfriars to Dover, red light at Faversham and points set so that you can't go further. Though from my experience of Southern Region, it did add some realism.

Will it ever be possible to chose AI rolling stock and AI traffic density for Quick Drives?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. AirbourneAlex

Quick drives on big routes should really be simplified to only include primary stop/start points, which might make testing them easier. It's unlikely many people will choose to do a quick drive between Ravensbourne and Meopham for example.

That sounds quite complicated to implement, especially if it means coding a system to randomly enable/disable AI spawn points. Although they did figure out how to disable AI, which I would have thought needed to be done on a scenario-by-scenario basis.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  4. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hi all,

I found I can't do a quick drive from Blackfriars to Shortlands as there is a red signal at Herne Hill at platform 4. Tried twice with slight variation with final destination and still get held at same location?
    Also noticed the speedo is out of sync with the HUD timer, although I saw this mentioned in the the previous post in this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Veryfatbloke

Veryfatbloke Member

The speedo on the 465 is out of synch with the hud display. I ran a quick drive from Blackfriars to Herne Hill, just to check out Blackfriars, and I couldn’t get into Herne Hill due to a red signal. I also ran a quick drive from Gravesend to Dover Priory but couldn’t complete that as I got pathed into platform 4 at Faversham rather than through platform 3. The signal for platform 3 was green but 4 was red.

6. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Thank you for spotting the sheerness line track smoothing (I'll make sure that's sorted) Although any patch will be in the new year. I have passed on the art issues (snow / missing signals too), as for the quick drives - at least the Faversham one - I drove that while testing it didn't happen for me, so I find it bizarre that it's sending the trains into Faversham P4 - even though the routing is actually correct into P3. (on the spawn point - I am looking into it though. )

The Class 465 - I'll mention to see what can be done.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  7. AirbourneAlex

Thanks Danny. These are only really small issues but are noticeable - so a patch would be welcome. Hopefully not too time consuming to fix either.

I've also encountered a blocking AI train at Ramsgate (luckily this one cleared the signal after some waiting - not sure whether this was intentional, as deliberate blocking AI in QD is uncommon). Maybe due to the spawn chance being below 1, on the same journey yesterday I didn't encounter this, which might explain why it was missed during testing.
    20211219094101_1.jpg

8. AirbourneAlex

Is this intentional too, both Canterbury East and Dover Priory have signs for Simpsons Wine Estate?
    20211218160732_1.jpg 20211218163108_1.jpg

9. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Thank you for the above - I'll see what I can do, although if the blocking AI moves it might not be an issue :) (I'm off at the moment, but looking into a merged route so the quick drive is based on the same one, the Faversham one is confusing though, the routing goes from Sittingbourne P2, into Teynham P2 and then Faversham P3, so you'd think by that it would work but for some reason, it doesn't.

Reculver Castle, may not be as visible as you'd think (I was shown a picture where it's really small in the distance (that's not me saying 100% no, just uncertain, I think the main things that has a higher chance in being fixed is the Dreamland and a missing school at Aylesham (the latter is next to the station). - Again though most are no off until the new year.

Yes because it's there in real life :) (I took photos of it at both stations, and they are present on the signs - I can post photos if you like :)

Blackfriars to Herne Hill - I admit my fault - I copy-pasted the other ones not realising that it can't go through P3 - easy mistake and easy fix though at least.(the blackfriars one was added last minute - so didn't get tested as much as the others (I did test the Victoria to Dover / Ramsgate, but those worked on initial testing.

• Like Like x 3
  10. AirbourneAlex

Thanks again for explaining, didn't know about the signs as I've never noticed them in real life. Reculver Towers/Castle, whilst roughly the same distance as Canterbury Cathedral is from lineside, I suppose being a smaller structure it isn't as easily seen from the cab (though from personal experience the railway line is visible from the castle!) so ultimately it isn't so critical. :)

11. Ivan Noble

Ivan Noble New Member

When travelling from Faversham towards Dover, there are two PSR warning boards - one for a 55 and the other for a 20/40. Sorry I can't remember where they are but it's not too far out of Faversham. In the game they are the wrong way round because the 55 PSR comes before the 20/40 PSR.

On the 465/9, the DSD doesn't sound when it is activated. It works because it dumps the brakes but it doesn't sound. Neither does the guards buzzer sound on either the B or the C key (the manual refers to both).

• Like Like x 1
  12. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Not sure if it would help but the quick drive changes I've put into this route - (things such as the Sheerness on sea gradients smoothing too, but I did put them in the Chatham Version first - then it was put into the above)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1298545317

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wolfgrade

Wolfgrade New Member

Yes, both stations are about the same distance from Simpsons.

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Thought they were in Springfield :D :D

15. scarecrow

scarecrow New Member

Am I the only one who has missing platforms at Snowdown Station?

16. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

I just checked, I had platforms at Snowdown (checked on a version that should be the same as everyone else - although are you missing anything else? - I know if you are missing platforms at Snowdown you'll also be missing them at Swale too)

17. scarecrow

scarecrow New Member

Checked Swale and the platforms are missing as you say. Tried unchecking and checking the route but with the same result.

18. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

I think you need to uncheck the London to Gillingham Chatham Main Line (the assets are under DTG/LondonGillingham rather than DTG/ChathamMainLine ) at least for the platforms :)

Edit (in the DLC List - Just Chatham Main Line Addon)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  19. scarecrow

scarecrow New Member

Thanks Danny, that worked.

