Northeast Corridor New York 2.0

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tehangrybird345, Dec 23, 2021.

?
  1. This should be included asap

27.7%
  2. I think it would be a good additional

53.2%
  3. I need to think about it

8.5%
  4. It’s a pretty bad idea

6.4%
  5. This should never be in TSW2

4.3%
  1. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

Today I’m suggesting the return of NEC New York, but with some additions to the route. The route could be possibly extended, either with branch lines for NJT and LIRR, or the base length could be extended for more lengthy runs and extra freight services. The base locomotives will stay the same including the GP40 and SW1000R dlcs, however owners of the Acela dlc I suggested in my dlcs for Boston Sprinter post can have the Acela as extra layers. Some additional freight locomotives can also be added with the base route, and the SD40-2 and AC4400CW can layer on the route. The route can also be updated with rush hour passenger, PIS screens, and railroad crossings (if any). I also think that there should be freight at the yards in Newark. Well that’s all I have to say, let me know if you like this idea.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If you want to do it correct NEC New York Newark, NJ to New Haven, CT complete with Metro-North Penn station access NJ Transit Raritan Valley Line High Bridge to NY Penn Station NJ Transit North Jersey coast line Bay Head/Long Branch New York and NJ Transit Northeast Corridor line one of those being 15:25 New Brunswick 16:15 NY Penn Station express

• Like Like x 1
  3. Supernovae

Supernovae New Member

I personally would love to see the entire NEC in TSW2. However, I don't think the TSW NEC NY map is a good base for this. The Boston Sprinter DLC is the first 43 miles of the NEC. While a bit short IMO, it's a good connection and longer routes can hopefully come at similar costs as DTG improves their development tools. I think sections from NYC - New Haven, NYC - Philadelphia, Philadelphia - Baltimore, and Baltimore to Washington would be good DLC segments for advancing the NEC. Providence to New Haven would also be needed to complete the service, but this seems like the least appealing DLC due to a lack of continuous commuter rail service and relatively small endpoints. Much of what hurt the original TSW DLC was the "nowhere to nowhere" routing. I personally didn't have much of an issue with the route terminating at Newark Airport, but New Rochelle felt like a very random endpoint. The route was a testbed for a mapping technique that didn't end up working out, so possibly there were technical limitations with pushing onto a more sensible terminus, even if it was just Stamford

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

If There is the technology then they can make 205 miles 330 km Northeast Corridor Newark,NJ to Providence RI via NY Penn Station New Haven Union Station. Commuter rail is Newark,NJ to New London,CT High Speed rail New London Connecticut to Boston South Station.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t mind seeing new London Connecticut sometime on TSW 2 let’s hope Connecticut shoreline east makes it on the roadmap in the future for 2022.

6. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The CSX Genset was a DLC in TS2020's Hudson Line. Perhaps the modern, eco-friendly 3GS-21B in CSX paint could be included or sold as DLC. The Gensets could also be added in UP and BNSF liveries later on.

7. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

I believe that route should go from NYC to Stamford, South Norwalk or Bridgeport in CT with MTA metro north's M8 fleet on the new haven line. Along with numberous Harlem line stations.

8. tehangrybird345

That would be really cool, image all the layers we could get as MBTA goes past providence

9. tehangrybird345

Now what would be really cool is to have all three connected and have a full Boston - New York route. I’ve actually ridden that and it’s fun

10. driverwoods#1787

How long is that trip?

11. tehangrybird345

3:30 on the Acela, 4:00 on the Northeast Regional

i took both and that’s my rough estimate

12. driverwoods#1787

The Acela Express that's an hour and a half I than the longest scenario in the game Sand Patch Grade powering America 2hr twice length regional.

13. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

I need to think about it. Will it be free for those who also own the route on TSW 2020?

14. tehangrybird345

If it gets the modifications, they would get a discount (it would probably only cost 5$ for them) but if they don’t they have to pay full price, however if it doesn’t get the modifications they get it for free

15. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Then yes I would buy it.