PC Crr Extra 3001 Northbound Coal

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by GuitarMan, Jul 22, 2021.

1. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

It may be that it can be argued this isn't a bug, but having to stop within 1 yard of a red signal going down a 1 in 67 incline to complete an hour and a half's work is a bit over the top. Most train drivers would surely pull up a bit short in that situation, to avoid any risk of a spad. Can this not be given a bigger stopping area?

• Like Like x 3
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This issue is rife in TSW and getting worse, so more care and attention needs to be given by the gameplay authors to where stop markers are placed.

3. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I might have been a bit annoyed when I posted this one - due to the fact there are no checkpoints on this service... and it took me 6 attempts - so that was about 9 hours work to pass it - I wouldnt have minded so much if it wasn't so ridiculously hard to achieve.

• Like Like x 2
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You would be right to be annoyed. It’s not prototypical to stop that close to a stop board so it’s just bad placing of the stop marker and it will create unnecessary SPADs for the player. It has happened to me. As I’ll likely play each service many times on Clinchfield anyway it’s not too big a deal for me when it happens, as I will get round to doing it again fairly soon for another try, but it still should not happen. It ends up with a silly dance with the brakes at the end of a service and that’s bad simulation because it wouldn’t happen on a real service.

• Like Like x 2
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This affects almost all northbound services: the stop marker at Elkhorn is placed absurdly close to the board, it was a serious blunder by whoever placed it, and all we can do is hope that whenever in the 2030s Adam's team gets around to Clinchfield they'll move it (or better yet, replace the "on-or-past" function with a "within X yards" as is done at platforms.)

6. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

But it's still easier than Greenbriar 7

Stop ahead and roll slowly to the marker. In doubt use emergency brake.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

Happy new year first

Had the same mission yesterday. and i came to a stop 5m before the target marking, so I had to roll the last few meters. Well then I couldn't get the train to stop. The marking must penetrate further away from the red signal (red stop sign) or an option must be built into the game that you have to activate in the menu that you can run over red signals like in Train Simulator 2022.

Too bad i like Clinchfield a lot, but under these circumstances it's really frustrating.