• Like Like x 1
  20. capncol

capncol Member

I have sent a ticket, but the issue I have is that when I try to create a scenario and use a waypoint the sim crashes to desktop. I have managed to get it to work by only using waypoints, but find it odd that this only happens on this route. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may cause this and how to fix it?
    Other than that the route looks really nice and have done a few career scenarios and quick drives with no CTD's.

21. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

The above has been sorted (so for when there is a patch it will be in that, I hope will be in January, for some odd reason the railfans above the blank had a big space that wasn't seen in the text in-game). However, the way around it that I've seen is to click on the blank then click on a destination - a bit long-winded but at least a workaround.

22. capncol

capncol Member

Thanks for that Danny, looking forward to a permanent fix as I inevitably click on the waypoint as a matter of course and then crash :(
    Still, other than that am enjoying it so far :love:

Happy New Year
    Colin

23. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

There were quite a lot of missing textures in the ground near the track when I did a quick drive from faversham in winter and snow. Run the camera towards Dover and ramsgate and you should see it. Noticeable in a scenario from crankybot on ATS as well.

24. amoonrabbit

amoonrabbit New Member

Having the same issue. London Victoria to Ramsgate will always put you into platform 4 of Faversham which results in a broken route despite the route being set to put you in Platform 3 according to the quick drive scenario that gets created. I have had to sever the connection to platform 4 in order to do a run through to Ramsgate.

I second the Reculver Towers should be put in. Also, whilst Crampton Tower is there in Broadstairs, it'd be nice to have the stagecoach building and beehive as well instead of the generic row of shops. Plus the Royal Mail sorting office there too. Oh, and the library? And maybe the petrol station, library building as well...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  25. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

Yes, I am using the AP track pack. I've just reinstalled it and the problem persists. Winter and snow:
    upload_2022-1-1_6-10-53.gif

Fine in the summer / clear.
    upload_2022-1-1_6-13-18.gif

26. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

It doesn't seem an issue with the route without the AP Pack
    Screenshot_Chatham Main Line - London Victoria to Dover + Ramsgate_51.31111-0.89270_14-30-13.jpg

With AP Pack (at least the version I have) looks like it's an issue with the AP Pack, not the route.

Screenshot_Chatham Main Line - London Victoria to Dover + Ramsgate_51.31117-0.89254_15-00-09.jpg

27. AirbourneAlex

Works fine for me, I should have the latest version of the AP track pack.
    20220101102031_1.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. AirbourneAlex

Saying that my signpost texture problem has reappeared, not sure if the AP track pack would cause that? Maybe just missing snow textures?
    20220101102912_1.jpg

29. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

You spotted that in the first post ;) (the speed signs)

30. AirbourneAlex

I know, but I've only just realised it's being caused when the season is set to winter (dough!)

31. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

I just tried the nuclear option: uninstall the Chatham main line route from steam, manually delete the remaining files from Assets and Content directories then reinstall from steam. No Track EP install and I still see the missing textures.

32. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

The terrain files are in the DTG/LondonGillingham Folder so you probably still have those installed perhaps? (it uses the assets from the original one too - Listed as Just Chatham Main Line in Steam :)

(equally just deleting everything except the ap file should also fix that)

33. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

Thanks Danny. As you mention above, it seems to be caused by the terrain.bin that the AP track EP creates.

• Like Like x 1
  34. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

It might be worth re-downloading the AP Track pack - I have a feeling that AP may have updated it since both of us downloaded it (I personally don't use it for route building but do for screenshots - but it's possible it may have been fixed since - going by Alex's screenshots)

35. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

36. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

37. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

I sent a support request through the AP website. I'm running a version of the track EP dated 22/12/2021 so is the most up to date.

38. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

It become more strange: I´ve testet a QD from Teynham to Dover Priory P1. It worked - I arrived at Faversham P3.
    Then I drove Blackfriars - Dover: same issue as others: arrived at Faversham P4 with red signal in front (as seen in the map: the dispatcher would like to take me in direction Ramsgate). Ok - now I tested Teynham to Dover again, and again red Signal at P4.
    For myself I had questions - why the first test was without problem? Now I tested it a 4th time with one change - a change that was the only that has been different to my other tries. And now: it worked again - I arrived at Faversham P3. The thing I changed? The length of the train. At first I used a 4car train. For the London - Dover and the second time Teynham to Dover I used a 8car train. As I changed it back to a 4car it worked again.
    I have used the AP Class 465 Ex-Connex Sout Eastern, and for verification with the Network Southeast version. My conclusion: with a 4car train its possible to arrive at Faversham P3. With a 8car train not - the dispatcher sends it to P4 - for whatever reason.

So then - perhaps someone can reproduce that with other trains (should be sufficient to try it from Teynham instead from London because its faster). And all the others with the P4 issue - what was your length of the train?

I have looked in the editor at Faversham and saw some blue cubes. Don´t know if or what they means or what they do. Could it be possible that their position has some effects, because if I comparison the cubes on P3 + P4 they have different locations as on P1 + P2 in ratio to the signals.
    [the tracks on the screenshot are from left to right: P1, P2, P3, P4. The blue AI-train is in direction London]

20220101174636_1.jpg

39. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

The blue cubes are just for the Javelin to say it's 3rd rail (although those can be placed in the scenarios - so not 100% but needed for the Class 395 scenarios (well would help for train setup), but those won't affect it), Although that being said I have done a fix to the above (you won't see it in the route though) However thank you for the 4 car / 8 car notes though - I'll probably test more into the changes when I'm back at work next week.

(however, a potential fix has been put in a workshop route - if you'd want to look at that at least? - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1298545317 ) (it only has the quick drive from this route so doesn't need the rest of the route included in the above)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

Superb service from AP. They updated the track pack this morning to add the missing textures.

• Like Like x 2