Elbe Valley Railway: Dresden - Děčín

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cael, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Train Sim World route proposal: The Elbe Valley Railway (Elbtalbahn)

This important mainline offers many possibilities with services ranging from S-Bahn services and regional trains to Eurocity services and freight traffic. The route runs along the Elbe river from Děčín, Czech Republic to Dresden Hbf, Germany via the Sächsische Schweiz.
    Dresden-Friedrichstadt would be needed as well as the stopping point for freight trains.

Route length is 62 km, which seems to be the current "standard" of route scoping.
    The full run of the route would take around 40-45 minutes for EC trains and around 75 minutes for stopping services.

Rolling Stock:
    S-Bahn and regional services:
    Class 143 + Doppelstockwagen (already incoming with Hagen - Finnentrop route)
    Class 146 + Doppelstockwagen
    Class 642 Desiro

Eurocity:
    ČD 371 + DB/ČD/ÖBB/MÁV EC coaches (this could be a problem due to licensing)

Freight:
    Class 189
    ČD 372 (once again, licensing)
    Container, oil, and car wagons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Děčín–Dresden-Neustadt_railway

I believe this would be a great addition to TSW as this route potentially offers a lot of versatility.

• Like Like x 6
  2. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

This would be a great addition to Train Sim World! The route length of only 62 kilometres makes it very feasible for Train Sim World at the moment and the potential addition of Czech locomotives would allow TSW to have a more diverse range of locomotives/rolling stock.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

This would be very nice, but I highly doubt DTG will add so much rolling stock in one route.

4. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I don't expect it as well, these are just suggestions. If we were to get this route, I think we can realistically expect one new loco and the existing 143.
    But still, we can dream and hope :)

• Like Like x 2