Train Sim Stadiums- How Many Are There?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by frabjousvector, Jan 1, 2022.

1. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Hello!
    As an avid fan of football at all levels, I’ve spent quite a bit of time attempting to wriggle out of bounds so I can get a closer look at the TSW representation of a few real-life football stadiums! So far I’ve seen Maidenhead United’s York Road, Wembley Stadium and what I believe is Gillingham FC’s Priestfield Stadium. I am also aware that the AMEX Stadium is very visible in the East Coastway pack, but I sadly don’t own that one. Has anyone spotted any others? I’m very interested as to how many there are in the game as a whole, and how well some are represented- I know that the AMEX is very well done, assumedly bar the team license and logo which I assume they wouldn’t be able to obtain, whereas Priestfield is much less detailed, it doesn’t even have a proper pitch!

2. roggek

roggek Active Member

3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, the AMEX does actually have both Brighton & Hove Albion, and American Express branding around the ground. I haven't got a screenshot, but it's there.

Other than Wembley, I haven't found any that are well represented.

Hampden Park (National Stadium of Scotland)'s local station is Mount Florida (Cathcart Circle) however, the only representation is a pitch (not even the main Hampden, but the smaller 'Lesser Hampden"), which is a shame, because Cathcart's scenery is typically quite dense.

However, just next to Neilston station on the same route there is a pleasant little football park. I like just listening to the sounds - you can sometimes hear a game going on.

4. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Outside of Lewes on ECW is the best named park/pitch, The Dripping Pan, home of Lewes FC.

Though not accurately represented in game, you can see a few pitches just over the bridge.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If you look due north from Gillingham depot you can see a row of what looks like blue industrial units, and if you put the camera above Gillingham level crossing you can see the green of the pitch

6. frabjousvector

Oh really? I only saw the industrial units and thought that they had assumed that that would be enough and people wouldn’t check! Will have to go back to SEHS to get a closer look!!!

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

upload_2022-1-2_11-27-27.png
    It's not that interesting (or realistic)

• Like Like x 1
  8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

That's actually quite a creative way of representing the roof of a stadium - I didn't expect something like that from SEHS :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. frabjousvector

I’m still looking as to whether Ebbsfleet United’s stadium exists in the game, and I can pretty much cross off Olympic Park and a few of the far away ones, such as Reading’s Madjeski and whatever Slough Town’s stadium is.