London Commuter - No Passengers After Gatwick

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ajgames, Jan 2, 2022.

1. ajgames

ajgames New Member

Have been playing London Commuter on PS5 and really enjoying it but it seems at Gatwick, all passengers get off the train and none will get on here or at any other stations after. Doesn't seem to matter which service (Gatwick express or a 377 service) or what direction I'm going. Means I have a completely empty train for rest of the journey.

• Like Like x 2
  2. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I’m finding the passenger behaviour odd in regards to the loading process.

I find the first time I open the doors there is very little activity getting on or off the trains. I close them and re-open and suddenly everything springs into motion: passengers get off, and everyone on the platform boards.

I’m also finding this to be the case on the LIRR as we speak, requiring a double open and close process in order to get passengers moving.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This supposedly has been addressed with the new Rush Hour passenger system- but that hasn't yet been enabled on Brighton due to performance issues.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

But this is also happening to other routes such as SEHS and LIRR that I know of.

5. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Correct, as those routes haven't had rush hour passengers implemented yet either. Only Boston Sprinter, Dresden, Koln-Aachen, and Bakerloo have the new passengers in place

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Even with the rush hour passengers on bkl, i noticed that when i take over a packed train at Elephant & Castle, once I arrive the next station which is Lambeth North which isn't a really busy station on the BKL in real life, all of the passengers get off the train and passengers that are getting onto the platform don't get on the train. Therefore i am driving an empty train. Sometimes passengers will get on but at the next station they all get off. That's just not realistic at all and is the problem I have with the rush hour passenger system.

Ironically if it's an ai train, all the passengers will gladly get on that train but if it's a player train, they won't get on. That needs to be addressed

• Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Maybe the driver should try showering?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Lol

9. ajgames

ajgames New Member

Maybe a quick walk through the train wash before starting a service?

Interestingly I did a run on GWE from Reading to Paddington yesterday and only had 2 passengers most of the way. In fact at most stations no one got on. For 9am expected more passengers even without the rush hour passengers being implemented.
    Tried closing the doors and opening them again but had no affect.

Makes me wonder if a recent change/update has caused this as I'm sure have seen more passengers than this before.

• Like Like x 1
  10. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Hasn't been addressed. I noticed this behaviour on the Koln route which has the Rush Hour passenger system. Most of the time you aren't carrying any passengers because they get off at the first stop.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

Lmao.

12. tallboy7648

What i don't understand is why will passengers get on a ai train but not the player train. They must not like my train :(

13. dipperdolphin

dipperdolphin New Member

Still having this, all passengers get off at Gatwick and nothing after.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

The passengers are broke on all routes rush hour or not, tends to be the older the route the better they are tbh, rush hour passenger upgrade kinda broke them though they weren’t very efficient previously so in essence it didn’t go from working to broken, but broken to near non existent (asides they exist)

• Like Like x 3
  15. charliekerr377

charliekerr377 Member

There's lots of passengers in London Victoria and Clapham Junction. Meaning that the Reigate Line can be busy at around 6 or 7. Let's not forget about East Croydon. East Croydon is also a busy station like Gatwick Airport. Falmer can be a bit busy during match days in the summer. Same thing in the autumn and spring

16. T.83

T.83 Member

Falmer shouldn’t really be busy in the summer, most football clubs are in their off-season or are doing pre season tours elsewhere.

17. charliekerr377

charliekerr377 Member

Does the Amex Stadium do the same