There And Back Again Scenario Bug?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pterocles#7018, Jan 4, 2022.

1. pterocles#7018

pterocles#7018 Active Member

Hi, I am trying to complete this scenario on The Nahverkerh Dresden route. I think it is full of bugs, though I would be glad to hear that it is just me and there is a way to complete this run.
    - When driving from the cab car, the train won't accelerate properly - max kN is around 60, then as the train gains speed the traction force drops and then there is no way I can raise it again, max back to 30 kN. Never any higher.
    - Same with braking.
    - When I swap to the Br 143, while accelerating the loco suddenly stops (not penalty stop), ant I can't restart it. The BC pressure is 3.2, and it sticks there whatever I do. Ok, to be fair when I put brake to release it drops but immediately goes back to 3.2 so there is - or at least I couldn't figure out - hoe to get this loco moving again.
    - And - of course - I can't save half way. Can't save anyway to be precise.
    Any idea?

2. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

I just replayed the scenario and imho the train performs quite as expected.
    1) Driving from the cab car, it just takes a while for the loco to react and build up traction. 60 kN is about what you get out of the old lady. It is normal that traction decreases beyond like 50 km/h, along with the acceleration rate.
    2) Keep in mind that when applying brakes, the train blends e-brake and pneumatic brake automatically and thus usually applies the pneumatic brake first and adds the e-brake later.
    3) Driving from the loco on the way back works fine for me. Are you sure you shut down the cab car completely? Including the safety systems? (I think I managed to reproduce the effect that you decribe after leaving Sifa and PZB on in the cab car. You gotta turn it off in the cab car and then on again in the loco.)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. pterocles#7018

pterocles#7018 Active Member

Bingo!
    That bloody safety sytem! Of course I left it turned on!
    Thanks a million for all the useful info.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

If you load at any point along the way, the entry in the first station after changing to the locomotive is blocked because an AI train is permanently stuck at a red light.
    If you do it in one go then everything works as intended.

There was another run, not a particular scenario, in the journey mode before this scenario that had the same bug. Saving and loading led to a signal becoming stuck on red making it impossible to finish and having to restart.

• Like Like x 1
  5. murphious#7583

murphious#7583 New Member

yep, the 'hint' icons for changing ends are missing important steps evidently. I keep forgetting that's why I rarely train sim anymore. Wish SCS would come out with Train Driving ...;)